Page 7 of 579 [ 9253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 579  Next

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 4:37 pm

I hate it when people try to help other people...and the people being helped yell at them. :roll:

I also hate it when two people are feeling equally depressed/awful/whatever, but one is completely ignored in favor of constantly supporting the other who complains about it more.

And I hate it when someone assumes that what they say/post is more important than everything else said/posted.

Three years!

lostartist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Apr 2007, 9:26 am

LadyCass wrote:
I also hate it when two people are feeling equally depressed/awful/whatever, but one is completely ignored in favor of constantly supporting the other who complains about it more.

Yes, or one person's physical pain is always worse than someone else's. For example, chronic back pain vs. a temporary painful back injury. The chronic pain seems to always trump the other, as if nobody else is allowed to complain.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 9:31 am

lostartist wrote:
LadyCass wrote:

Yes, or one person's physical pain is always worse than someone else's. For example, chronic back pain vs. a temporary painful back injury. The chronic pain seems to always trump the other, as if nobody else is allowed to complain.

Yeah, I hate that, dealing with people that, whenever you mention you aren't feeling well for whatever reason, be it illness, physical pain, whatever, they always seem to need to trump you with something worse, as if to say "That's great, my suffering's worse, so stop complaining and focus on me."

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 11:08 am

LadyCass wrote:
I hate it when people try to help other people...and the people being helped yell at them. :roll:

And I hate it when someone assumes that what they say/post is more important than everything else said/posted.

I know-on another forum I always try to help people-and I hate it when they get mad at me, for only trying to help (they say they're sorry right after-but still) :roll:

AngelsFall
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2007, 1:07 pm

god is a f*****g c**t faced twatbag who has brainwashed my family into being selfish b*****s.
he does not deserve a capital letter on his name or the "he" refering to him so don't think that I'm just illiterate.
Giving us all aspergers oh haha god what a f*****g joker you are, f**k yourself and all your f*****g minions you cruel piece of s**t.
I wanna die.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 1:42 pm

:( that's not a good thing-to wanna die (hating god is your business) your probably a wonderful person with a lot to give :D

Cheerlessleader
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 7:25 am

I hate it how autism is portrayed so negatively in the media! Whenever you see a news report about it, it's always about low-funtioning autistics and how violent they are, and then they show their stupid parents crying and going on about how it's like a monster snuck into their houses and snatched their child away! I can understand them being upset, but isn't that a little extreme? And why can't they do a news report on high-funtioning autism, to show everyone that NOT all autistics are "violent ret*ds"? So that people like us may get a single iota of respect?
And I wish that society in general would stop expecting everyone to act 100% NT, expecting those of us who don't to take drugs to do so (in some cases, like ADHD ect.) and tormenting those who have a physical or mental disability through no fault of their own! Single young women with 10 kids, all to different fathers seem to get more respect than us, even though they did that to themselves, and it is impossible to inflict autism or learning disabilities on yourself! Where's the fairness in that?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 10:36 am

I hate that one part of the "Autism Speaks" video, where that one mother is changing her 5 year old son, making a big stink about it. I had a bit of that problem at his age, having accidents, once or twice a month. Though that problem reappeared in full force, I'm independent, and living on my own, and I handle my own "messes" quite well. I'd like to take a pair of soiled Adult Pull-ups and rub them in that mother's face, to show her how bad her attitude stinks. If I can get as far in life as I am, now than that precious little boy will get as far as me, and he will be able to handle his problem, as well as I handle mine. She isn't a mum, she's a wicked MOTHER!

Buuuuurrrrrrrpppppp!! !! !! !!

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 9:09 pm

I am so sick of being used by people when and as it suits them and ignored when and as it suits them, like something that can be turned on and off...like some little inconvenience that has to be kept at a distance... I am so so so angry. I f'ing not trusting anyone again. DISHONOURABLE!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! I always manage to delude myself that humans are more than they are. There is no such thing as honour or decency among males.

Last edited by Graelwyn on 27 Apr 2007, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 9:13 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
I am so sick of being used by people when and as it suits them and ignored when and as it suits them, like something that can be turned on and off...like some little inconvenience that has to be kept at a distance... I am so so so angry. I f'ing not trusting anyone again. DISHONOURABLE!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! I wish I was f'ing dead.

:( it is...I get that a lot...
but you can't let it get to you...
it's not gonna do anything good getting mad at them-trust me!

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 10:13 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
There is no such thing as honour or decency among males.

I believe that there is.

In fact, here is my rant: Why do people always have to make crass over-generalisations just because they have had a bad experience with one person?

All I end up hearing is 'All men are this', 'All NTs are this', 'All ethnic minorites are this'... etc.

I just wish that more people became less hypocritical in their bigotry and learned to avoid it in all forms

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 10:34 pm

and I wish you would shut the F up and let people rant without having to censor their words to suit you. It is a rant forum...look up the definition of the word. And just leave me the hell alone, you are really p**sing me off now. If I want to over generalise in the heat of the moment, I damn well will.

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 10:38 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
JakeG wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
GODAMN F'ING BUILDERS! I hate my landlord so much...I hate builders so much, what is it with f'ing men and their need to play with their toys and make noise?? This has been going on for months, and that stupid, ignorant, moronic landlord told me 2 months ago that it would be done with in 2 weeks!! !! But here I am, awake after only 3 hours sleep, because all I can hear, even through earplugs is this horrendous BANG, BANG, BANG!It kills me, as if it isn't bad enough I was in agony from a trapped nerve or something in my back... I could barely even move my head.

It left me shouting about how I would get a rifle and shoot their brains out, or smash their tools into their skulls. I hate them so much for causing me so much distress... :evil:

Maybe you could hate the noise but not the men? I mean, I imagine they are just doing the job they are paid to do to earn a living.

I am WELL AWARE of that. I am not stupid. This is called a rant thread for a reason and I shall hate what I wish when I am angry.

Well that was my rant of having to much experience of low paid work where people would just b***h at me for trying to do my job. I mean I worked in a supermarket one time and you would get these rich people coming in who had never done a days work in their lives themselves complaining about the store and making me feel bad about earning my living.

Last edited by JakeG on 27 Apr 2007, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 10:40 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
and I wish you would shut the F up and let people rant without having to censor their words to suit you. It is a rant forum...look up the definition of the word. And just leave me the hell alone, you are really p**sing me off now. If I want to over generalise in the heat of the moment, I damn well will.

Ok... I thought I was entitled to rant about what bugged me too. Do I need to wait until my post count is higher before I do that or something?

Anyway, my point was a genuine one: why is it acceptable to display bigotry against some groups in the heat of rage but not others? What would be the reaction on here for example if I said 'goddamn, I hate all people with AS'?? ...probably not good yet it is acceptable to say all men lack honour and decency and that all NTs are scum. It just seemed like an interesting hypocrisy to me.

Second rant of the minute: I wish people on this forum would stop swearing at me.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

27 Apr 2007, 11:26 pm

JakeG wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:

I believe that there is.

In fact, here is my rant: Why do people always have to make crass over-generalisations just because they have had a bad experience with one person?

All I end up hearing is 'All men are this', 'All NTs are this', 'All ethnic minorites are this'... etc.

I just wish that more people became less hypocritical in their bigotry and learned to avoid it in all forms

I think the word "all" was not used/ment by Graelwyn. She is just expressing all the men she has been interested in have turned out to be scum. She is intelligent and not bigoted and knows 100% of men are not scum. If she had real life girl friends this would be something she would expressed to them rather than here on WP. So I would not get worked up about it. In the Haven section you say postive things to people and assume the best about their intention and meanings.

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 11:48 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
JakeG wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:

I believe that there is.

I think the word "all" was not used/ment by Graelwyn. She is just expressing all the men she has been interested in have turned out to be scum. She is intelligent and not bigoted and knows 100% of men are not scum. If she had real life girl friends this would be something she would expressed to them rather than here on WP. So I would not get worked up about it. In the Haven section you say postive things to people and assume the best about their intention and meanings.

So does that mean if a black man were to behave badly towards me I would be justified in posting comments like 'I hate n****rs' or if an Aspie offended me, it would be ok for me to rant about all Aspies being scumbags?

It wasn't just that particular comment; I just picked up on it because I spotted it as I came to the thread to have a rant about some of the more extreme examples that I read on this forum a lot (especially the NT one) and also hear in real life all the time. Sometimes people get a little self-obsessed and think that everything revolves around themselves and every comment is directed toward them.

It just seems that there is a double standard on these kind of things and that was what I wanted to rant about. Even just on this forum, posts that display any kind of negativity towards AS and Aspies are received harshly whereas directing anger at say, NTs is pretty much encouraged.