Page 346 of 578 [ 9243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349 ... 578  Next

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 7:47 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
1Biggles1 wrote:
Seems to be a day where many on the spectrum around the planet are syncing with such emotions... The random onset of anxiety attacks is a royal pain in the arse!

I just used some anxiety medication I have and it seems to be doing it's job, although from past experience it has the side effect of making my ADHD like 5 times worse. I guess I can say goodbye to any plans that involve focusing on things for the next couple of hours.

Dont beat yourself up. Listen to your body. You only have one so look after it :) .... Rest up and do what you do to take mind off things... What do you normally do in such circumstances? Do you live in city or countryside?

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 8:13 pm

1Biggles1 wrote:
Dont beat yourself up. Listen to your body. You only have one so look after it :) .... Rest up and do what you do to take mind off things... What do you normally do in such circumstances? Do you live in city or countryside?

Well, my normal way of taking my mind off things is computer games. I live in the countryside by the way.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 8:28 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
1Biggles1 wrote:

Well, my normal way of taking my mind off things is computer games. I live in the countryside by the way.

ah yes, i understand you on that one! How about a walk if you have the energy? I know it sometimes doesn't sound great but it can really help if you know a quit area to take a stroll... Games are good to a point but not that great if one becomes reliant on them. I do understand though as i know trying to watch a movie one just ends up looking through it and the anxiety can get worse. However. Try looking up ''impractical jokers'' it is light hearted and rather funny. has actually helped me a few times when on an anxiety buzz. Look for the US version. The UK version is rather cringe worthy! lol

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 8:38 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
I want someone to think that I'm the most awesome person in the whole world, more than anything else. And not in a sexual or romantic way. 8O I feel like that's kind of a selfish thing to think. :oops:

That's actually pretty normal, humans are social creatures after all even if some of us are better at it then others.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 3:07 am

Just posted a whole rant and then deleted it. I don't want to be that a***hole.
I'm just really frustrated with this training course I am doing yet again not being about the work, or about education, or learning, or skills. The other students screw around instead of work, constantly talking about unconnected, stupid, immature side-topics which do nothing but waste time and make me angry. There is "group work" where I am forced to deal with them and their brainless bs instead of completing the work quicker, easier, and to a higher standard by myself.
It's all about socializing, talking, "working together," being "liked" and popular. It's not about the work and that drives me nuts. I am not there to make friends. I am not interested in them or their lives or their opinions outside the course content. I do not want to "share" or be asked, let alone answer, personal questions. I am there to work. That's it.
But it seems it's not about that yet again. I've had jobs like this. It was never about completing the tasks, it was all "fitting in" and socializing with the people, not about the job.
I'm still looking for a field of work that is actually about the bloody work.
Grrr.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 3:11 am

^Having found that personally it doesn't really frustrate me, I just know I have to be more patient than most with income vs. all my studying.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 6:21 am

imagine if there was a supreme being who knows your intentions and thoughts even when you are silent, so u get rewarded if they were good!

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 6:28 am

awkward facepalm wrote:
imagine if there was a supreme being who knows your intentions and thoughts even when you are silent, so u get rewarded if they were good!

of course for sure i need help! i don't care who helps as long as they can/will help i will be grateful

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 6:31 am

I've been anxious, too. It gives me a terrible headache.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 2:50 pm

The more I think about doing art in college, the more I just get scared and kind of down about it. :(

I'm afraid of being way, way eclipsed by everyone I know, and everyone having way more experience than me. I worry about them expecting me to know things that I don't already know, and I literally, don't know anything.

I don't even know if I actually like art. I'm just going with that because that's the only thing I know distantly anything about. :oops:

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 2:57 pm

I feel like I'm being pressured into doing something you don't want to do. Everyone's like, "Oh! You drew comics when you were 12! You must like art!"

But... I haven't really done any art at all in the past three years. :|

What I really want to do is write. But... I can't. :cry:

(Disability-related. I'm not even sure if there's a name for it. :oops: )

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 3:01 pm

f**k, sometimes it feels like my whole body and brain are working against me. :skull:

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 4:15 pm

I'm terrified. I'm so scared that I'll never be able to get and keep a job in my life. I'm literally in tears now and I feel like things are just going to get worse and that there is no way that things will ever get better. My sister heard me crying earlier and came in and offered me a a bag of skittles. It was a very kind gesture, but eating candy is part of my problem. I'm a binge eater and I desperately need to lose weight. Part of why I can't get or keep jobs is because of how unhealthy I am (at least according to my mother). I need school to start ASAP. I need to have something to distract me more than pastry arts school is. August is going to be a tough month. Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel though...time will tell.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 5:31 pm

Today everyone freaked out because I forgot to publish our counter-crpytocratic impeachment campaign manifesto's budget figure for my part: I think it's roughly at or above $400. I hope by this point others don't really need to bother filing taxes anonymously, because I don't anyway. Yeah pardon us, this one is weird of me. :heart:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

AllTheMagic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jul 2017, 9:40 pm

If I don't tell people I'm autistic, they get upset. If I tell people I'm autistic, they get upset. I feel like there is no place for me in this world. My cat is the only thing keeping me going right now. I hate it when people assume that I am stupid if they find me attractive. That is my pet peeve, "pretty girls are dumb." I don't wear makeup. I don't do anything with my hair. I wear modest clothing from the thrift store. But still, I am assumed to be shallow and spoiled because I am good looking. In my free time I teach myself coding and Mandarin and play with my cat and play video games. I don't know why people make up stories instead of just hearing what I have to say. I feel constantly and continuously misunderstood no matter how hard I try. If I don't try, I am misunderstood. If I do try, I am trying too hard and must be lying. I am going through a break up. I hate myself and I hate everyone. I want to go back to school but that feels hopeless right now. I know it's the breakup making everything hurt. I'm almost done with trauma therapy, but the world still seems cold and meaningless. I used to believe that meaning was to be found in cultivating lasting and meaningful relationships with those around us, but I am surrounded by people who can't even see me. It's like instead of seeing me, they see themselves. That's not a relationship. I don't know if I have ever been loved by another human being. I don't know if I will ever be loved by another human being. My life is empty. I have no purpose. My heart is hurting, last night it was even hurting physically. It literally feels like my heart is breaking. Why do they hate us so much? They could just be nice but their whole world revolves around social games. It's so bad that even other autistics get caught up in trying to be like them and that hurts me on a level that is difficult to explain. I think there is value in being proud of ourselves. I am proud of myself, but I hate being excluded and treated like a weed. I hate feeling hopeless about my future. I hate feeling like half a chance at success is terrible odds no matter how hard I try. I keep trying to fill my patience tank but it's like there's a leak. I'm sad, I feel hurt, I feel frustrated. I bury myself in my studies. What else can I do?

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 10:09 pm

Your life has purpose and meaning, and this isn't something you can effectively share with people who have chosen to condemn themselves to life without it. Embrace all those things that are currently making you happy; poke your head out the window from time to time to see if the coast is clear and try again with new people. Failing that...there is this place :)

Look after yourself.