Guide to not caring (For people who do)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Moronerd
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Dec 2012, 4:57 pm

I found a nice article after doing a related search. Here it is

Basically it goes into detail about not getting wrapped up in what people think about you.

This may not be a great issue of people on the autistic spectrum, as empathy tends to be low as I hear, but it's something relevant to me and I hope some others who read this.

I just have trouble sometimes not being able to push past the perception others have of me. One thing that may tend to help is to ask what I'm afraid of.
EDIT: Click the Here it is in the first line of this post to go to the blog.

dvvv
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2012, 5:48 pm

Just read this and it's amazing. Really well put together and quite punchy and "only you can make it happen" style. Really nice. Will remember the link. thx

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 4:16 am

it's hard for me to give a damn about anybody who is not nice to me in some way.

ritualdrama
Toucan
Toucan

21 Sep 2014, 5:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:
it's hard for me to give a damn about anybody who is not nice to me in some way.

Yeah...me too.

http://bit.ly/1L29X77

mattschwartz01
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Sep 2014, 6:26 pm

Moronerd wrote:

Basically it goes into detail about not getting wrapped up in what people think about you.

This may not be a great issue of people on the autistic spectrum, as empathy tends to be low as I hear, but it's something relevant to me and I hope some others who read this.

I just have trouble sometimes not being able to push past the perception others have of me. One thing that may tend to help is to ask what I'm afraid of.

I would caution that not all people on the spectrum are unable to feel empathy. I have empathetic tendencies but as I get older, I find it harder to be empathetic with people who are mean spirited.

AmethystRose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2014, 7:20 pm

mattschwartz01 wrote:
Moronerd wrote:

I would caution that not all people on the spectrum are unable to feel empathy. I have empathetic tendencies but as I get older, I find it harder to be empathetic with people who are mean spirited.

*nod*
Normally, when I'm accused of lacking empathy, the real problem is poor communication. I get accused of thinking things I don't think pretty regularly by people who come at me armed with that assumption that I lack empathy; once that accusation is made, I don't know how to recover...

This is a good article. Empowering.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2014, 6:19 am

>Those who don't give a f*ck rule the world :lol:

Don't know about empathy, but sensitivity to criticism is an Aspergers trait which I certainly do possess. I promise I will try to give less f*cks from now on!

Thanks for the link.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2014, 5:16 pm

those who never give a f**k may find that they eventually receive f***s from good ol' karma. at least in this case it surely is better to give than receive. :idea: