I am starting to hate this site.

Page 5 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 4:36 pm

I said expectations because you brought it up and it seemed that you would maybe understand that better if I used that word instead. I guess I was wrong about that.

And where is it criticism? I asked a question since so far I have met deaf people who write quite well and learning disabled people who get at least sentence structure right despite having multiple spelling errors. Later I made some recommendations to try to aid the issues on hand, however that seemed to be completely disregarded and people then just see me as the person who said something bigoted, when he was actually just curious about whether the person was born and raised in Australia or had just recently (some time in the past five years) emigrated to Australia, as the situation didn't seem to completely add up for me. I cannot use sign language on a web forum.

Wilburforce, how the hell did I insult Berabera for crying out loud? You guys keep bringing up that I insulted people when you do not explain how! And I wasn't being a f*****g bully. Now f*****g explain this s**t to me because it is getting extremely frustrating for me to be constantly accused of things that people will not explain how their accusations can be valid!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Jul 2016, 4:40 pm

I feel like you are being too sensitive to being corrected yourself, like I said nobody likes a grammar nazi!

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 4:42 pm

Aniihya wrote:
I said expectations because you brought it up and it seemed that you would maybe understand that better if I used that word instead. I guess I was wrong about that.

And where is it criticism? I asked a question since so far I have met deaf people who write quite well and learning disabled people who get at least sentence structure right despite having multiple spelling errors. Later I made some recommendations to try to aid the issues on hand, however that seemed to be completely disregarded and people then just see me as the person who said something bigoted, when he was actually just curious about whether the person was born and raised in Australia or had just recently (some time in the past five years) emigrated to Australia, as the situation didn't seem to completely add up for me. I cannot use sign language on a web forum.

Wilburforce, how the hell did I insult Berabera for crying out loud? You guys keep bringing up that I insulted people when you do not explain how! And I wasn't being a f*****g bully. Now f*****g explain this s**t to me because it is getting extremely frustrating for me to be constantly accused of things that people will not explain how their accusations can be valid!

If you can't see the insult in telling someone who obviously struggles with language because of profound disability how awful their language usage is, then I don't know how to help you. It's pretty clear to everyone else.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 5:07 pm

If the person in question had just said, "yes, I was born and raised in Australia" we could have easily avoided this entire thing but nooooo, you turn it into some kind of ableism issue. Had I gotten a simple answer, I would have considered that their their disabilities may be severe enough to impair their ability to use a language. But to date, I have not received an answer to that damn question.

And I am reacting so intensely, because no other people manage to grind my gears more than aspies and the way aspies tend to act towards others and use their condition as a damn excuse for avoiding improvement, makes me ashamed to use the word aspie as a self description. I had been patient for so long, but there is no point to it when I tell people again and again a solution or hint such without them having to betray their ideals and it is just completely disregarded, because people are more focused on victimizing themselves and others than trying to find actual solutions. This is why so far I only get along well with two auties, who themselves despite being unemployed, still volunteer to bring solutions to issues between society and autistic people. You are not a damn victim and not everyone is going to do everything for you.

When someone says "I didn't notice you were autistic." My response is usually: "Thank you! I worked very hard to improve my ability to socialize even though I hate socializing because I cannot just rely on others."

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 5:12 pm

Aniihya wrote:
http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=324117

okay, there's more to it than that, and all those little details in tandem do matter a lot, but there's one detail that will probably make it a lot clearer to you what was happening: raleigh was not "white knighting" (don't ever use that expression btw, unless you want to be inflammatorily offensive). he's hearing-impaired himself, and is even fluent in sign language iirc

you need to stop and think of the astounding number of assumptions you're making all at once before you speak. and when people get angry with you, don't insist. saying it's just them being too sensitive won't make things any better for anyone

btw, now it's conclusively proven what this is all about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 5:22 pm

Oh yeah, go ahead and just say that I am the only one making assumptions. Anagram, you gave me the ultimate reason to leave this site FOREVER

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 5:23 pm

well, then let me, for one, say:

IRONY

:)

glhf

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 5:29 pm

Genuine question, not trying to stir it, just really asking, how do you know that the member on that other thread whose grammar was bad was "avoiding improvement" and using his disabilities as an excuse? We don't even know that for sure; for all any of us know, perhaps he had tried very hard to improve his writing skills and they used to be much worse than what he posted. There's no way of knowing that from the few bits of information he gave. You kind of got mad at him based not on what he can or cannot do properly but on what you assume he never tried to do properly.

I'm getting sh!t from someone else about the concept of assumptions but yeah that was an assumption you made on not much information to go by, that's all I'm thinking, speaking for myself.

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 5:31 pm

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\... This is for you anagram.

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 5:34 pm

BirdInFlight, now you are piecing two separate instances together that do not belong together. Last rant was about how sh***y the aspie communities have felt to me, not just WP but also on FB.

I never said that the poster from the other thread was avoiding improvement. The only thing I had to do with Berabera was a simple question that wasn't answered because other people thought they could speak for him.

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 5:42 pm

I requested this thread to be locked.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 6:01 pm

I just want to say I posted last before it's locked...nice ASCII finger btw, lol.

edit: and that was sincere, that is a NICE ASCII finger.

Last edited by Aristophanes on 27 Jul 2016, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 6:02 pm

^ still on fire! :lol:

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 6:07 pm

Thanks Aristophanes. I am an ASCII artist btw who attends demoscene events.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 6:11 pm

oh i thought you had just copy-pasted it. so you did draw it yourself? i have to agree then, it is nicely done

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 6:12 pm

Aniihya wrote:
Thanks Aristophanes. I am an ASCII artist btw who attends demoscene events.

Dude, that stuff was good, seriously, I am impressed. I generally skim over ASCII stuff to be honest, but that had all the little details in the curvature of the knuckles-- brilliant.