My underwear was stolen!

Page 1 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 1:54 am

...Well, thank you :( . I need to go to the bathroom and bed (In that order.) :lol: now, so g'bye now.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 1:12 pm

...I slept later this A.M., only out of bed and going to the little boy's about 8:45 - Way too late to go to church at 10:15, as I'd planned. :(
Crippled as I am, I felt I had to allow myself :cry: - two hours?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 9:00 pm

Try to call up or visit the advocate I mentioned this week if you can. Things are really hard for you but you never know whats around the corner.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 11:35 pm

...I lost two previous attempts at this :cry: . This phone - Though it's all I have. - sometimes goes on a fritz just if you look at it :( . I am sitting ow in a KFC, mami g my way through ( By .y standards.) two meals worth of food...

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 2:30 am

......I had had just one (By my standards.) full meal up til' the KFC (I keep losing drafts of my posts here :cry: .)). I do, I admit, tend to go to food for consolation. I can't rest my feet at length, I can't read and listen to music, alone, in privavy - I can eat. Lots of salt & grease! And carbonation.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 2:39 am

...Earlier that day (It's now Monday.), I had decided to try another church service, an outdoor one near the Bay Bridge. But like when I went there before, once I got to that end, there was no bus/trolley for the last 1/2??, 3/4?? mile, so I walkwalkwalkwalkwalked my feet :( , and this time, got there I felt too late for me to go. :( Sometimes, I think of a noose. It's maybe not being cripppled, it's not being able to more work around-with it :cry: . Or maybe I'm trying to say what I know I'm supposed to.

Michael829
Toucan
Toucan

04 Sep 2017, 12:14 pm

When I lived in Santa Cruz, the waiting lists for an apartment had a hundred or so applicants. A landlord's market, with a vengeance. And expensive rents.

Crowded, because so many people want to live there. A beach-resort, but not really good for swimming. In a whole summer, there often will just be very few days when the air and the water are warm enough for swimming without catching cold.

Maybe global-warming has improved that situation by now. I don't know.

Michael829

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 7:30 pm

...When did you live there? It doesn't really matter about landlords, my financial and possessions state and general status are so that, the only way I will get an apartment/place is through some Social Services agency or whatnot (Barring the extreme non-likelihood of some windfall coming along or whatnot,) I simply do not have $ and background/connection to get something through the " normal " route. (I believe this would follwnevenbif I " moved somewhere where thin
r

Michael829"]When I lived in Santa Cruz, the waiting lists for an apartment had a hundred or so applicants. A landlord's market, wittnot,zh a vengeance. And expensive rents.

Crowded, because so many people want to live there. A beach-resort, but not really good for swimming. In a whole summer, there often will just be very few days when the air and the water are warm enough for swimming without catching cold.

Maybe global-warming has improved that situation by now. I don't know.

Michael829[/quote]

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 7:51 pm

......I believe this would follow even if I " moved somewhere where things are cheaper ", as some would suggest. Even if I did - Paid for how? To where? And what would I do once I was there? And if it wasn't all that great, then what? - Those suggestions are more, mostly, " You can pick up a post-war tract house outrageously cheap! " And " Low regulations, favorable tax rate - A great place to start a business! "-type ideas, not things relating to the level which I am at :( . Fruits 5c cheaper per pound at the supermarket or lower gas price mean little when you.don't have a home in which you could have a refrigerator, or a driver's licence.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 10:19 pm

ASS-P wrote:
......I believe this would follow even if I " moved somewhere where things are cheaper ", as some would suggest. Even if I did - Paid for how? To where? And what would I do once I was there? And if it wasn't all that great, then what? - Those suggestions are more, mostly, " You can pick up a post-war tract house outrageously cheap! " And " Low regulations, favorable tax rate - A great place to start a business! "-type ideas, not things relating to the level which I am at :( . Fruits 5c cheaper per pound at the supermarket or lower gas price mean little when you.don't have a home in which you could have a refrigerator, or a driver's licence.

Yeah, my best friend knew all about help that wasn't really help in her situation, too.
I have no advice to give you
as to whether you should stay in SF or move to SC,
but either way, I wish you the best.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 3:16 am

...At dinner tonite I got more s**t from the messhall staff about " We don't want you to be the last to leave ". And then, when I was far from the last to leave, they gave me s**t anyway! :x There even seemed to be something said about writing me up :( .
Last night, the new 2nd hand belt I'd bought broke on me when I was sitting down to eat - before I ate. It was the first time I'd worn it. Mass-market stuff is so frequently a piece of junk these days :cry: ! I had enough money, I did manage to get another belt at a Goodwill the next Labor Day morning (It'sTuesday now.).
With the library closed, I did not leave the HL shelter's block-ish vicinity all day, resting my feet - And rather " nusianceishy ", I guess, eating junk food and reading while lie-sitting on the sidewalk treating it as my " concrete beach ", then eating more at a pizzera...including a real sugar-y Mexican Coke ÷ then, later on, after dinner and after my phone was charged up 100% (rare for me)...

Last edited by ASS-P on 05 Sep 2017, 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 3:55 am

...It's1:45 AM, I am being " another homeless dude hangi g out in front of his shelter ' as I've tried?? to avoid being, Pandora on my phone has a station for The Dickies but a Ramones song just finished followed by a Dicckies song. Earlier, I had started a station for this Big.Band era singer, Bea Wain, who just died recently. Now it's Devo.
I feel pretty good actually, but I decidedly over-consumed junk food & sugar to-day, and didn't go beyond two block's adius from the shelter in any direction.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 4:37 am

...Okay, post-the 100% cjarge, I decided to go outside and balance out the massive amount of sugar I was sure I'd consumed (I think maybe enough to get me ER'd at a hospital, if not admitted, if I were measured by medicos, which I am not trying to do tonight, and haven't done...though in the past I have " partied with sugar " when I wanted to go to go to the hpspital.) by getting some diet aoda...which I did but I also got an ice cream and a box of Chicken In A Biskit crackers, which I have now finished...

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 5:27 am

...I lost ANOTHER! draft :cry: ...I'm not going to wrap this up, then, it's 3:16 A.M., - 17, now - it's cold and I'm now near-completely alone in front of the shelter, I switched the Pandora to a station for Dave Van Ronk (This " Greenwich Village folk era " dude who, though I never saw him, I have a weird passage-of-time story about.:() which is now playing some B. Dylan " Bootleg Series " version of " Hard Rain "...........Supposedly he wrote that song during the Cuban Missle Crisis when everybody, supposedly, was angsting that the Bomb
might drop in the next week...I was a lil' kiddie and don't remember it:-)!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 9:28 am

It went up to 106 in SF, an all-time record, a couple of days ago.

How did you handle that?

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 1:39 pm

ASS-P wrote:
......I had had just one (By my standards.) full meal up til' the KFC (I keep losing drafts of my posts here :cry: .)). I do, I admit, tend to go to food for consolation. I can't rest my feet at length, I can't read and listen to music, alone, in privavy - I can eat. Lots of salt & grease! And carbonation.

And you wonder why you have a laundry list of health complaints and no money. Fast food costs about ten times what the food is actually worth. KFC is expensive even by those standards. And you are buying it with disability checks, meaning the money comes from me and all the other tax payers here. You have access to free food, and a can of beans costs 89 cents.

Your diabetes is no joke. Do you want to have no feet and maybe no legs? Because that's the path you are on.

Edited to ask how you eat all that crap with only two teeth.