Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 1:33 pm

Hello everyone.

I am stuck with a dilemma and wondering if some super-brains out there can help with this.

I have my own website which I hope to be a small and relaxed environment for Aspies, although there is a dual-function in it's musical drive, where you can create, upload/download and listen to mixtapes and podcasts. For musically-addicted Aspies, this can be a great place to go!

The problem is I am stuck with the name. I thought of "Autism Rocks" which combines both autism and rock music, someone already has a blog called this. Things like "Planet Aspie" have come into my head, but I would like something innovative and clever and I feel that there are people here who can come up with something far better!

Although the site is up online it is work in progress until I launch it officially in November. And it won't stop me from being here, I've come to know this as my home and of course, wrongplanet is linked! :D

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 1:55 pm

Something with a comfortable word like "Lounge" in it?
Vibe Lounge?

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 2:38 pm

OddFiction wrote:
Something with a comfortable word like "Lounge" in it?
Vibe Lounge?

I like this. Lounge has a welcoming tone. Maybe when we have something that relates to autism and music added we'll end up with the right name. For example, I was thinking along the lines of Aspie [then an adjoining word] like 'dacious'... a very bad example but, well,, that just shows why I need the help! :oops:

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 2:59 pm

DJ Aspie?

oliverthered
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 10:21 am

WeRock.

YouAMuzeUs is copyright me.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 11:53 am

^^ Yaye greetings squonk and everyone. I believe all of the names are very lovely. Perhaps you use happy OddFiction's idea of lounge and name your website perhaps "Autism Lounge or "The Autism Lounge" or "The Aspie Lounge". ^^Perhaps this shall therefore inherit the relaxed feeling that you wish to bless your website with.

I am very sorry for being silly however.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 11:59 am

asdrockers.com

asdrocklounge.com

asdmusiclounge.com

Are all available domains. So far anyway. :wink:

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 2:01 pm

A big thank you to all those :) who replied so far with suggestions... it may well be that I can fuse some of these like has been suggested, unless something more inspiring comes along!

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 3:46 pm

Asp-Rock(s) :?:

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 4:44 pm

squonk wrote:
"Autism Rocks"

Aurochs!