What do you think it'll be like to die?

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 6:11 pm

I remember when I was put under for surgery. There was an IV in my hand and the doctor injected milky white substance into it. He said 'you're going to feel a little burning sensation'. I watched as the milky stuff traveled to my hand, I felt a little burning and then that was it, lights out.

I thought later on that's what it must be like to die. At least under peaceful circumstances. I figure dying and death must be like if I had never woken up from the anesthesia. That's the physical aspect. As for the spiritual aspect, that's another matter.

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Feb 2018, 6:33 pm

I remember that same kind of think when I had surgary. I remember the milky white stuff in the big syringe and counting down from ten. That was a really nice feeling as I felt the coldness of the liquid coursing through my veigns and the peaceful feeling as I slipped into nothingness, probably one of the nicest feelings I've had and then I woke up again later but it was nice while it lasted. If only it were that painless when it does happen for real.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 3:17 am

I know that dying will trigger an electro chemical reaction in your brain as oxygen deprivation sets in, i'm not gonna go into detail about it to ruin it for those who do not want to know, but there has been research about it.

When he was a toddler, my father was thrown in a river by some as*hole kids, at one point he saw himself from a position above the river as if floating. Later on in life during bypass heart surgery, he was clinically dead for a while during the operation, he told me that he didn't see anything. So i think there is sort of one-shot reaction that happens during death that cannot be repeated. If triggered, it sounds like it won't be restored, but there is no way to tell since no one has "come back" and reported on it

If i go, i want to go like he did, in his sleep. He didn't move or make any indication to tip off my mother that he passed away. He was agitated before it happened and i think he knew because one week before he had been to a quintuple stent insertion operation. I fear the pain the the panic that sets in when the realisation sets in that i'm about to leave this world, much more than the actual concept of being dead. If there is an afterlife, well, then that is more comforting.

After my fathers death i've seen and heard things that makes me wonder about the afterlife... i googled it and it is common for people to experience such things after a loved one has passed away, but when two people see the same thing you start to wonder.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 2:05 pm

Great, I can’t wait for it.

Apart from the discomfort you go through before you die.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 3:44 pm

Wonderful.

Have you ever thought that whatever you die from, your death will be due to respiratory failure?

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 4:04 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Great, I can’t wait for it.

Apart from the discomfort you go through before you die.

You never know, you may get lucky and get hit by a bus tomorrow.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 4:06 pm

I don't know what it would be like to die, but it sounds euphoric and relieving the more I think about it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 4:17 pm

Raleigh wrote:
The death state will be the same as the state you were in before birth.

only in the afterlife, you will have more accumulated wisdom than in the beforelife. :idea:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 4:25 pm

smudgedhorizon wrote:
I recently had a dream about this. It was like the end of spring, when you say goodbye to your groupmates/classmates... I had a dream about blazing morning sun conquering the darkness of the night. The streets looked like there had been a feast/parade but now everyone was gone, except for some heady people. I dreamt that a few girls from my Uni and me were downtown, and I said goodbye to everyone. It was bittersweet. Than I grabbed an empty bottle and the bottle worked like a balloon, it lifted me in the air and I floated away. I travelled around my country in the air, invisible, and saw emerald forests, rails, cities, and finally, there came a hill. On top of the hill was Aztec like pyramid or fortress guarded by nuns. You could enlist if you were fed up with living and wanted a demise; live there for a while, and if you don't leave, you belong to the fortress -- the fortress of death. You cannot leave. You're left with no food locked there. There's no turning back.

that is very poetic. :star: I remember during surgery I was in this bright orange sunny place, I was flying over iridescent buildings, soaring in the air, it was warm and friendly, not an earthy care. I think more people should investigate the true case of Pam Reynolds, pertinent links below-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pam_Reynolds_case
http://www.timcolemanmedia.com/index.ph ... m-reynolds

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 4:28 pm

I read that test pilots strapped into human centrifuges, at the moment of black-out, a lot of them reported being awake and carefree in some other place, like the beach, or back home. anyways, when my dad died, within a few hours of his death, he awoke both me and my mom simultaneously, by shouting out our names in our heads. me and my mom compared notes, that is how I know it was simultaneous. there is an interesting book called "Hello from Heaven" which talks about documented cases of after-death communication, that I highly recommend.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 5:00 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

only in the afterlife, you will have more accumulated wisdom than in the beforelife. :idea:

Too bad no one can hear all that wisdom though.

My father wrote down a few surprises for me to find after his death, he told me that he had written it and i should take it out after his passing. It was the story of the society he grew up in, about his parents and a tale about staying prepared through life that he wrote in 1975 that he had kept for himself all this time.

I preserved all of it and gave copies to the close family. My mom was very surprised when i told that i had found all that material and she didn't know it even existed.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 5:04 pm

Ichinin wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

Too bad no one can hear all that wisdom though. My father wrote down a few surprises for me to find after his death, he told me that he had written it and i should take it out after his passing. It was the story of the society he grew up in, about his parents and a tale about staying prepared through life that he wrote in 1975 that he had kept for himself all this time.
I preserved all of it and gave copies to the close family. My mom was very surprised when i told that i had found all that material and she didn't know it even existed.

that was an excellent bonus he left you all, that was his way of connecting better with you from beyond the grave. and certain "sensitives" can indeed "hear all that wisdom." Edgar Cayce was a most interesting example. his Association for Research & Enlightment in Virginia Beach, VA, still is open to researchers and lay public, for education and edification. https://www.edgarcayce.org/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran