Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1043 of 1998 [ 31967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1040, 1041, 1042, 1043, 1044, 1045, 1046 ... 1998  Next

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 4:24 pm

Food poisoning. Can't figure out where it came from. Started making me unhappy at about 2 A.M. - so I've been living on tea, cream of rice, and activated charcoal caps. Frustrated; I had a lot of things to do today and they've all been pushed into next week.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 7:28 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
Food poisoning. Can't figure out where it came from. Started making me unhappy at about 2 A.M. - so I've been living on tea, cream of rice, and activated charcoal caps. Frustrated; I had a lot of things to do today and they've all been pushed into next week.

Hope you feel better soon! :(

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 7:54 pm

Having someone knock on the door at FOUR IN THE MORNING looking for someone who hasn't lived here for over 20 years.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 9:54 pm

I woke up to my cat have eaten my toilet paper, later my power went out, I had a bad panic attack, I was breathing too fast, I went outside to see one of my neighbors if they were home. My power came on, I overreacted, I ended up crying. My legs were hurting cuz I was walking too much. My cat was a BIG pain, I was yelling at her, I put her in my bedroom, she was quiet for awhile, it was her can food time, then she looked out my bedroom window, shortly later, she was meowing to get out. I ordered food to make me happy.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 10:00 pm

crystaltermination wrote:
Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:

Hope you feel better soon! :(

Thank you! Activated charcoal is a life-saver; I always keep it in the house. Am feeling nearly well now :-)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 9:50 am

Lunch is being pushed back today for company .

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 10:28 am

Esmerelda, I hope you feel better soon!

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 10:42 am

^^ thank you! I'm going to venture out today - must. buy. wood. filler... Ate a real breakfast. Hoping for the best!

How is the swan?

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 5:42 pm

Quote:
How is the swan?

I haven't been back to visit again yet, but I'm hoping he's okay -- my next visit will probably be Tuesday; fingers crossed he is not only okay but still there, even!

He and his partner swan had only just flown back in; I hope that incident hasn't made them leave again since. :(

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 5:44 pm

Something that's making me unhappy tonight. . .I'm freezing! I feel really chilly in my apartment. But I don't want to turn the heat on because I'm living on so little money these days due to depression forcing me to decrease my work schedule, that I just cannot afford to run the heat.

I feel miserable in the cold, especially when it's indoors and not even the outside! 8O

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 8:22 pm

^^ I'm on a reduced income too (retired early - no regrets, yet) and can relate. I've spent a few evenings this week wrapped up in 2 - 3 fleece throws that I found very cheap at the drugstore, of all places. (And I do mean wrapped!) Warm and easy to layer, no worries about fitting over whatever I'm wearing at the time.

Not just me feeling it, either: my cats are burrowing under the comforter to sleep. So cute.

"Winter is coming."

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 8:33 pm

Another bout of depression.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 10:34 am

I'm going to have to get out and do some exterior painting (touchup only thank God) soon today because there's rain in the forecast for tomorrow. (I'm just spoiled. Now that I'm retired and free from deadlines, I hate feeling driven. [/pity party])

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 10:54 am

This is one of the things I suck at most: things like "exterior painting" and other such household things.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 11:03 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
This is one of the things I suck at most: things like "exterior painting" and other such household things.

Ooo, I never said I was *good* at it. But I'm slowly becoming tolerable with practice. It's a lot less expensive to botch it myself - and fix it on the next round - than to pay someone else to botch it, and then worry if it'll ever be fixed :-)

And on that note I'd better scramble! :-)

(edit in: edited to add quote, again because of where the page breaks)

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 11:17 am

Awkward conversations.