All bad people have Asperger's according to my mother

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 8:26 am

Including me.

Now apparently my sister, who BTW, has NEVER had any social skills problems, has NEVER had any hypersensory issues, and has NEVER had NOR WILL EVER HAVE Asperger's or anything on the autistic spectrum.

My sister is Hitler reborn, not a f*cking aspie. None of her family are either.

Why does ANYTHING DIFFERENT according to my mother HAVE F*CKING ASPERGER'S???

My aunt was a b***h, she had Asperger's; My sister is a b***h, she has Asperger's; My sister's ex's father cheated on his mother, he has Asperger's.

I kid you not people, my mum is obsessed with AS. 8O

AND NOW MY F*CKING SISTER HAS ASPERGERS. Why? Because she threatens people and makes you feel like she wants to kill you.

As I said, BAD PEOPLE HAVE ASPERGER'S. Remember that, and you will be able to diagnose ANYONE. Because F*CK THE REST OF THE SYMPTOMS. What the flying F*CK do they matter???

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 10:14 am

You know it's nonsense.....so why even give it consideration?

Your mother must have been going through some sort of hissy fit when she said this.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 12:52 pm

I understand that kind of prejudicial thinking is extremely hurtful to people who actually do have Aspergers.

At the same time, the overwhelming absurdity of that line of thinking makes me believe that there might be some form of personality disorder or cognitive delay at work behind it.

In any case, we know the reality. And we can take comfort in that.

Your mom and my mom would get along just fine. Let's toss them in a playpen together so that they can have their tea party, and we can go on with our daily lives. :)

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 5:34 pm

Ah, parents. That's a pretty toxic situation, still. My parents, being the right-wing nuts they were brought up to be, basically use that same 'tar everyone with the same brush' agenda against the people they don't like, except instead of all of them having aspergers, they're clearly all immigrants. :evil: Welcome to Britain, I guess.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 5:53 pm

Like being racially prejudiced. Except its even worse in one respect. Your own natural child (at least in part) has to be a member of the same race/ethnicity as yourself. So you cant really be racially prejudiced against your own child. But your mom has found a way to be something like racially prejudiced against you!

Charming.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 6:12 pm

They have some really dumb views.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 6:19 pm

Perhaps I am looking too deep into this and may be too presumptuous, inform me if so.

But this kind of sounds like a way for your mother to avoid responsibility, if say she just believes that all your children had this condition that made them how they were. Thereby excusing things like parenting.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 12:52 am

Sweet Pea hugs

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 11:54 am

Shahunshah wrote:
Perhaps I am looking too deep into this and may be too presumptuous, inform me if so.

But this kind of sounds like a way for your mother to avoid responsibility, if say she just believes that all your children had this condition that made them how they were. Thereby excusing things like parenting.

I think you have a very good point there. My sister was never told off for being nasty as we were growing up, including to my mum and nan. I think what my sister has goes beyond being spoiled, though. Having said that, I remember my sister getting really upset that she didn't get a car for her 16th/18th birthday as she "should have done", and felt very wronged and hard done by.

She didn't get a car. :cry: Isn't it so sad?!

But back to the point, yes, I think my mum can't bear to think any of these people could be that bad...unless they have something that excuses them like Asperger's. That's the hurtful bit, to me.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 11:58 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
You know it's nonsense.....so why even give it consideration?

Your mother must have been going through some sort of hissy fit when she said this.

No...she's completely serious. She's always been obsessed with Asperger's. She managed to talk my cousin into thinking my aunt had AS, just because the family didn't like her because she was a b***h. Having Asperger's would mean she couldn't help it and was therefore not a bad person, so could be forgiven.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 12:00 pm

KagamineLen wrote:
I understand that kind of prejudicial thinking is extremely hurtful to people who actually do have Aspergers.

At the same time, the overwhelming absurdity of that line of thinking makes me believe that there might be some form of personality disorder or cognitive delay at work behind it.

Your mom and my mom would get along just fine. Let's toss them in a playpen together so that they can have their tea party, and we can go on with our daily lives. :)

OK, you wanna get the net or shall I? :lol:

Regarding personality disorder or cognitive delay, do you mean my mother or my sister? Can you explain further?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 12:04 pm

crystaltermination wrote:
Ah, parents. That's a pretty toxic situation, still. My parents, being the right-wing nuts they were brought up to be, basically use that same 'tar everyone with the same brush' agenda against the people they don't like, except instead of all of them having aspergers, they're clearly all immigrants. :evil: Welcome to Britain, I guess.

naturalplastic wrote:
Like being racially prejudiced. Except its even worse in one respect. Your own natural child (at least in part) has to be a member of the same race/ethnicity as yourself. So you cant really be racially prejudiced against your own child. But your mom has found a way to be something like racially prejudiced against you!

Charming.

You're both completely right, it is a prejudice. I just don't understand the huge wall that people put up in order to make them so prejudiced.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 12:14 pm

smudge wrote:
KagamineLen wrote:

OK, you wanna get the net or shall I? :lol:

Regarding personality disorder or cognitive delay, do you mean my mother or my sister? Can you explain further?

I meant that I find it seriously absurd and seriously pathetic that some people seriously believe that they can demonize entire demographics. I don't know how to say I was referring to your mother without having it sound like a grade school insult. Heh.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 12:07 pm

The previous poster was emphasizing the fact that what your mother said about people with autism/Asperger's is totally absurd.

He was so angry about what your mother said that he felt like "grade school insults" would be suitable--especially since your mother's beliefs about autism/Asperger's is so "grade school" like.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 12:14 pm

I wasn't remotely offended, and I do agree with him. It is barmy and nonsensical that anyone could ever come to such a conclusion about people they would rather see in a "better light".

I've tried suggesting BPD to my mother, because I think it fits way better than anything on the autistic spectrum. As for cheating on people to be a reason, or being a b***h or mentally ill...well.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 12:20 pm

My god that's hilarious. My mom does it too to an extent like anyone who is socially stupid has Asperger's and said she thinks my Dad has it. Uh what? Whatever happened to you need enough to have it? Also she will say anyone has Munchhausen's when they obsessed about the possibility of having a disorder or cancer and fear having it, no mom that is called health anxiety aka hypochondria. Also anyone who likes things neat or organized has OCD.

Also my mom has this view on what Asperger's is. She says people with it go "too bad" when your feelings are hurt and they don't care about people. She seems to be describing more of an as*hole than someone who has it. as*holes don't care who they hurt or offend and make your feelings be your problem. Also she acts like people with AS are incapable of caring and if they do care about others, it's only about them and their fear of rejection. But yet she doesn't do that with me only because I am her daughter but yet if someone has AS, she would probably think they don't care and they have some agenda when they do care. That has always bothered me since high school when she has done it. But to her that is real AS and if you care about others truly, you are not a true aspie.

Clearly it shows how your mother feels about people who have AS if she goes around armchair labeling others with it because they have a unpleasant personality or behavior. It also shows her lack of knowledge about it too.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.