Page 351 of 401 [ 6413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354 ... 401  Next

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 12:30 pm

Thought I'd drop by because I'm feeling unpopular tonight.

I never minded being unpopular in general, but when I feel like my close friends are avoiding me, that hurts. :cry:

I don't even know if it's all in my imagination, so I don't want to say or do anything about it, and that's frustrating. I guess I'll just wait until someone's good and ready to reply to my texts or emails, or call me back.

It's hard being friends with NTs. They don't get that all you want to do is whine sometimes because you can't be like them and don't understand what you're going through.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 6:16 am

^ I hope my comment here --> viewtopic.php?f=24&t=188523&start=825
Makes you feel more popular. :)

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 6:32 am

C2V wrote:
^ I hope my comment here --> viewtopic.php?f=24&t=188523&start=825
Makes you feel more popular. :)

Aw... :oops:
Thank you C2V, that's the loveliest thing a forum poster's ever said about me. :heart: :heart: :heart:

You seem pretty stellar yourself. :D

Ok, I'm feeling more popular now. :mrgreen:

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 6:38 am

And that was posted the other day, I'm not even cheating :wink:

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 5:57 pm

I noticed that! :)
Hope you have a lovely day and weekend. :D

traven
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 12:24 am

between the shills and the bots, getting thrown out to roll in the ads, what good is that?
and why sell, or buy, cheap plastic trash on the internet ?
even selfestiming sites do that, selling expensieve crap and you can't even see a part because plastic two dollar things are over it,
in maybe two years that internet 'll be over anyway, like tv is now ??

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 1:52 pm

Well, i am new here so people seem to have no real interest in what i have to share with the world. I personally think that being unpopular is a lot easier than having to deal with the responsibility that being popular entails. And above all, the people seem to be a lot less full of themselves! :wink:

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jul 2017, 11:28 pm

I am unpopular on this forum and in life, but in life I am making a lot of effort to become more popular and it seems to be working wonders.

Good luck to all the other aspies!

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 11:10 am

paintmepink wrote:
I am unpopular on this forum and in life, but in life I am making a lot of effort to become more popular and it seems to be working wonders.

Good luck to all the other aspies!

Don't worry about being unpopular. It is really not as bad as it seems. I would rather be an outcast for the rest of my life than having to give up my individuality

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 6:46 am

Yet another accusation of being a troll.
Why do people always just assume I'm trying to be an a***hole? Why is that a given? Don't people consider any other explanation for where my posts could be coming from? I never mean anything here nastily. Ever. I may outright disagree, but I hope I try to keep my responses respectful. I may ask taboo questions, but that's because I want insight into the issue. When I reply, I want to discuss, or am offering some insight that might be useful to the questions others have asked.
And yet repeatedly, people read all this nasty, machiavellian, personally attacking judgements into my posts that aren't there. I mean things innocently, because often, I just don't know.
Apparently I don't have enough social graces or emotional intelligence to function adequately even on an internet forum meant for autistic people. This does not bode well for how I am capable of functioning in the real world.
That's what sucks about developmental delays - when it was age appropriate for the fact that other people dislike me to be bothering me, I was too far behind to notice or care. Now I'm supposed to be old enough to be beyond caring if anyone likes me or not, and it starts bothering me. At least, it does today.
/Rant.

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 6:21 pm

C2V wrote:
Yet another accusation of being a troll.
Why do people always just assume I'm trying to be an a***hole? Why is that a given? Don't people consider any other explanation for where my posts could be coming from? I never mean anything here nastily. Ever. I may outright disagree, but I hope I try to keep my responses respectful. I may ask taboo questions, but that's because I want insight into the issue. When I reply, I want to discuss, or am offering some insight that might be useful to the questions others have asked.
And yet repeatedly, people read all this nasty, machiavellian, personally attacking judgements into my posts that aren't there. I mean things innocently, because often, I just don't know.
Apparently I don't have enough social graces or emotional intelligence to function adequately even on an internet forum meant for autistic people. This does not bode well for how I am capable of functioning in the real world.
That's what sucks about developmental delays - when it was age appropriate for the fact that other people dislike me to be bothering me, I was too far behind to notice or care. Now I'm supposed to be old enough to be beyond caring if anyone likes me or not, and it starts bothering me. At least, it does today.
/Rant.

I can relate 100%. For some reason i have to explain myself every single time when an issue is being brought up, even though the awareness that i am on the spectrum and i therefore will certainly make some mistakes is there. Whenever i make a mistake, though, may it be wording a question oddly or just making a statement that is not being understood, i am being yelled at or ridiculed into desperation. Of course i want to purposely hurt other people rather than make a statement that totally displays my view. And yes, i also want to tell other people that they're acting stupidly by asking them a question i simply don't know the answer to. Isn't this why questions are being asked? Why is everyone trying to find subliminal messages in the things i have said? Are they that insecure that they cannot even distinguish between a legitimate question and a an intentional attack? If i were to tell someone that i am not happy, i would tell them that i am in fact NOT HAPPY.

Sorry, sore spot

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 1:39 am

Can I join this group? Who here thinks I'm posting too much and "pushing it for someone who's a newbie"? Hopefully no one, cuz I'm not going away!! !

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 9:01 am

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
Can I join this group? Who here thinks I'm posting too much and "pushing it for someone who's a newbie"? Hopefully no one, cuz I'm not going away!! !

There is no need for you to go away. You're welcome here.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 7:13 pm

Thanks, Mr. Robot! I wouldn't go away anyway! I'm annoying like that. I like something, I stay. So how was your day?

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 7:39 pm

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
Thanks, Mr. Robot! I wouldn't go away anyway! I'm annoying like that. I like something, I stay. So how was your day?

Good attitude!

My day was interesting. We were invited to our nephew's party for his fifth birthday. It is very likely that he is on the spectrum as well, but hasn't gone through an evaluation yet.
There seems to be a very strong connection between the two of us and we are almost inseperable.
Maybe it will turn out that i will be some sort of a mentor for him.

How was your day?

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 7:46 pm

Wow, that's great, and he can run to you when he has a problem and when his parents don't understand him!

My day was boring, except for talking to my son and my friend. I did laundry. I slept for 3 hours, about. I need a coffee. I need to focus on my long to-do list. But there's nothing on it I can do today, except talk to people.