is anyone here want to be in the entertainment business

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 8:44 pm

i want to be actress but so far all i got on my resume is two acting workshops, in two plays.
in two poetry apparently and i had two poem published in a girls write now anthology so basically all i need is to get head shots, but a lot of people seem to discourages me
they all ways say you are to shy you don't like being around people, but some how i'm still going to aim tours my goal. so is there anyone out there who dream job is a job that is going to be in the public eye even if your shy

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 9:48 pm

Sometimes I like to daydream about being a famous artist, author, actress, model or singer. But I know that none of it will ever come to pass because I'm neither talented nor attractive. My desire for fame stems from a fear of being forgotten after I die. A more realistic goal I'm working towards is compiling an unpublished book about my life that I'll leave to my surviving family members. Whatever they choose to do with it will be their decision, but I just want them to spend at least some time thinking about me after I go.

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 10:24 pm

I'd rather be behind the camera than in front of it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 10:47 pm

I can see myself being a drummer, in a Kinks tribute band. 8)

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 12:47 am

I can see myself as an amateur trumpet player in a band, but that's it.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 1:52 am

I could see myself working on setting up special effects and pyrotechnics, but not acting.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 1:59 am

i have long fantasized about having some renumerative talent, most notably of being a professional musician. being a professional organist at a pizza and pipes type of place would be the acme of my public performance dreams.

Owl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Apr 2010, 11:51 am

MONIQUEIJ wrote:
i want to be actress but so far all i got on my resume is two acting workshops, in two plays.

Are you a member of www.shootingpeople.org or www.spotlight.com

Shootingpeople has an New York division and has a casting bulletin everyday

Spotlight is an actors casting website.

I would just go for it. If you notch up a few student films - Try contacting the New York Film Academy, you'll have a larger resume and most importantly always ALWAYS get the video footage of your performance from the filmmakers. You need at least four - five performances to cut a good acting showreel.

These days all the actors I deal with are firmly web based via facebook and personal websites.

I think its really cool you want to be an actress. Go for it!

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2010, 2:18 pm

I sort of adore entertaining. Thing is I can't do it in front of many people. I have terrible social anxiety. And I'd never get far because I can't remember lines. I also wish I could speak publicly, but the physical fear stops me. :(

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2010, 10:03 pm

Owl wrote:
MONIQUEIJ wrote:

Are you a member of www.shootingpeople.org or www.spotlight.com

Shootingpeople has an New York division and has a casting bulletin everyday

Spotlight is an actors casting website.

I would just go for it. If you notch up a few student films - Try contacting the New York Film Academy, you'll have a larger resume and most importantly always ALWAYS get the video footage of your performance from the filmmakers. You need at least four - five performances to cut a good acting showreel.

These days all the actors I deal with are firmly web based via facebook and personal websites.

I think its really cool you want to be an actress. Go for it!

No i'm not a member yet but thank you for telling me about them i will join now, this be a big help

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2010, 10:31 am

I hate the entertainment industry.