Page 2249 of 4092 [ 65461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2246, 2247, 2248, 2249, 2250, 2251, 2252 ... 4092  Next

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 10:27 pm

Bore people stupid, most likely.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 12:38 am

I wish I could go through life without being an as*hole. Unfortunately being an as*hole found me.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 12:50 am

How are you an a***hole?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 12:52 am

I question people instead of agreeing with them or something and that makes me an a***hole.
But I'm curious, and how else are you going to find out what people really mean?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 2:01 am

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 4:46 am

DataB4 wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I just had a fantastic [at least, I think so] idea for a video game in which the main character awakens with no memory, and the entire planet in the game world is uninhabited, and he/she has to discover what happened, but the entire game is in the first person perspective without finding out what the mc looks like until the very end.

I just had a fantastic [at least, I think so] idea for a video game in which the main character awakens with no memory, and the entire planet in the game world is uninhabited, and he/she has to discover what happened, but the entire game is in the first person perspective without finding out what the mc looks like until the very end.

Or a magical clone or something.

I love mysteries like that. :)

Looking back, I realize it looked like I sent that message about the mystery for Raleigh. Fixed. :oops:

Raleigh, communication through these long messages is very different than offline communication. Texts are different than both of these. I can see why you might have mmore trouble with some of these over others.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 4:50 am

really disappointed at the little "men" on this website right now, tbh.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 4:52 am

Raleigh wrote:
I question people instead of agreeing with them or something and that makes me an a***hole.
But I'm curious, and how else are you going to find out what people really mean?

I know the feeling. I've asked the wrong questions lots of times. It seems to mostly be about tone of voice and the context, like, if I delve too deeply into a private matter or if I ask a question that sounds accusatory.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 6:17 am

DataB4 wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

I know the feeling. I've asked the wrong questions lots of times. It seems to mostly be about tone of voice and the context, like, if I delve too deeply into a private matter or if I ask a question that sounds accusatory.

I tend to lose my flow on here. Face to face I am fine compared to online.
This is a completely different ball game to what I have been used to for years.
I think the problem is that intention gets lost through the typed word and thus can be interpreted however the receiver wishes.
This is when I become the pariah.
It begins in someones else's head and I end up having to explain.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 9:49 am

I like Thanksgiving except my mom won't let me wear my normal clothes so I'm stuck in an itchy dress and getting told that I look silly because I have leggings on underneath it and my regular sneakers. I don't own any other shoes. Also, I don't get to eat anything until 3 PM. Maybe my sister will go "to pick up more milk" but actually get me McDonald's for an appetizer again like she did last year :lol:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 10:46 am

Hi, guys. I'm going to try to catch up on writing today.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 1:45 pm

Temeraire wrote:
DataB4 wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

I tend to lose my flow on here. Face to face I am fine compared to online.
This is a completely different ball game to what I have been used to for years.
I think the problem is that intention gets lost through the typed word and thus can be interpreted however the receiver wishes.
This is when I become the pariah.
It begins in someones else's head and I end up having to explain.

Haha, yes, I'm with you on that one.
I've angered/upset quite a few people on here with comments that were interpreted as snarky or personal attack but weren't meant that way.
Sometimes forgetting to put in an emoji can make a difference too.

@data: I tend to ask very simple questions which people interpret as "smartarse".
Yeah, don't know how that works.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 3:35 pm

Seven more pages to go. Why is it almost harder to write the last 4,000 words than it is to write the preceding 46,000 words?!

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 12:52 am

Went for a two hour paddle along the coastline.
Lots of current and windy conditions to contend with, sometimes going backwards!
Muscles are very sore, especially shoulders, abs and thighs.
Stinger suit now Raleigh tested and approved. :thumleft:

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 5:20 am

I have officially booked the flight to go meet Lillikoi. 33 days to go. :bounce:

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 5:21 am

^ Woo hoo!

That's very exciting.