Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

VeryStrange
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jul 2012, 8:53 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
Hmmm. I actually do not get anything sexual out of it, at least to my knowledge (remember Freud :lol: ); it serves as a means of dealing with sensory issues for me, but I don't have any issues with individuals who have a sexual response to claustrophilia so long as they stay sensible and safe, like you mentioned.

Good. Then you will not have to worry about the dangers -- like those that have 'auto erotic asphyxia' -- as that happens with the Sexual Type of Claustrophilia.
You will likely not have any danger at all of becoming a statistic.
That problem only happens with the Sexual or 'auto erotic' type -- as the overpowering, uncontrollable drive in that type Claustorphilia is so very intense and so extremely strong.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 9:08 pm

I hate being in small spaces they freak me out.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 10:23 pm

It can be a fine line between confining and cozy. Such as a small apartment. At times curled up with blankets and a good book it could be very cozy, but trying to move around in a tiny kitchen not so much.

Besides that certain kinds of tight enclosure can be a stimulating fetish for me.

VeryStrange
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jul 2012, 12:17 am

VIDEODROME wrote:
Besides that certain kinds of tight enclosure can be a stimulating fetish for me.
By only having the light or mild type of enclosure, you would not have to worry about the dangers of the auto erotic (sexual) type of Sexual Claustorphilia Fetish. ( See Wiktionary for: Sexual Claustorphilia Fetish ).

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jul 2012, 12:51 am

I prefer smaller spaces such as corners to sit or relax in.
If there are people making up the enclosed area, then I feel very claustrophobic.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 8:12 am

VeryStrange wrote:
VIDEODROME wrote:
By only having the light or mild type of enclosure, you would not have to worry about the dangers of the auto erotic (sexual) type of Sexual Claustorphilia Fetish. ( See Wiktionary for: Sexual Claustorphilia Fetish ).

I'm not going to do anything that critically restricts air 8O

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 3:28 pm

I love small spaces, that's the main reason I wanted to be an astronaut as a child.

I loved sleeping in a sleeping-bag when I did military service, and would pull the hood over my head and zip up the bag until only my nose stuck out.

I've always dreamed of spending a night in one of those Japanese capsule hotels, or of holidaying in a camping trailer.

VeryStrange
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jul 2012, 9:27 am

Claustrophilia is a rather broad subject. It has many sub types.
In general, medically speaking, it is thought (at least in the subconcious part of one's mind) to be the 'sexual clalustrophilia fetish'. Do a search of a medical site like this to see symptoms: ( symptoms of claustrophilia rightdiagnosis ).
With the very mild types, one will not even be aware of this, at a conscious level.
In the more advanced types the sexual content is quite obvious -- like where uncontrolable accidental erotic asphyxia happens or people have the rare human to human sexual type Claustrophilia found in the claustrophilia dream test.
Diagnosis in some cases is rather meaningless to study -- when there is no potential self induced harm involved in all the milder forms of this.
Even in advanced types, If it is purely a sexual fantasy without acting upon it in reality -- then there is no harm at all.
Overall don't worry if you have it... it is a built in thing and can not be avoided... but just play safe.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2012, 5:06 pm

Exactly.

I did read a story of someone who placed themselves inside an elaborate self designed constricting device and they suffocated. It covered their entire body and the neck collar was to constricting.