Why do I feel alone, useless and unwanted?

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jcruiz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Sep 2010, 6:10 am

Yah thats true guys lets just hang in there, even though our negatives outweighs our positives lets just try to put the little nice things we have ahead and focus all our energy on that. we are not alone.

i always think maybe if i get a girl all my problems will end, so from now on i want to fight for that, maybe having some1 to think about, talk to, love and hold tight, will bring back a smile on my sad face,

abc123
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2010, 3:20 am

Invincible wrote:
Whenever I post somewhere, the thread usually dies shortly thereafter and I often wonder if it's because I'm not welcome on a forum.

I go on a social anxiety forum and it is incredibly common for people to feel exactly the same. There are entire threads on this. It is to do with the nature of forums rather than whether you are welcome or not.

I hope you come out of this soon. I read the thread as related to the title.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 6:02 am

Jcruiz wrote:
Yah thats true guys lets just hang in there, even though our negatives outweighs our positives lets just try to put the little nice things we have ahead and focus all our energy on that. we are not alone.

one person's negative is another person's positive. consider this point.

Jcruiz wrote:
i always think maybe if i get a girl all my problems will end, so from now on i want to fight for that, maybe having some1 to think about, talk to, love and hold tight, will bring back a smile on my sad face

i can't help thinking that maybe if you "get a girl" you will only get a new set of problems you had not anticipated, and that you would fine you'd just as soon NOT think about. the "benefits" of GF-hood you mentioned, namely "some1 to think about, talk to, love and hold tight," may come at a price. just a jejune thought. :roll:

Shearerslegs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Sep 2010, 7:20 am

many of you guys feel like I do, I really hope you all feel better soon because then there's hope for me. have any of you tried having a dog, mine sadly died this year but we had ten years together, that never fixed anything but it made it bearable, I wasn't alone. I think that they can be official assistance dogs in some countries. my sister has cats but I'm not a fan they do what suits them and aren't there when you want them, however they make many people happy.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 7:22 am

Shearerslegs wrote:
many of you guys feel like I do, I really hope you all feel better soon because then there's hope for me. have any of you tried having a dog, mine sadly died this year but we had ten years together, that never fixed anything but it made it bearable, I wasn't alone. I think that they can be official assistance dogs in some countries. my sister has cats but I'm not a fan they do what suits them and aren't there when you want them, however they make many people happy.

I wish I was allowed to have one of my cats on campus with me. Granted, the drunks would probably try to put her in the microwave so it's probably a good thing she's safe at home. :roll:

MichaelAngel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Mar 2011, 10:44 pm

it seems to truly be about "hanging in there"...
but the twist is to find what's good in order to get back up above
the cloudy head.
i can relate to having a girlfriend and
A> having her feel "unable" to get you out of your rut.
as well:
B>feeling like the most boring
person alive (and that includes when i hang out with anyone.. not just the ex girlfriends)

i'm listening to droning singing bowls while america's funniest home videos plays on mute in the background
and i'm feeling better..
thanks for posting

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 10:35 pm

I feel the same way man! I hate it, I don't have a gf, or any friends that actually want to spend time with me, I do have a job though... at least it's something...

WhoKnowsWhy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jul 2011, 11:25 pm

No job, no friends, and yet you have a girlfriend? Impressive :)

Sorry....I don't mean to make light of your situation. I know what you are going through and hope things turn out better.

LostUndergrad9090
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 11:27 pm

I hate to see everybody in these roots. Seems we try to find something in our life that is good but in reality its just as bad as the others.

thang
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Dec 2012, 4:16 am

I do too and i 'm just 11 this is very difficult and i usually stay up late crying. :cry: gy

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2012, 2:14 pm

I feel like this every now and then. Think everybody does sometime, though it might be more common for ASD people.

My solution has been to find a few quite close friends. In most cases they have found me through social sites on the internet. Unfortunately none of those sites exists today. And I haven't yet found a girlfriend, which is the main reason for me to be feeling lonely quite often.

But I think the best solution is to hang in there. And to stay active on social sites, every know and then someone will pop up. =)

RaveMaster
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Dec 2012, 10:36 pm

As a doctor i have seen alot of people in your situation, i have also been there, and i can tell you that what your going through can really suck. because i felt useless because i was, and most likely you are to, but don't let that bother you, because something i've learned, When life kicks you in the *ss, don't just sit there and cry about it, life is a b*tch, life will continue to kick you down every chance it gets, so when life kicks you down, stand up, dust yourself off, turn around and kick life in the BALLS!! !

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

30 Dec 2012, 4:35 pm

What can we do to heal our loneliness? *sigh*

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Luska
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2013, 11:33 am

I feel so lonely all the time too....