What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 1 of 497 [ 7949 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 497  Next

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 10:27 am

This is a special post to one of my favorite posters as I find this thread quite irresistible.

This is NOT actually the last weird dream I had but any other dream other than this one pales into insignificance in comparison.

When I was 14, I dreamed that I was in the home town of my mother and that my family was visiting her aged uncle, in his 70z at the time.

In my dream, we were sitting in the dining room of my mother's uncle; it was dark as usual and there was a knock at the door, which was unusual.

The visitor was a friend of my mother's uncle who had just retired from a lifetime working for the bus company. He had been a co worker of my mother's uncle.

The visitor was a tall, very distinguished looking, bear of a man, with silver hair who looked like a movie star (at least how they looked in the 70z)

He talked about his career at the bus company.

A few weeks later, we were visiting my mother's uncle and there was a knock at the door.

This was highly unusual as I never recall any other occasion when that great uncle had a visitor when we were visiting :!:

In walked the man I had seen in my dream BUT..............he ALSO proceeded to speak the precise words that I had heard in my dream.

I almost fainted and grabbed my mother's arm.

I explained that I had already seen and heard this in a dream.

I was actually reciting his words to myself ahead of him actually speaking the words.

My mother told not to be 'silly'....................just like the doctors told her that my 'problems' when I was 6 were due to my high IQ :!:

I have enjoyed several other instances like this during my life..................

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 10:59 am

b9 wrote:
i often dream that i am in an abandoned house that is huge and about 10 storeys high, and i do not know why i am there. it is very rickety, and it is like it is made of cardboard, and it teeters when i do not move carefully, and some hallways are blocked off, and i have to go down to a basement for some unknown reason, and i am afraid of heights, but i have to enter corridors that require me to hop over railings and scale my way to the next storey down from there, and if i lose my grip, i will fall a long way to the ground.
it seems imperative that i get to the basement, and i hate that dream.

Oh my, I have some VERY similar dreams! Being stuck on a rickety house with the roof blown off, and it's teetering as I move, and I'm terrified of heights. And it's windy sometimes. And all around me, I see the ground farrrr below.

Blindspot–That's pretty awesome! I've never had a dream where I "saw" the future.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 12:22 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
Blindspot–That's pretty awesome! I've never had a dream where I "saw" the future.

That is a true story.

If you read 'Mere Christianity' (which is actually a book on philosophy) by C.S. Lewis (yes, he also wrote the Chronicles of Narnia) you will discover that our usual concept of future and time MAY be a little simplistic. :wink: :arrow:

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 12:24 pm

Blindspot149 wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:

That is a true story.

If you read 'Mere Christianity' (which is actually a book on philosophy) by C.S. Lewis (yes, he also wrote the Chronicles of Narnia) you will discover that our usual concept of future and time MAY be a little simplistic. :wink: :arrow:

C.S Lewis is great. I read the whole Narnia series, but not "Mere Christianity". I didn't know you were a christian. Is it a very interesting book? It sounds so, but I usually have a hard time wrapping my mind around some abstract concepts.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 12:50 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
Blindspot149 wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:

That is a true story.

C.S Lewis is great. I read the whole Narnia series, but not "Mere Christianity". I didn't know you were a christian. Is it a very interesting book? It sounds so, but I usually have a hard time wrapping my mind around some abstract concepts.

I don't think it is necessary to be a Christian to understand and appreciate the C.S. Lewis masterpiece "Mere Christianity'

He also penned 'The Screwtape Letters' and 'Pilgrim's Progress'

Although baptised into the Church of Ireland as an infant he 'fell away' as an adolescent later returning to Christianity due to his philosophical discoveries whilst trying to disprove the existence of a Creative God :!:

He was also a professor at Oxford University.

He died on the same day that President Kennedy was assassinated.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 1:16 pm

Blindspot149 wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:
Blindspot149 wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:

That is a true story.

I don't think it is necessary to be a Christian to understand and appreciate the C.S. Lewis masterpiece "Mere Christianity'

Although baptised into the Church of Ireland as an infant he 'fell away' as an adolescent later returning to Christianity due to his philosophical discoveries whilst trying to disprove the existence of a Creative God :!:

Oh, so you aren't one? My bad for assuming.
Yeah, he's done some very influential works. My mom and sister loved "The Screwtape Letters", I didn't read it.
That's funny he came back, this famous guy, Josh McDowell, had a similar story, of attempting to disprove it, and finally goign "damn it, it's true" XD

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 1:24 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
Blindspot149 wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:
Blindspot149 wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:

That is a true story.

Oh, so you aren't one? My bad for assuming.
Yeah, he's done some very influential works. My mom and sister loved "The Screwtape Letters", I didn't read it.
That's funny he came back, this famous guy, Josh McDowell, had a similar story, of attempting to disprove it, and finally goign "damn it, it's true" XD

I do not believe that Christianity and Philosophy are mutually exclusive.

Philosophy is the meeting point of all truth, literature, science, religion, art, music........................

I recently spent time with a Physics professor who was lamenting the falling numbers of students enrolling on his classes because they found the philosophical elements of the course too difficult :!: :D :arrow:

The Bible is a remarkable piece of literature, that encompasses a very sophisticated language (particularly parable language) and philosophy.

It is also a very good book of science, history and nutrition, amongst other things.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 1:54 pm

Blindspot149 wrote:

Philosophy is the meeting point of all truth, literature, science, religion, art, music........................

I recently spent time with a Physics professor who was lamenting the falling numbers of students enrolling on his classes because they found the philosophical elements of the course too difficult :!: :D :arrow:

The Bible is a remarkable piece of literature, that encompasses a very sophisticated language (particularly parable language) and philosophy.

It is also a very good book of science, history and nutrition, amongst other things.

Well, I wasn't meaning that, actually, I'll be honest here. What do you mean by "mutually exclusive"?
I love writing philosophical essays, though.
Really? Lol, is the population getting dumber? :lol:
I think so too. It has a lot of scientifically accurate stuff in it. It even talks about micro evolution a bit, doesn't it? Selective breeding.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 2:05 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
Blindspot149 wrote:

Well, I wasn't meaning that, actually, I'll be honest here. What do you mean by "mutually exclusive"?
I think so too. It has a lot of scientifically accurate stuff in it. It even talks about micro evolution a bit, doesn't it? Selective breeding.

I meant that I don't think that Philosophy disproves or disallows the principles of Christianity or that Christianity disproves or disallows Philosophy (or Science)

I think that they are just different colors in an incredible rainbow

Althea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2010, 2:13 pm

Haha I had a fairly boring dream last night :) You wake up thinking, oh that was a nice dream, but then looking back now, it was actually extremely boring! For some reason or other i was in the French classroom with some other people and teachers, and we were all wrapping up biscuits from a cake sale... thats actually all that happened lol, just biscuit wrapping! Great dream... lol.

I sleepwalk though from time to time- that can be funny, or not so funny as the case may be when I woke up on holiday in Mexico, at 2am locked outside in my pyjamas...

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 2:15 pm

Blindspot149 wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:
Blindspot149 wrote:

I meant that I don't think that Philosophy disproves or disallows the principles of Christianity or that Christianity disproves or disallows Philosophy (or Science)

I think that they are just different colors in an incredible rainbow

Oh, yeah, of course. Ever heard of Christian Philosophy? :P

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 2:25 pm

dude I know I have the wierdest dreams I just can't remember them well. I think my latest wierd dream could be comparable to a monet, kandinsky, dali mash up. Most intriguing. I think I was hunting wild pogo sticks.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 2:27 pm

In last night's dream, I was accused of revising the constitution to fit my purposes and imprisoned.

Edit:I like my post, but it's lacking a comma! UNACCEPTABLE!

Last edited by Darkword on 13 May 2010, 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Epilefftic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2010, 4:10 pm

I dream that I am a different person living through his day, but the weird part about it is that he is incredibly normal (something I am unfamiliar with). He also has a twin sister, who is H-O-T. Does that count as incest? lol

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 4:19 pm

Wait, what? Who's "he"? XD

Epilefftic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2010, 5:05 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
Wait, what? Who's "he"? XD

I have no idea, that's the weird part. He's a pretty stand up guy though, a bit of a dick sometimes. I need to start keeping a dream diary or something, maybe I'll remember more...