Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

jcq126
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Apr 2011, 8:50 am

Hey guys, I wanted to know if there were any Montreal aspies here? If so, do you have any positive experiences with certain psychologists/clinics? I am shopping around for a psych right now who can assess/diagnose me and if anyone has any good places where they have been it would really help me out!

meeemoi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2011, 9:31 pm

yes well im form montreal and well i had the same problem, they mostly seem to focus on kids. there was one in the west end like ile perrot i think. i will probably see what they hav to offer, but i dont think, from what i read, that things really improve. but hey who knows this is all new to me. anyways what would me cool is if there was a place for people from montreal with aspergers to meet up, online or even in person. I would love to work with other that have aspergers
!

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 1:21 am

Hmmm, i don't know, i got my diagnosis near 18 years old. I reckon i got it from Douglas Hospital... =/ There is however a collegue from university that got her diagnosis from someone else, but i can't remember the name... Maybe i should ask her. :o

meeemoi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jun 2011, 7:46 pm

I think with the douglas there is a 3-6 month waiting period but ill make an appointment

well i guess we are starting to get a few locals here. how about we share a bit of information

me
age 33 years old
sex male
area from downtown area
willing to meet or start a group? yes not sure when though. would love starting a business with other aspies
interests money, aspergers stock market, and now looking for some thing that is more technical and would benefit me as far as employment/ money

not diagnosed
just found out about aspergers

meeemoi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2011, 12:08 am

so has any one here met any aspies from montreal?

I feel a bit left out here that i have not yet met an aspie :(

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 8:46 pm

For diagnosis I would say the clinic of Dr. Motron. He's the one who confirmed my diagnosis and he's worldly recognise for his researchs on autism and asperger. (I don't live in Montreal though, I live in Sherbrooke.)

meeemoi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jun 2011, 1:26 pm

Tollorin wrote:
For diagnosis I would say the clinic of Dr. Motron. He's the one who confirmed my diagnosis and he's worldly recognise for his researchs on autism and asperger. (I don't live in Montreal though, I live in Sherbrooke.)

Thanks,

I was wondering how long it takes to get diagnosed. some one told me that the diagnoses it self can take months plus the wiating time. Is this a one time thing ?

How did you go about it? did you go through medicare (wait time)? Or will I be better off paying privately?

How much does it cost and are there any benefits to being diagnosed besides the person knowledge.(or can i get the government to some how pay for treatment/diagnoses)

thanks a lot Tollorin appreciate that,

teflon_woman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 May 2012, 5:35 pm

I too am a Montrealer looking for an assessment/diagnosis by somebody who is knowledgeable about both ADHD and Aspergers.

Apparently to get assessed at the Douglas you need a referral from a doctor, and my skills don't lend themselves well to the kind of phone tag that involves.

Dr. Mottron looks promising. How good is his English? My French is pretty good, but for something this complex I'd feel more comfortable expressing myself in my own language.