Page 2 of 578 [ 9246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 578  Next

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2007, 10:07 pm

Cheerlessleader wrote:
TruenoBlues wrote:
ahayes wrote:
I don't think a vegetarian would taste very good.

Yeah. Tastes like soy-chicken!

Can we please drop the subject now?

Yeah. Just having some fun with that one. Besides, you should know that tofu tastes best as TOFU (I love the stuff). Anyway, I HATE driving in downtown Naperville!! !

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2007, 10:16 pm

I hate self-absorbed as*holes that make others miserable.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2007, 11:21 pm

Cheerlessleader wrote:
GoatOnFire wrote:
Cheerlessleader wrote:
I just discovered a LOT of groups on myspace advocating eating meat! There is only one that politely states that they like eating meat but respect people who don't, the rest of them are called "CARNIVOURS UNITE" or similar to that, and say stuff like "f**k THE VEGETARIANS!! EAT MEAT" or "Vegetarians and vegans can blow it out their ass!" and they have the picture of a koala, a toucan and some other animal in a saucepan and the words "for every animal you don't eat I'm going to eat 3!" Normally I don't have a problem with people who eat meat BUT I WILL NOT STAND FOR sh** LIKE THIS! They don't have to be vegetarians BUT THEY DON'T HAVE TO TELL ME TO BLOW IT OUT MY ASS OR BRAG ABOUT EATING 3 ANIMALS FOR EVERY ANIMAL I DON'T EAT! Stupid pricks!! It must be SOOOOO horrible living in a world where there are people who have diffenent opinions to you!! But the joke will be on you carnivourous pricks when you die of heart attacks or colon cancer!

Have you ever seen the bumper stickers for "save a cow, eat a vegetarian"?

No, but thank you for respecting my opinion (!)

Hey, I didn't write it, I'm just stating something I saw. I'm from Texas, that's what red state rednecks put on the back of their trucks.

Personally I don't have a truck, I think the current president is one of the worst ever, and I don't have a problem with vegetarians, although I thought that bumper sticker was kind of funny the first time I saw it. I think this topic should die now. New rant.

I hate living in my dorm. The people are jackasses. Sharing a bathroom with 40 people is disgusting. The rooms are uncomfortable. Having a roommate is awkward. You don't want to know what goes on in the showers. The shenanigans in the hallways are obnoxious. The constant noise is infuriating. AND... IT ALWAYS SMELLS LIKE SH**!

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 1:01 am

Dear as*holes on my dorm floor:
Wait the f*****g five minutes it takes more me to finish my shower!! ! I am sick and tired of this fücking no privacy bullshît!! !

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 2:01 am

calandale wrote:
ahayes wrote:

It's not your fault. My head's all messed up. I've felt that way for a LONG time. Somebody pushed me head first into a brick wall so hard that my skull was bleeding. I've had problems ever since.

Wonder what my excuse is. I did fall hard when very young though.

I stopped breathing as a baby/infant, temporarily (obviously).

Grisa
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Apr 2007, 11:42 am

Well I'm pissed off to my parents. I'm not even out of the bed, my mother decries me that I'm a lazy sod nothing to good for, I'm unmotivated. And by the day she continues it all day long with stuff like I'm bounder with the customers, I don't even greet 'em; Why I can't sit tidily on the chair... and so on...
My father has the habit when he drinks some alcohol to bug me for being unsuccesful in picking up chicks. (Actually I doesn't even have the courage to do so)
The horror about the whole stuff I have contact with only them (almost). I'd be the happiest if I could move along, have a flat in an other town, living with somebody who actually digs my problems, but I can't. I couldn't get an other job (I'm currently working at my parents' workshop) and I wouldn't have a place to live. So I'm trapped in this both annoying and rankling situation, and I see no f**king escape.

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 5:29 pm

I've given it alot of thought and I've decided I really hate my campus. I'm sitting in the library right now (the only aspect that if, were it not filled with people, could be seen as redeeming). It's so huge and impersonal; it makes me feel like a stupid little field mouse running through a crowd of people that are on their way to a fashion shoot or something. I'm sick of the classes, how slow they move; I'm sick of the stupid, generic college kid voice that always pipes up from the back of the room to point out something completely obvious but taken as substantial. I'm sick of hearing that generic college kid voice in a group of other generic "matter of fact" sociable college kids voices talking about f*****g Rilo Kiley or American Idol or next Saturday's crust punk dumb f**k fest. I can't deal with another year here. Any enthusiasm I can scrape up to try to communicate with someone anything other than when such and such is due or how lame the class is was killed off long, looong ago. Death, pain, destruction. Gah.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 5:40 pm

I hate calling big organizations that have no option to speak to a live person unless you know the secret code. The hold music is obnoxious dribble. When you do actually get to speak to someone, they either don't speak your language or they are too stupid to answer your question.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 6:41 pm

I hate campus security! I got a parking ticket for parking in a 15 minute spot for 5 minutes!

Cheerlessleader
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 9:07 pm

GODDAMN QUIZILLA!!
Quizilla search used to work perfectly, but then they took it down and replaced it with google search, and when they put quizilla search back there, it was all screwed up! It takes forever to work and even when it does it screws up! There's still the option of google search, but you can't specify what your'e searching for (quizzes, poems, stories ect.)! Tags has stuffed up too, you click on page 2,3,4, or page 300 and it just displays everything on page one! And finally, whenever someone cancels their account, it deletes all their creations! Today I was searching for a story I really liked, and when I finally found it, I found out that whoever wrote it canceled their account, and the story was gone! WHY CAN'T IT LEAVE THE CREATIONS UP THERE AFTER THE USER HAS DELETED THEIR ACCOUNT? Youthink still keeps creations after the user has deleted their account!

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 10:48 pm

maldoror wrote:
I've given it alot of thought and I've decided I really hate my campus. I'm sitting in the library right now (the only aspect that if, were it not filled with people, could be seen as redeeming). It's so huge and impersonal; it makes me feel like a stupid little field mouse running through a crowd of people that are on their way to a fashion shoot or something. I'm sick of the classes, how slow they move; I'm sick of the stupid, generic college kid voice that always pipes up from the back of the room to point out something completely obvious but taken as substantial. I'm sick of hearing that generic college kid voice in a group of other generic "matter of fact" sociable college kids voices talking about f***ing Rilo Kiley or American Idol or next Saturday's crust punk dumb f**k fest. I can't deal with another year here. Any enthusiasm I can scrape up to try to communicate with someone anything other than when such and such is due or how lame the class is was killed off long, looong ago. Death, pain, destruction. Gah.

Peers can be exceedingly irritating that way, though I personnally know few quite as irritating as those you portray (condolences for having to put up with them). I wonder if there is not a peril, though, in treating people as carricatures of themselves (granted they may invite this at times by desparately seeking to become so!) rather than as potentially more complicated human beings. This may well be hopelessly optimistic, naively gullible, etcetera, etcetera, so on and so forth. Who are you wishing death, pain and destruction upon? The shallow hoards? I daresay they may deserve death. And many that die deserve life. Can you grant it to them? Then do not be too hasty to deal out death in judgement (with acknowledgements to Mithrandir, alias Gandalf the Grey, courtesy of John Ronald Reuel Tolkien - cue for rant from Flagg!) Alternatively if you wished death to bring you release from this vale of tears, you seem to be a worthwhile person who shall verily be vindicated one day, once purged of vindictiveness. Can you not learn to shut out the banality of the conversation of these objects of your wrath? What subjects are you studying, by the way? In all probability these people you despise will drop out before too long and you will endure. Again perhaps overly optimistic on my part. (*sigh*)

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 9:17 am

ahayes wrote:
TruenoBlues wrote:
ahayes wrote:

To follow my declaration I would have to eat Image animals.

So the person that made that image HAS to be lying.

Oh, calculus! How you made me think suicidal thoughts! Anyway, brilliantly stated ahayes.

Except my i needs to be an n.

Even if the i is an n, the notation is quite sloppy. This is a particular instance of one of my pet hates and I think it seems to be more of an American thing than anything else.

If you have a real series that does not converge and tends towards infinity; it is not correct to state that the series 'equals' infinity...it doesn't; in this context infinity is a DIRECTION not a point on the real line. Equals is the trivial equivalence relation on the set of real numbers and 'infinity' isn't a real number so no series of real numbers is or can be 'equal' to it. (Of course there are some seperate useful instances where we define infinity as a point in a set e.g. projective geometries and in certain topologized sets). It would be better to put something like Sum n=1 to infinity of 3^n TENDS to infinity. In fact some actually go further than this...for instance my analysis lecturer wouldn't let us write sums/integrals from 0 to infinity; he would make us write:
limit as R tends to infinity of the Sum from n=1 to R of 3^n.

The point is that although it is understandable that you mean that the series is divergent and tends to infinity - that particular shorthand not only supresses the whole discussion but it also leads to confusion and leads people to believe that infinity is a number.

EDIT: Just realised that this post probably makes me sound like a pretty anally retentive a***hole but when I say it is a pet hate; I am really referring to when I see this notation in books and in a more mathematical context rather than in posts on a generalist forum.

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 10:05 am

maldoror wrote:
I'm sick of hearing that generic college kid voice in a group of other generic "matter of fact" sociable college kids voices talking about f***ing Rilo Kiley or American Idol or next Saturday's crust punk dumb f**k fest.

+1

I am sick of people at my university who turn up to lectures and talk the whole way through; not only does it disturb my concentration and make it hard for me to hear; I find it offends the dignity of the lecturers who have come to speak about their subject and share it with us. I sit there and hear them talking about how wasted they got last night/who is sleeping with who/how boring they find classes and other such vacuous topics and feel like screaming out 'Look, I quit work to come here and learn and take an active interest in my subject and you people sit here and complain and talk about drinking all the money your parents send you whilst I am probably never going to be able to pay off the debt I am accruing for an education I can't even hear half the time because you don't have the decency to either shut up or just not turn up to lectures. If you really aren't interested in maths then just sit down and have a good think about what you DO want to do instead of bitching about hating things that you ELECTED to do in the first place'. Then they have the cheek to turn up to the last tutorial before the exam and hog all the tutors time asking basic questions because they haven't bothered to pay attention at all. They even change the system to make it easier for slackers by giving very little weighting to coursework marks and making the exams easier to level the playing fields for people who don't do any of the work and just cram for the exam but end up not really learning anything.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2007, 12:18 am

[rant] I AM SICK OF AMERICANS THINKING US AUSTRALIANS HAVE ACCENTS LIKE STEVE IRWIN AND LIVE IN THE OUTBACK. THIS IS NOT TRUE! I DO NOT HAVE AN ACCENT!! !! [/rant]

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2007, 1:23 am

RedMage wrote:
[rant] I AM SICK OF AMERICANS THINKING US AUSTRALIANS HAVE ACCENTS LIKE STEVE IRWIN AND LIVE IN THE OUTBACK. THIS IS NOT TRUE! I DO NOT HAVE AN ACCENT!! !! [/rant]

So you're saying you do live in the outback?

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2007, 1:58 am

No. I live in a town like all cisvilised people do.