Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 3:28 am

it seems there's lots of us like that. wish I had answers other than that it is a numbers game, the math doesn't favor us.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 6:56 am

I just feel completely unlovable. Why does no one want me? Im so unhappy. I cope so well for so long but just end up howling in tears in a heap on the floor.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 7:02 am

I don't know what to say to comfort you but I'm feeling your distress and wish your situation was different.

Have you tried boxing, or chopping wood or something else high energy?
Do you ever get angry about it all instead of sad?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 7:04 am

I have never chopped wood in my life lol

I go for long walks when I'm feeling down. Just burn off the energy.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 7:12 am

^It can be therapeutic, lol. I tried many things to help me get through the pain of Reactional depression... That was one of them, box fit was good too, lol.
Yup there is a theme there, sometimes I would run until the pain from running was what I could feel instead of the psychological pain, there was also the benefit of the runners high.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 8:03 am

Or I just break all of the glasses available to hand by throwing them at the sink. It felt good but now I have to go clean up all the broken glass :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 8:08 am

Then you have to go out and buy new glasses!

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 1:43 pm

Hurtloam I'm sorry, I don't think my advice is very suitable, you might need a gentler approach more in line with your character.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 3:16 pm

hurtloam, I know a bit of which you are going through. being in the military and dealing with loneliness was hard too. I was one of the only permanent party left in the barracks, most the other GIs got married and left. this was frustrating and there was one other person in my boat, to work off the unhappy feelings we each [individually] would go running for miles and miles until we were too tired to care. running is therapeutic, so is swimming laps, which I also did after running. just exhaust yourself, then the feelings won't have the energy to manifest themselves. a side benefit is that you will be hellafit after a while of doing this.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 3:48 pm

Amity wrote:
Hurtloam I'm sorry, I don't think my advice is very suitable, you might need a gentler approach more in line with your character.

It's not your fault. I used to have extreme meltdowns as a child that involved throwing things. When I'm not coping emotionally I return to that habit. It's awful I just need to throw things. I've never done it in front of other people. I thought I'd grown out of it, but sometimes it rears it's ugly head again.

I should throw pillows and stay out of the kitchen when I feel like that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 4:26 pm

You're a very charming guy, AuntBlabby....I can't see why you shouldn't find a nice girl somewhere.

You have a penetrating sort of intelligence. And you're handy with things.

That's the honest truth.

I've seen pictures of you. You're not a bad-looking guy at all.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 4:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
hurtloam, I know a bit of which you are going through. being in the military and dealing with loneliness was hard too. I was one of the only permanent party left in the barracks, most the other GIs got married and left. this was frustrating and there was one other person in my boat, to work off the unhappy feelings we each [individually] would go running for miles and miles until we were too tired to care. running is therapeutic, so is swimming laps, which I also did after running. just exhaust yourself, then the feelings won't have the energy to manifest themselves. a side benefit is that you will be hellafit after a while of doing this.

Yeah, I've lost a bit of weight from all the walking

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 4:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You're a very charming guy, AuntBlabby....I can't see why you shouldn't find a nice girl somewhere. You have a penetrating sort of intelligence. And you're handy with things. That's the honest truth. I've seen pictures of you. You're not a bad-looking guy at all.

thank you KK :) you are a good egg :thumleft: truth be told, I wondered what a lot of those gals saw in those guys they married, most of 'em were not grist for statues, most were not exceptionally intelligent or entertaining, but they musta had something else that I lacked, just the same. :scratch:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 4:34 pm

^ I bet you can pick up a chick at the audio store.

Then you can reconstruct music systems together.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 4:35 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Yeah, I've lost a bit of weight from all the walking

that is something :wtg: if you wear weights and add hills to your walk and increase your speed [like you're late for work] then you will accelerate those benefits and also get endorphins after a while which will make you feel better.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 4:36 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
^ I bet you can pick up a chick at the audio store. Then you can reconstruct music systems together.

y'know, that is a curious thing but I have never seen one single solitary woman in any audio store that I've been to. I've seen couples shopping but never any single women. something about audio stores must turn them off.