Nothing to Look Forward to

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

atdevel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jun 2012, 4:55 pm

Anyone feel this way? I'm bored with my major in college, and can't think of a more interesting one. All my talents are school-related, and even I find them boring, so I haven't had a close friend in ages. I've been looking for a summer job but can't find any. I even thought about running away to the army, but I heard after basic training, it's just boring like college. I want to pursue something blue-collar, but my parents want me to go to college, and I have 1.5 years left.

All that would interest me is a girlfriend, but they would want you to be good at something other than schoolwork, which doesn't apply to me, so I come off as needy.

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 5:01 pm

Do you have a hobby? A TV series, a comic, a a movie, a book that you like? Become a NERD! Embrace the entertaining world of nerdishness, research something that fascinates you in your spare time. Read about current news, the world is a fascinating place, even politics on a certain level is interesting. Try to think outside of what's in front of you, think about what's not wholly connected to you. Find a remote island on Google Maps, root through your old childhood possessions to relive memories, go out stargazing. There's a whole lot of stuff out there that tells you that life doesn't have to be boring.

"The natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living." David Attenborough

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 8:29 pm

your almost done with college. might as well finish and have a chance at paying off your student loans.

some girls like nerds. i'm one.

Scottinoz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jul 2012, 12:32 am

Do you know whats worse when you accomplish every thing you set out to do and then after awhile feel that emptiness and can't understand why that is and continue doing that finding the next thing and not getting that much fufillment from it or maybe that's been bi-polar huge ups and then cronic depression when reflecting on why do i feel this way :?