Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kabirthapar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Mar 2017, 1:43 am

Hello all I am a new bee here really happy to be on this forum. hope you all are doing well? :D I am a quotes lover so just thought of starting the thread regarding the same. So here are few of my favorite quotes-

Characters are not made they are revealed.
He who trusts the world the world betrays him.
Having a soft heart in this cruel world is courage not weakness.
This is a wrong generation for people with good hearts.
Character is how you treat someone who can do nothing for you.
Do not judge people by appearances because a rich heart may be under a poor coat.
Through kindness hearts are owned.
Not to have a thing is less humiliating than to beg it.
Haters are my favorite, I have built an umpire with the bricks that they have thrown at me.
in a world where you can be anything, be kind.

Hope you all would love these quotes. kindly share your favorites if any :)

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 3:05 am

"They laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at them because they're all the same." - Kurt Cobain

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda (Star Wars Episode V)

kabirthapar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Mar 2017, 4:57 am

Here are some more Good quotes from Hazrat Ali Ibn Abu-Talib A.S whom I am a big follower. :)

“Nothing hurts a good soul and a kind heart more than to live amongst people who cannot understand it.”
― Hazrat Ali Ibn Abu-Talib A.S
“Life consists of two days, one for you one against you. So when it's for you don't be proud or reckless, and when it's against you be patient, for both days are test for you.”
“The best deed of a great man is to forgive and forget.”
“When the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray”
“Courtesy costs nothing, but buys everything.”

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 11:14 am

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind." ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 2:54 pm

"perfect... they are... all... perfect." - katsumoto (the last samurai)

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 12:40 am

My head is stuffed with all manner of quotes but right now I really like this one by Putin; 'You asked me if I was a ''friend'' (of the west) or not. The relations between states are a little different from those between individuals. I am not your friend, bride or groom; I am the President of the Russian Federation, that is 146 million people! These people have their own interests, and I must protect those interests.'

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 10:35 am

Information replaces confusion.

Inigo Montoya
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Apr 2017, 10:00 pm

"Sure I'm prejudiced, none of my best friends are idiots." Larry Niven

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 9:14 am

To be remembered in hearts we leave behind is never to die, but to live.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 1:16 am

William Gladstone wrote:
The position of England, gentlemen, is a peculiar position in the world. England has inherited from bygone ages more, perhaps, of what was most august and venerable in those ages than any other European country, and at the same time that her traditions of the past are so rich and fruitful that all our minds and all our characters have both within our knowledge and beyond our knowledge been largely moulded by them.

We were an Empire then. Forget the Empireness of it and take the words on their own merits.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 12:10 pm

"He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know." - Lao Tzu, Chinese philosopher (604 BC – c. 531 BC)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 9:06 am

My favorite quote from Denis Istomin is when he describes his recovery from a serious car accident and making the ATP tour: "I don't think about a comeback. I'm here now."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 9:12 am

"Social justice is neither communism, nor despotism, nor atomism, nor anarchy, but the humanization of laws and the equalization of social and economic forces by the State so that justice in its rational and objectively secular conception may at least be approximated. Social justice means the promotion of the welfare of all the people, the adoption by the Government of measures calculated to ensure economic stability of all the component elements of society, through the maintenance of a proper economic and social equilibrium in the interrelations of the members of the community, constitutionally, through the adoption of measures legally justifiable, or extra-constitutionally, through the exercise of powers underlying the existence of all governments on the time-honored principle of salus populi est supremo lex." -- Justice Jose P. Laurel (Calalang vs. Williams, 70 Phil. 726)

(Note: "Salus populi est supremo lex" translates as "The welfare of the people shall be the supreme law".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 9:39 am

"Many of us have had the experience of living in some local pocket of human society--some particular school, college, regiment or profession where the tone was bad. And inside that pocket certain actions were regarded as merely normal ('Everyone does it') and certain others as impracticably virtuous and Quixotic. But when we emerged from that bad society we made the horrible discovery that in the outer world our 'normal' was the kind of thing that no decent person ever dreamed of doing, and our 'Quixotic' was taken for granted as the minimum standard of decency. What had seemed to us morbid and fantastic scruples so long as we were in the 'pocket' now turned out to be the only moments of sanity we there enjoyed."

C.S. Lewis, from "Mere Christianity" - emphasis mine; this kept me sane in several such places.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

PatrickJane
Raven
Raven

20 Aug 2018, 10:16 am

"Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell, and kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change." - The Marquis De Sade

"The first and most important thing an individual can do is to become an individual again, decontrol himself, train himself as to what is going on and win back as much independent ground for himself as possible" - William S. Burroughs

"It is obvious that [leftists] are not cool-headed logicians systematically analyzing the foundations of knowledge. They are deeply involved emotionally in their attack on truth and reality." - Theodore Kaczynski

"Our society tends to regard as a sickness any mode of thought or behavior that is inconvenient for the system and this is plausible because when an individual doesn't fit into the system it causes pain to the individual as well as problems for the system. Thus the manipulation of an individual to adjust him to the system is seen as a cure for a sickness and therefore as good." - Theodore Kaczynski

"The leftist is anti-individualistic... He is not the sort of person who has an inner sense of confidence in his own ability to solve his own problems and satisfy his own needs." - Theodore Kaczynski

"In the world, there are many different types of people, you know." - Kenta Motokura of Nintendo

Pjscrab
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Aug 2018, 10:24 am

The mind is everything. What you think you become - Buddha

Only the guy who isn’t rowing has the time to rock the boat - Jean Paul Sartre

Your neurodiverse score: 107/200
Your neurotypical score: 135/200

You seem to have both ND and NT traits.