Letting Out Anger Without Crying

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 1:22 pm

I just wanted to share this with you with how I found and find a better way of letting out my anger without crying.

Me & my psychologist were talking one appointment about how I should let out my anger without crying. Sure crying is a best way to let it out, but it just makes me feel worse and I usually end up really down for the rest of the day or emotionless and mute. Before she suggested the idea, I thought punching the wall was a good idea, but it really isn't (well obviously) as I done my knuckles in.

So she thought of alternative way of letting out my anger. Now, my mum now (after the idea was suggested) collects old plastic bottles she doesn't use, so when I'm annoyed, I go in the back garden with a couple of plastic bottles and crunch them and crack them and tear them apart. It relieves my anger, and makes me feel much calmer. After I am calm at first, I might go into hysterics but then I would eventually calm down.

Does anyone else have an alternate way of letting out their anger without crying?

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 1:30 pm

why would you cry if you were angry? i thought crying was because you were sad, or felt some kindof physical pain. when im angry i f**k s**t up, thats the best way i deal with anger :D

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 1:37 pm

waterdogs wrote:
why would you cry if you were angry?

Because it lets all anger out through crying. I used to cry to let out anger, but It's not a good idea as much now, because like I said, it makes me feel worse about myself.

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 1:52 pm

talk therapy brah, that right there works wonders. (it did for me anyways)

krex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 2:34 pm

I am glad you found something that works for you...I use to use excercise to do this....go for a long bike ride if I could or just get down on the floor and do some push-ups,sit-ups,stretching,leg lifts...
anything "mindless"that would release some of the physical "fight or flight" feelings and also releases some of the same chemicals in the brain that would help me relax.I also liked this because it felt like I was doing something "positive" for myself(and made me look better).

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 4:03 pm

...before my ex left...

...everytime I would get angry I would go out and dig another flower bed or put in more plants...looking back I guess something had to give.... I was running out of yard...LOL :wink: