Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 4:21 pm

I remember when I was in year 6 I started to have school dinners instead of taking a packed lunch. The dinner ladies placed three batches of cooked food in the middle of each table and we helped ourselves to serve the food on to our plates (the younger children required help of course). But I remember if nobody on the table chose a certain food, they would all pick on the only person what chose that particular food. For example, say if there was a choice of mashed potatoes, meat, and peas, and nobody on the table wanted peas (a lot of children didn't seem to like vegetables), and only one person did want peas with their mashed potatoes and meat, all the kids on the table would make you feel uncomfortable while you ate your meal, by laughing at you. Well, OK, maybe not boys so much, but girls were terrible at this. It happened to me a few times.

There are some things that I miss about being a child, but things like this I am so glad I don't have to deal with any more. When I eat out with people now, nobody laughs at you just because you've ordered something nobody else on the table has ordered.

Does anyone else remember awkward moments like this at school when having your lunch?