What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 330 of 496 [ 7934 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333 ... 496  Next

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 12:47 am

A fragment out of my dream journal over the last couple of weeks - Looking in dust-encrusted tavern with swaying lanterns mocking my every stepladder because the wasps were rumoured to be drowning their sorrows as the honey had been confiscated by Them again, hulking lilac furgazers, hushed footsteps like a nurses's crepe slippers swishing down a sterile hospital ward, they had acidic intent but were content to smile their uneven glittertongued scythe-mantras from afar, behind the windows which were mercifully dirty and full of dead flies and eyeless moths and brittle as broken bottle daddy long legs.Nobody is behind the bar but the mirror is startling me. I was hired to screwdriver the rebelling wasps together so I could retrieve the recipe for improved supermarket own brand soda.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 12:54 am

^^^ :o

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 9:08 am

Spell checkers are really quite "dumb." Then again, they didn't recognize a lot of the names I typed because they were exotic foreign names of various famous people.

I had a dream I was being evaluated to determine my mental capacity. I had to stay at the testing center for a week. I'm starting to get really scared, because I've been having these dreams quite frequently. I feel as though the life I have tried to build will be over.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 5:52 pm

^You are in charge of your life. Perhaps the dreams come from you insecurity about that.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 8:52 am

Possibly true. I hope that these horrible dreams don't come true and I can get back on track and continue to build a good life. It has only been in the last three years that I have really begun to life a full life. I'd hate for it to end now.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 12:06 pm

I had a dream this morning that goes back, in a sense, to high school 45 years ago.

In the dream I had large collection of seeds in display bottles and with the display bottles filling display cases.

There were a number of hexaploid wheats (hard red winter wheat and so on) as well as tetraploid wheats (Durum which is used to make pasta) and diploid (for example Einkorn). I'm don't know how many tetraploid and diploid wheat we have but in my dream I had a great many of each. Also various cotton seeds, corn seeds, grain sorghum, rye, oats, quinoa, and so on. In addition, there were a number of rice seeds including the GMO rice known as Golden rice. Also many vegetable and fruit seeds, many of them heirloom varieties. And thousands of different types of dried beans.

In the dream, I would write letters to the various seed companies asking for samples of some of their seeds for my collection and usually enclose a couple of dollars for postage.

The reason this goes back to high school is that in high school I was on a seed identification team in FAA where we had to be able to identify more than 100 different seeds in competition with students from other schools.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 2:37 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^^^
also known as the Cupertino effect-
The Cupertino effect is the tendency of a spell checker to suggest or autocorrect with incorrect words to replace misspelled words and words not in its dictionary. This term refers to the unhyphenated English word "cooperation" often being changed to "Cupertino" by older spell checkers with dictionaries containing only the hyphenated variant, "co-operation". Cupertino is a town in California.

Oh! :!:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 3:13 pm

all night long I dreamt I was driving swanky cars, or being driven around in them by my late father. in the first one I was driving in some alternate reality Christmas village out in the woods, lots of colorful xmas decorations all about, and I was driving a fancy audi convertible, with a fine suspension, almost no road noise, just driving around some curvy little switchbacks and such. the second one I was still in the xmas village, I was a passenger in something like an old jaguar xj, although my dad was driving gently I was still grabbing at the sides of my seat feeling like centrifugal force was gonna send me flying out of the car through the window at any time.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 5:22 pm

A while ago i had an "Inception" like dream, in which i was asleep and dreaming about being asleep and dreaming. It was weird waking up twice that day.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 9:16 pm

auntblabby wrote:
all night long I dreamt I was driving swanky cars, or being driven around in them by my late father. in the first one I was driving in some alternate reality Christmas village out in the woods, lots of colorful xmas decorations all about, and I was driving a fancy audi convertible, with a fine suspension, almost no road noise, just driving around some curvy little switchbacks and such. the second one I was still in the xmas village, I was a passenger in something like an old jaguar xj, although my dad was driving gently I was still grabbing at the sides of my seat feeling like centrifugal force was gonna send me flying out of the car through the window at any time.

Did you have your seatbelt on?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 9:26 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

if I were lucid-dreaming i'd be able to answer that. but I suppose in my dreams at least, there are no seatbelts. can't count the number of dreams I've had where i'd be driving down the road when gradually the car would morph into a motorcycle and then a unicycle with a thousand-foot tall seat and I be precariously balanced way up in the air. and the road would turn into a dirt path and then no road at all :o

oldnerd
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Mar 2017, 9:27 pm

I had a weird one a couple weeks ago where I trained elephants to be software testers. It was a NASA project with some kind of touchscreen interface, and elephants were involved in it somehow. I got the idea after realizing they were smart enough to learn the touchscreen. They caught on fast, but eventually got bored with it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 9:32 pm

if I had an elephant's memory, I might get bored also.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 11:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

if I were lucid-dreaming i'd be able to answer that. but I suppose in my dreams at least, there are no seatbelts. can't count the number of dreams I've had where i'd be driving down the road when gradually the car would morph into a motorcycle and then a unicycle with a thousand-foot tall seat and I be precariously balanced way up in the air. and the road would turn into a dirt path and then no road at all :o

Yikes! 8O

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 11:58 pm

yeh, that's what I said :o

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2017, 8:22 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Is that a legacy of that bicycle accident that put you in the hospital a couple of years ago?