Page 1164 of 2523 [ 40362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1161, 1162, 1163, 1164, 1165, 1166, 1167 ... 2523  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 5:07 pm

Meow meow meow meow. That was Boo's greeting to me when I came in the door.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 4:59 pm

Ugh, it's hard enough trying to explain my speech issues to someone in person. Trying to explain to someone online who's never even heard me speak and I suspect might think I'm just trying to make excuses for simply not wanting a job where I have to talk all day is even harder.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 5:33 pm

Kuraudo,

That's so sweet!

fiber bundle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Oct 2017, 8:04 pm

Love. :heart:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 8:09 pm

How long will the flood barriers stay up?

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 8:15 pm

Raleigh wrote:
How long will the flood barriers stay up?

Stay up?

Hell they broke a long time ago and now everything is ultra screwed and the local dam exploded Michael Bay style and now we have more flood waters and its raining blood and death is everywhere.

At least that is how I feel...

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 8:21 pm

Well, they're making it hard to access certain places, and the water has subsided so I don't see why they're still needed.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 8:45 pm

That's what's happening in Australia?

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 9:02 pm

Yay, no more guitar classes - I can go back to learning at my own pace instead of thinking I'm doing okay only to have it shoved in my face at the next class that everyone else has improved even more than I have and I'm still way behind them. And we didn't even cover half of the stuff in the books, so I still have those to work with, too.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 9:30 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Well, they're making it hard to access certain places, and the water has subsided so I don't see why they're still needed.

bureaucracy sucks (the life out of intelligent beings).

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 9:35 am

Today's the day. Me and Mary see the lawyer at 3pm. I'm half sick already. Feel like I'm going to puke. Great. My eyes are all swollen from crying myself to sleep. My brother had said he was going to go to the Special Meeting tomorrow night and support me - he backed out last night. He didn't even tell me. Instead he talked to Ma and had her tell me last night. He couldn't even tell me. Let's just say I had a few choice names to call him. Why should I be surprised? He is totally undependable for anything. It's not even that he backed out, but the way he did it. Whatever. I'm going to have to depend on only myself as always.

I went through a lot of my emails last night for hours. I found some interesting things. Emails that prove I didn't make quick decisions when it came to forcing jobs through and paying too quickly. In fact, I was usually the third vote on everything - the other Board member that isn't being targeted voted second most of the time. I even found where I had allowed additional time for one invoice not to be paid just so the work could be completed correctly.

They also are going after me for wanting an assessment. I found a couple emails where two other Board members also wanted an assessment - the one who is now going after me for it and another Board member who is presently on the Board, but also not being targeted. This same Board member was for an assessment AND increasing the dues. At least I am a realist and was only going to do either the dues increase OR the assessment. A-Holes.

I know I have to do this because Mary is already saying it is eating her up inside that she didn't fight it. I have to do this. I have all the evidence - it just depends on if anyone wants to listen to the truth.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 10:00 am

Build-a-Bear now has an online exclusive Justin Bieber bear on their website. I wonder does it come with a water bottle I can throw at it? :twisted:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 1:48 pm

I need to be strong and have lots of willpower.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 3:22 pm

As far as I can remember almost every children's program I watched on TV as a child was very scary. Like the fraggles for example. It was like watching a horror movie every time!

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 6:24 pm

Ok, me and Mary just got back. The lawyer is going to try to put a stop to the meeting tomorrow. I have received emails for the Board from the management company telling them what is going on so far. So now they are aware a lawyer is on the case. Me and Mary told the lawyer we are willing to take them to court - the Board and the management company. The lawyer looked over everything and said they don't have anything on us - we have done everything right and they have no grounds to get us off. I'm going to try to clear Mary's name too and get her back on the Board as President. The lawyer said court costs could be over a thousand dollars, but we want to do it. AND, I looked up the amendments to the condos and it says that we can get back our money through the HOA paying us back and the lawyer said that is true. So he is also going to try to get us back our money! Stay tuned.........

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 6:52 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Ok, me and Mary just got back. The lawyer is going to try to put a stop to the meeting tomorrow. I have received emails for the Board from the management company telling them what is going on so far. So now they are aware a lawyer is on the case. Me and Mary told the lawyer we are willing to take them to court - the Board and the management company. The lawyer looked over everything and said they don't have anything on us - we have done everything right and they have no grounds to get us off. I'm going to try to clear Mary's name too and get her back on the Board as President. The lawyer said court costs could be over a thousand dollars, but we want to do it. AND, I looked up the amendments to the condos and it says that we can get back our money through the HOA paying us back and the lawyer said that is true. So he is also going to try to get us back our money! Stay tuned.........

that all sounds very good. keep us posted.