Thinking of quitting my job and just never leaving my house.

Page 1 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 12:10 am

I hardly leave except for work. But being out and about seeing women just depressed me a lot. Job was suppose to help me meet a girl but it's not considered a real job by women so doesn't help. At least at home I can distract myself with games and sleep for 12 hours. :cry:

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 2:40 am

I don't think that this will help much. You can't distract yourself forever. Maybe you could look for a better job? Maybe something where you wouldn't have to deal with customers directly?

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 3:51 am

If you never leave the house you'll just end up getting bad depression. I think you are being irrational and you should at least try to be more positive. I know life can be really s**t but the only one who can change things is you. If you have a will then there's a way you just gotta stop moping around and do it because nothing comes without effort and learning.

Obsessing over women isn't going to do you much good and a woman coming into your life isn't going to just magic away all your problems - if anything it'll probably just create more problems for you while you're being like this. I think you should keep working on improving yourself. The best time to look for work is while you're already employed so work on finding another job you can do.

Do some exercise, eat better, throw yourself into crap loads of social situations to improve your social skills.

That's not meaning to seem harsh btw, it's just advice. Good luck.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 5:12 am

This is the best and only work I can do. I can only work part time and that along with no experience means I'm limited to retail and making min wage. Not everyone destined to move up to better jobs. Lots of old people at my store and other stores shows that. Lots of people sadly work min wage their whole life.

Just wish there was a girl who'd be ok loving a guy who works retail part time :cry:

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 7:33 am

You got the job to get the girl.

But step 2 isn't asking everyone out, it is learning to do the job well so girls will want to
be with you.

If you got really good at your job you would have more confidence and that would make you
more attractive.

Lucky for you retail has a high turnover. There will be more girls to ask out.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 8:20 am

I don't think isolating yourself in your home, and playing video games, will solve your problems at all.

This would probably exacerbate them, in fact.

Please don't even think about doing the above.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Mar 2017, 9:02 am

A lowly job is better than no job at least altho I can relate to wanting to just withdraw from all stressors and become a hermit or something sometimes, never gets easier. I know for me, being alone playing video games wouldn't make me happy tho and eventually I'd be worse off than I was before. What will? Still trying to figure that out.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 5:05 pm

BTDT wrote:
You got the job to get the girl.

But step 2 isn't asking everyone out, it is learning to do the job well so girls will want to
be with you.

If you got really good at your job you would have more confidence and that would make you
more attractive.

Lucky for you retail has a high turnover. There will be more girls to ask out.

I'm as good as anyone can be at my job. I'm like the 2nd longest employee in the department. Most people transfer out or quit after few weeks or months of working in it.

But the problem is women don't consider retail a job it's for kids they say. So they don't even allow me to talk to them. Even ones working retail or some other minnwage job.

Most the girls that have worked here are married or in relationships or see themselves as too good for me. Usually just there while in college or to earn extra money and discounts while their bf/husband works a real job.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 5:11 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't think isolating yourself in your home, and playing video games, will solve your problems at all.

This would probably exacerbate them, in fact.

Please don't even think about doing the above.

Well I've been mostly happy at home only to go to work and get depressed on the bus ride there and then more so at work. I can't handle seeing all the pretty women and couples that are so much better then me. Just a constant reminder that I'm worthless trash. They get upset if I even just glance there way. I'd prefer if just guys shopped my department , since I'm not suppose to talk to women.

At least at home playing games I'm neutral or happy when playing with my only two friends. Make matters worse I hardly get to play with them cause I often work on their days off.

I don't mind organizing atuff or helping/chatting with some of the guy customers that come through(though I'm not really suppose to, but lot of time it's just hours of nothing to do in my department)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 5:21 pm

Jacoby wrote:
A lowly job is better than no job at least altho I can relate to wanting to just withdraw from all stressors and become a hermit or something sometimes, never gets easier. I know for me, being alone playing video games wouldn't make me happy tho and eventually I'd be worse off than I was before. What will? Still trying to figure that out.

Is it though? Mean if min wage is seen as same as no job, is it really better? It often adds lot of stress I've had more acne since the last 6 months. Before the job I'd almost gotten rid of it. Seems like one only matters as a man if one has a middle class income job.

For me besides find By a gf who loves me for me and is fine with never being middle class i dont think anything will make it better. Actually to the point where if the death was quick I don't think I'd care if I died.

The whole if someone robs your dont resist, it's not worth your life. Has got me thinking. My life is worthless and pointless. So I think I might Just reisist. Or getting hit by a car wouldn't be so bad. Spent my life avoiding risks cause I thought I'd have a life. But I don't and if it's meaningless why bother trying to stay alive. Not to the point of trying to take my lif yet but just not caring if I died least then I'd be free. And nonlong be a burden to everyone

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 5:31 pm

sly279 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Is it though? Mean if min wage is seen as same as no job, is it really better? It often adds lot of stress I've had more acne since the last 6 months. Before the job I'd almost gotten rid of it. Seems like one only matters as a man if one has a middle class income job.

For me besides find By a gf who loves me for me and is fine with never being middle class i dont think anything will make it better. Actually to the point where if the death was quick I don't think I'd care if I died.

The whole if someone robs your dont resist, it's not worth your life. Has got me thinking. My life is worthless and pointless. So I think I might Just reisist. Or getting hit by a car wouldn't be so bad. Spent my life avoiding risks cause I thought I'd have a life. But I don't and if it's meaningless why bother trying to stay alive. Not to the point of trying to take my lif yet but just not caring if I died least then I'd be free. And nonlong be a burden to everyone

I think you limit yourself too much by thinking you can never make more than minimum wage or work anywhere besides retail, I also do not agree that a minimum wage job is seen as the same as no job. I think their is value in working beyond what you get compensated, what you are doing is admirable when you could just as easily be a NEET so take pride in the fact that at least you are trying to do something with your life & to better yourself.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 5:46 pm

Jacoby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I think you limit yourself too much by thinking you can never make more than minimum wage or work anywhere besides retail, I also do not agree that a minimum wage job is seen as the same as no job. I think their is value in working beyond what you get compensated, what you are doing is admirable when you could just as easily be a NEET so take pride in the fact that at least you are trying to do something with your life & to better yourself.

What's a neet?

Not really what company do you know that'll hire someone who can only work part time and sucks at social stuff. Most middle class jobs demand people work at least 40 hours. Most of the people I know work 12-18 hot shifts. I can't handle more then a 6 hot shift. And only few of those a week. As is im gone most of the day for those shifts and get very little sleep. I drink energy drink every day now.

I tried really hard to find no min wage work. I got certified for security even. But I don't have any experience and they want people working 40+ hours. I even went to 4 years of college to get a 2 year automotive degree. Mind you most the other guys who graduated went back for other degrees. ($15 flat rate tons of hours non paid work and thousands of tool costs made it not worth it for them)

Sucks . This job was suppose to be an improvement. I just miss my old job if working two weeks every 3 months. I left it cause it wasn't a real job either and this was suppose to help.

Realistically I'd have to get a part time job that pays $44 an hour in order to be good enough I guess. No way that's every happening.:(

I'm often told I'm stealing a starting job from teens.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 5:55 pm

sly279 wrote:

But the problem is women don't consider retail a job it's for kids they say. So they don't even allow me to talk to them. Even ones working retail or some other minnwage job.

How do they not even allow you to talk to them? Or is it more you don't even bother because some have said that to you in the past?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 5:56 pm

NEET = not employed, in education, or in training

Have you tried Voc Rehab in ? If you haven't maybe it would be worth a try, you have some qualifications so maybe they could find something for you? Just an idea, I know VR is very hit and miss in a lot of places unfortunately.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 6:06 pm

you think girls don't give you attention because you work in some kind of job, but do you would want to be with someone who only cares about your job position? also, you shouldn't define yourself only by it, you have more to offer.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 6:33 pm

Do girls really only care about a guy's status? I'm inexperienced when it comes to this, so I do not know. This is not a good idea. Get involved in life before it's too late.