Feeling like an outsider.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

leozelig
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jun 2017, 9:51 pm

I have always felt like an outsider. I have had to try extra hard all my life because of it, and it's so lonely sometimes. It's hard to feel accepted. I think the only times I feel totally accepted are with my mom and my husband, a little bit. I do feel lucky to have those people, even though it feels draining for me sometimes. I guess I am just having another night of feeling really alone and down.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 9:20 am

What do you like to do for your entertainment?

I've been an "outsider" all my life.

The key is to adjust to that fact, and create your own entertainment.

Once you establish personal autonomy, people will start liking you more.

leozelig
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jun 2017, 12:25 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What do you like to do for your entertainment?

I've been an "outsider" all my life.

The key is to adjust to that fact, and create your own entertainment.

Once you establish personal autonomy, people will start liking you more.

I think I really love to read different articles online, I could spend days doing that. I like to walk and be outside too, when I can find a park or quiet place. I also like being creative, making art! :)

Yea, I think I have been really struggling with the fact that I am not like everyone else. I really try hard to fit in and make friends, and to be able to do things on my own. I think I get so discouraged when it goes wrong with trying to succeed with "normal everyday stuff" that people can do so easily-- and I end up needing help. I find it hard to accept...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 6:19 pm

I really feel you're doing fine. You don't have to have interests just because other people have them. Your reading articles, going to the park, etc., do not harm anybody--even yourself. Especially if you feel good doing them, and not costing other people money.

Many other people are into similar solitary pursuits. Alas, they are solitary, so it is rare for them to meet other solitary people who are not into what the "herd" is into.

This is why WrongPlanet is such a good place. You can meet other solitary people. There have been great friendships and romances which emerged here, even marriages.

Even if you just want a friend, WP is still a good place.