Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Jan 2017, 4:59 pm

It was my first day back today, went pretty well. I shaved today so this is first time I've been clean shaven to start school since I could grow it but my facial hair sucks and people generally seem to say they like the clean cut look. Macroeconomics teacher is also a Baptist minister so I think it's going to be a pretty entertaining lecture I can tell, seems like a cool teacher and someone on our side as far the ridiculousness of the books.

CIS105 is my other class right now, it's kind of just filling a spot since if I were able to I think I could get an A right now if I was allowed to just turn in all the work complete, they seem to want to keep us busy, ugh...

Now I am a weird in my own head and overthink all my interactions with other people, I had seat in the way back of this computer lab with the last row being three people with me at the wall some dude and a pretty girl at the end. There is only 2 more so I give her mine and volunteered to go up get my own in the front of the classroom, I would of felt more awkward watching someone else awkwardly go up there while I have mine. She was said thank you and would talk to me a few more times during the class over the person in the middle of us with questions about the assignment and again at the end of class about what was due Thursday, pretty innocuous stuff and probably doesn't mean anything but she did talk to me versus the guy sitting next to me who was closer to her. We'll see how things go, I think he's going to want people to partner up which I always dread unless i have a set dependable. Nothing is worse than looking out everyone else partnering up except for you, bleh. Kind of want this middle guiy to drop the class lol! :P :oops: I am a pretty simple person, if people are nice to me and give me a smile then then I feel a lot better about the day. Was thinking about first impressions, I hope I did better than I usually have.

I am glad to finally be able to get back in a set routine, the last month or two there has been a lot of stress and drama in my family and it's hard to pull myself away from the problems of other people to deal with my own. My brother is not doing so well, he has been recently diagnosed schizophrenic and has been in and out of the hospital lately as he's become a lot worse. I was in the habit of working out 3-4 times a week during last semester but I got lazy and depressed over winter break and couldn't find the motivation. I got a little short one in today before, just gonna take it slow. Seeing and interacting with people is probably the best solution when you get depressed or stuck in some sort of negative feedback loop. My anxiety before is always 10x worse than what I experience during, I always thought that I preformed better in the clutch when I needed to like tests.

Bald-Accountant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2017, 5:41 pm

I am glad your return to school seems to have gone well.
You seem to have a good attitude.