Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Catharascotia
Raven
Raven

14 Jan 2013, 11:42 pm

Yeah, I know, life isn't fair. And I apologize in advance for the rant. But...

It's not fair that I know a lot of people who are strange, eccentric, etc., and people love them for it, whereas I'm constantly rejected for being different. It's not fair that most people can join a group or start a class, meet people and make friends, almost effortlessly, where as all my efforts lead to rejection. It's not fair that being liked and loved comes so easily to many people, and is nearly impossible for me. It's not fair that most people have a circle of friends tell them they're lovable, and I don't have that. It's not fair that being charming and happy and outgoing comes easily to most people but is impossible for me. It's not fair that I have every desire to make friends but lack all the skills. It's not fair that most people can just be themselves and find people who love them, but that everything about myself is wrong for making friends. It's not fair that most people are out there having fun and living their lives, and I'm at home, alone, on my computer.

Like I said, I know life isn't fair and there's nothing I can do about it. But sometimes I'm just overwhelmed by all these things, basic things--friends, acceptance, happiness--that I want so badly but can't have, yet that seem to come easily to other people.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 1:10 am

misery loves company, and in that manner you are in good company here.

Sylant
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jan 2013, 2:57 am

If it's any consolation, i've always found myself more comfortable among the company of 'misfits' and I imagine there must be others who have a similar mindset. Maybe there is something you can do about it, and that is, find those people.

Also you're not alone there on your computer, there are many others right there with you, not physically, but equally present emotionally. If I can suggest one thing that has helped me a lot, be a little kinder to yourself. Forgive the things you either wont or can't do well and embrace the things you can.

Cuckooflower
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2013, 8:10 pm

You're not alone, believe me.

It's not fair that I've been bullied so much and treated like s**t by so many people, including close family members, because I'm different.

I don't trust anyone much any more.

You have to accept that life is grossly unfair. Once you accept that, it helps you deal with the injustice, just a bit better.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 8:21 pm

Nothing is fair; and it took me decades to get used to that one simple fact.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 1:03 am

Sweet Pea hugsImage

Catharascotia
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2013, 1:10 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Sweet Pea hugsImage

Okay, that made me smile. Thanks :)

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 1:11 am

Fnord wrote:
Nothing is fair; and it took me decades to get used to that one simple fact.

Nailed it. You may have to accept things as it is OP and work on changing what you can about yourself.

Cuckooflower
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2013, 7:38 pm

Well, you have one thing I would want, if it's any consolation.

I would rather be in the US than the UK. You guys have so much more beautiful wilderness there, I'm so jealous!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !