I just got my foot stuck in an escalator

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 12:29 pm

I was coming back from seeing Ratatoulie this afternoon, and my lace got stuck in the escalator :? ... My advice is
A. Make sure your shoelaces are done, but done not too tight so that you can get them off with the laces still on(so you don't have to undo your laces while it's stuck
B. Take your shoe off if it gets stuck
Has it ever happened to anyone else?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 12:38 pm

8O Are you alright?

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 12:44 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
8O Are you alright?

Yeah fine, I was a little shocked once I got my foot out but I'm O.K. now, And luckily there weren't many people behind us

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 12:54 pm

gismo wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
8O Are you alright?

Yeah fine, I was a little shocked once I got my foot out but I'm O.K. now, And luckily there weren't many people behind us

Glad you're okay. I've be afraid of escalators since I was little. Do you still have your shoe or is it gone?

Eire
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2007, 12:56 pm

I used to be so terrified of that happening to me when I was little. I never got my foot stuck, but when I was a kid I had a rubber ball with me in a department store and I set it down in front of me on the escalator. When we reached the bottom, it popped! It made a really loud noise that everyone in the store could hear. Ever since then I've been kind of scared of escalators.

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 12:57 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
gismo wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
8O Are you alright?

Glad you're okay. I've be afraid of escalators since I was little. Do you still have your shoe or is it gone?

Yeah, I have it now... the end of the lace(The little plastic bit that holds all the string together) is a little ruined, But it can still hold all the string together...

Eire
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2007, 12:58 pm

Oh, I also wanted to add that I work in a mall and I've seen crocs get stuck in escalators several times. Once it happened with a 2 year old boy. So be careful if you're wearing crocs!

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 12:59 pm

Eire wrote:
I used to be so terrified of that happening to me when I was little. I never got my foot stuck, but when I was a kid I had a rubber ball with me in a department store and I set it down in front of me on the escalator. When we reached the bottom, it popped! It made a really loud noise that everyone in the store could hear. Ever since then I've been kind of scared of escalators.

I remeber doing things like that when I was little(as I still am being 9)... me and my brother used to experiment going down the stairs on our stomachs... spiral ones too :lol:

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 1:01 pm

Eire wrote:
Oh, I also wanted to add that I work in a mall and I've seen crocs get stuck in escalators several times. Once it happened with a 2 year old boy. So be careful if you're wearing crocs!

Yikes, crocs are worse, If It get's through the plastic, and you don't get them off you could end up getting hurting your foot

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2007, 4:11 pm

Those escalators can be dangerous. If my shoe would of gotten in one of those, I would of be terrified! As a kid I use to fear escalators because I was always worried about being sucked into one or falling on one. I still am a little shaky with escalators.

I'm glad that you're okay from this incident.

Cameo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2007, 5:29 pm

Random fact: the thing at the end of the lace is called an aglet. :)

The cuff of my pants got caught in an escalator once; they were really frayed, and a loose end got caught. Fortunately, the loose end just tore off, and I didn't lose my pants!

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 8:50 pm

Cameo wrote:
Random fact: the thing at the end of the lace is called an aglet. :)

The cuff of my pants got caught in an escalator once; they were really frayed, and a loose end got caught. Fortunately, the loose end just tore off, and I didn't lose my pants!

My pants are always frayed, since i cut the hems off so they don't get as wet when I walk in the rain....of course one good pair of pants now look either like Capri's or pirate esque pants....I no longer wear them....just because they look so dorky.

alex
Developer
Developer

01 Dec 2007, 8:52 pm

you're very lucky. people have lost toes after getting their laces caught in an escalator.

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 9:07 pm

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 9:12 pm

Eire, did you get in trouble about the pop? Was there a panic; did it sounds like a gunshot? :D The whole store; a department store; that's pretty loud!

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

01 Dec 2007, 10:24 pm

alex wrote:
you're very lucky. people have lost toes after getting their laces caught in an escalator.

This comment and this thread has now given me a fear of esculators 8O