Page 5 of 2549 [ 40782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 2549  Next

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 3:57 pm

EgyptianCat wrote:
I don't mind. I just want a bed time story :).
And you did say it, you said it just 15 minutes ago. Do you not remember all_white? :)
Bed time story! Bed time story! Bed time story! :bounce:

Oops, I just noticed this.

OK, here we go:

http://www.stellabooks.com/articles/fea ... t_bear.php

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 3:58 pm

:cheers: tea talk! i get twitchy if i don't have several cups every day. any type - black, with milk, fruit, green tea. :heart:

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 4:01 pm

Sallamandrina wrote:
I could easily qualify as a tea fanatic - that's why I'd never touch a teabag :lol:

I'm not a huge fan of teabags, either, but tea leaves (quality tea leaves) are so hard to find around here and they're usually expensive. So, most of my tea is bagged. :-(

I do love my...

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 4:11 pm

Yes, I know what you're saying. I order most of mine online at unreasonable prices :(. But I find the difference in taste huge so it's worth it. I'm mainly into green tea now and a quality Sencha with lemon is hard to find but you should steep the leaves 2 or 3 times so you're getting more out of it.

I also love tea caddies :)

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 4:15 pm

I can't convince my husband that leaves are vastly superior. He thinks I'm a tea elitist and should lighten up. :lol:

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 4:19 pm

LOL I thought I was the only one who have been accused of "tea snobbery"!

mb1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2011, 4:34 pm

all_white wrote:
See, mb1984, all those three things you've mentioned (crochet, puzzles, and forums) involve actually DOING SOMETHING. Everyone is different, but, to me personally, relaxing means not doing anything at all. Just stopping, and having a rest and letting my mind go blank. I don't do that nearly enough. My mind is far too active and stressed.

To me, relaxing means being in a situation when you don't have to expend any effort, and someone or something else is doing the relaxing for you. It could be a person giving you a massage, or some nice hot bath water warming your skin, or the sound of some nice waves breaking gently in your ears. I like all of those things. :thumright:

I see what you mean. I have a VERY hard time doing nothing, I generally need to stimulate multiple senses or I get stir crazy. Although, when I need to get away, I love to lay in my bedroom with the darkening blind drawn. Just lay in bed and relax.

Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 6:09 pm

mb1984 wrote:
all_white wrote:
See, mb1984, all those three things you've mentioned (crochet, puzzles, and forums) involve actually DOING SOMETHING. Everyone is different, but, to me personally, relaxing means not doing anything at all. Just stopping, and having a rest and letting my mind go blank. I don't do that nearly enough. My mind is far too active and stressed.

To me, relaxing means being in a situation when you don't have to expend any effort, and someone or something else is doing the relaxing for you. It could be a person giving you a massage, or some nice hot bath water warming your skin, or the sound of some nice waves breaking gently in your ears. I like all of those things.

I see what you mean. I have a VERY hard time doing nothing, I generally need to stimulate multiple senses or I get stir crazy. Although, when I need to get away, I love to lay in my bedroom with the darkening blind drawn. Just lay in bed and relax.

Let me just say too that my mind is constantly going and there always needs to be some sort of noise going on in the background, except when going to sleep. Though often my thoughts flow without effort, so it is possible to relax.

mb1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2011, 9:15 pm

I need to constantly have my hands busy, or my thoughts are scattered.

Do you find that without noise, you have difficulty concentrating?

Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

billybud21
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 2:43 am

Hello,

I doubt this will make a difference, but I am in a futile mood. Words only have the meaning we give them -- they are a social construct -- nothing more, nothing less. So, why make up a thread that arbitrarily excludes certain words or phrases, and say, as the OP does, that you do not want to exclude anyone.

You can no have it both ways: excluding words, yet saying you do not want to exclude those who would use those words.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 3:01 am

billybud21 wrote:
Hello,

I doubt this will make a difference, but I am in a futile mood. Words only have the meaning we give them -- they are a social construct -- nothing more, nothing less. So, why make up a thread that arbitrarily excludes certain words or phrases, and say, as the OP does, that you do not want to exclude anyone.

You can no have it both ways: excluding words, yet saying you do not want to exclude those who would use those words.

I agree with your views on language, but I don't really understand why it's so bad that all_white wants just one thread where people don't curse.

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 3:18 am

This thread is not meant to be a debate about airy-fairy philosophical opinions on the meaning of words. This thread is about having just ONE PLACE where people actually agree not to break the TOS:

The following activities are unacceptable on WrongPlanet:

"1. Posting offensive language, comments, video, or images.
Unacceptable content includes swearing;"

Most other threads are FULL of cursing and swearing and offensive language, because people constantly break these rules.

If you have a problem with this thread and keeping to the forum rules, how about you don't post here? You could go to any one of the millions of other threads where people curse, and post there instead. If you feel this excludes you, then it's through your own choice, for choosing to ignore the rules you agreed to when you signed up. I just don't want to read swear words any more. I'm tired of it. They offend me. And this thread is meant for chatting, not debating the forum rules, so if you want to question the rule about no swearing, please go and start a new thread or email Alex or a mod about it. Thanks!

And now, back to some chat:

It's raining this morning! And I've got to go out on a walk but I still feel sleepy and pooey. :(

EgyptianCat
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 3:44 am

all_white wrote:
EgyptianCat wrote:
I don't mind. I just want a bed time story :).
And you did say it, you said it just 15 minutes ago. Do you not remember all_white? :)
Bed time story! Bed time story! Bed time story! :bounce:

Oops, I just noticed this.

OK, here we go:

http://www.stellabooks.com/articles/fea ... t_bear.php

Yay! Thank you all_white!! !! ! ((((:
I'll read it tonight before I go to bed.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! !! ! ((((:
xoxoxoxoxo~

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 3:53 am

You're welcome!

Except...you can't actually read it via that link. It's just a review. I can't find anywhere where you can actually read a Rupert annual without buying it. :cry:

EgyptianCat
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 4:02 am

all_white wrote:
You're welcome!

Except...you can't actually read it via that link. It's just a review. I can't find anywhere where you can actually read a Rupert annual without buying it. :cry:

Oh well, it's good enough, thank you for searching for me anyways, I appreciate it~
Thank you all_white ^^

Maybe one day I can buy a tape recorder that reads me a bed time story for little kids ^^
I know that seems bad for my age, but if it makes me happy, that's fine, right? (:
It doesn't harm anyone else~

Everyday, my basic needs are:
Hugs, attention, care, love, warmth, & bed time stories.
I feel like a 10 year old when I say it like that :oops:

Edit: I just realized that was a crying emot.
Don't cry :cry:.
-hugs- Please smile again like this (((:
S-m-i-l-e~ (:
Here is a hug -hugs-
I truly appreciate it, it's okay all_white, you tried your best, I am greatful just for this~ ^^

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 4:12 am

Aww, I wasn't really crying! It was just the closest thing to a "sad" smiley that I could find. I felt bad that I couldn't find you a proper bedtime story.

Yay! Another Aspie who loves hugs! :bounce:

Are your daily hug needs catered for by your mum?

It seems to work by extremes. Most people on the spectrum seem to HATE physical contact far more than the average NT, but there are some of us (although we're in a minority) who seem to CRAVE it far more than the average NT. I am like that. I am a hug machine. And I don't currently have anyone to hug, which makes me sad, but at least I have my dog. He is very good for cuddling into at night, and he sleeps with me, along with my cuddly toy of course! He's nice and warm and cute.

When I was your age and still at home, I used to walk up behind my mum and hug her a lot when she was in the kitchen busy washing the dishes. It used to make her laugh sometimes, but other times she would get cross and yell at me to let go, because I still kept hugging her even if she started walking around, and it's kind of hard to walk properly when you have a human clam stuck to your back. :lol: