Meanest thing you ever did to your boss?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 12:30 pm

I was a security guard for 5 years at this place I used to work at. On the weekends the only person in the whole building which includes the factory and offices was me. It was on a weekend when I suddenly had a mean streak the week my boss went on vacation for a week. :evil: Anyhow, there were lots of rats and cockroaches so big you can put saddles on them and ride them. My boss angered me big time and so the idea popped in my head is to find a dead rat and carefully put it in his tool box since I had a key to it as well as all of the offices. I locked his tool box back up and locked his office. That dead rat was in his tool box for a whole week. Gawd! :lol: :lol: I would have loved to been a little bird and see the expression on his face when he opened his tool box up with that rotting carcass of a "rat" just like "he" was. He never did find out who did this. :lol: :lol:

I worked at this place for 19 1/2 years leaving with my last job being a line operator, finally getting fed up enough that I found another job.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 12:55 pm

A tyrannical boss once emailed me with instructions to do a write-up on a new product and have it ready by 2:00. At 12:10, I'd already gone across the street to have lunch. Unbeknonst to me, he had unlocked my office door, grabbed the draft report off my desk, and drove 3 miles away to present the new idea to the Board of Directors.

I got a call from him at 3:30, telling me in no uncertain terms what he thought of my sexual habits, the species of my mother, and the legitimacy of my parents' marriage.

But I was in another part of the building, and the call rolled over to voicemail, where every word was recorded.

His boss was not amused.

Neither were the H.R. people.

The Board members were amused, however, and were only too happy to side with me and invite the tyrant to seek employment elsewhere.

Moral: Document every order you receive, and make separate recordings of all harassing voicemails. You never know when you may need them for your defense, or when the opportunity may arise to use them against an enemy.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 1:21 pm

Dirtdigger wrote:
...a dead rat and carefully put it in his tool box.

Nobody ratted on you then? :P

One thing I did to the boss of my boss was more as a result of my Asperger's and truthful nature than malicious intent. When I was 18 I had a summer job in a very large national-chain supermarket. Occasionally I had to work on the telephone switchboard; a job I especially hated. One day a bigwig from head office phoned and demanded to speak to the store manager (a mere demi-god in comparison) and I buzzed through to him and told him that such-a-person was on the line for him and the manager replied "I'm not in!". So I went back to the bigwig and said "He says he's not in." The next thing the bigwig on the phone exploded into anger shouting "such-a-person will hear about this!" and he slammed the phone down. I guess the store manager was in big trouble. :lol: I left shortly after that.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 1:40 pm

Fnord wrote:
A tyrannical boss once emailed me with instructions to do a write-up on a new product and have it ready by 2:00. At 12:10, I'd already gone across the street to have lunch. Unbeknonst to me, he had unlocked my office door, grabbed the draft report off my desk, and drove 3 miles away to present the new idea to the Board of Directors.

I got a call from him at 3:30, telling me in no uncertain terms what he thought of my sexual habits, the species of my mother, and the legitimacy of my parents' marriage.

But I was in another part of the building, and the call rolled over to voicemail, where every word was recorded.

His boss was not amused.

Neither were the H.R. people.

The Board members were amused, however, and were only too happy to side with me and invite the tyrant to seek employment elsewhere.

Moral: Document every order you receive, and make separate recordings of all harassing voicemails. You never know when you may need them for your defense, or when the opportunity may arise to use them against an enemy.

I'm a firm believer of documention.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 1:46 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Dirtdigger wrote:
...a dead rat and carefully put it in his tool box.

Nobody ratted on you then? :P

One thing I did to the boss of my boss was more as a result of my Asperger's and truthful nature than malicious intent. When I was 18 I had a summer job in a very large national-chain supermarket. Occasionally I had to work on the telephone switchboard; a job I especially hated. One day a bigwig from head office phoned and demanded to speak to the store manager (a mere demi-god in comparison) and I buzzed through to him and told him that such-a-person was on the line for him and the manager replied "I'm not in!". So I went back to the bigwig and said "He says he's not in." The next thing the bigwig on the phone exploded into anger shouting "such-a-person will hear about this!" and he slammed the phone down. I guess the store manager was in big trouble. :lol: I left shortly after that.

THAT IS FUNNY! I see these kinds of situations on expecially shows like the Andy Griffith, where Gomer or Goober would say he says he isn't in. Anyhow, you sure got him back. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 2:12 pm

The worst thing?

I kept showing up.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 7:25 pm

I just used to go around goose-stepping when he wasn't looking

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 7:59 pm

Got the b***h fired.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Sep 2012, 9:23 pm

I never done anything mean to anyone I worked with including bosses but I have said some mean things to my supervisor at my 2nd job but we had become kind of friends & we still are. He got stressed-out or distracted & he got really stupid & anal about what he did & what he wanted us to do. I was a better strategist due to being practical & OCDish with planning. I debated with him & got frustrated & told him off alot.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 9:07 am

Rascal77s wrote:
Got the b***h fired.

Speaking of getting the b***h fired, I was misbehaving in the 3rd grade which was normal for me since I'm on the Autism Spectrum. But, there was absolutely no reason for my teacher to slap me on my left ear forcing a bobby pin into my ear canal and damaging me ear drum. It started bleeding profusely and I was rushed to the hospital. The teacher got fired. I should have been put in a school for special needs kids instead of being forced to go to public schools all my life. Think if I was in special needs schools I would have learned a lot more. It wasn't until I got out of school that I learned so much more, but still I'm rotten in math and reading unless it is something that really interest me. But, then I concentrated on the subjects that interested me and not what the school wanted me to be interested in.

The last place I worked at where I inspected friction plates, one of my jobs was to check the thickness. But that day, I was getting too thin on the friction plates that I was inspecting. Several thousand dollars worth of friction plates had to be rejected. I reported my findings to the Supervisor and just so happend, I was inspecting these parts as they were being sized in the next department. So the supervisor checked out the operator's work and data he had recorded. Come to find out the guy wasn't checking the thickness of the parts and he was falsifying his records. Then I see the supervisor walk him to the door and fired him.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 9:20 am

This wasn't really mean, but when I worked at this gas station/convenience store where all the employees and the boss were friends and hung out together, (except that one guy who would only work nights) I didn't come to work on a day that I had told him I couldn't but he scheduled me anyway. I told him several times before but he told me I had to be there and I told him I wasn't coming. I did not show up or call. He knew that was going to happen, but he didn't get anybody as a backup and so he had to stay and work my shift. He called me and fired me on the phone. I hung up on him because he was being a baby about it, oooh his missed his ball game on tv because he had to work and could only listen to it on the radio.

So, I decided that not only do I need the money but I love the job and enjoy working there (we all did, except for that one guy who would only work nights) and so I decided that I was not going to be fired.

The next day was Saturday and he wasn't going to be there so I showed up for my shift and told Chris who was there to replace me to go on home. He did. I worked. I did the same thing on Sunday. I counted the money afterwards, did the report, put the deposit in the safe etc. I still had my keys.

I go to work Monday afternoon and he's there at shift change and told me that I don't work there anymore. I said "Well yes I do, I've been working all weekend stop with your little temper fit" and walked behind the counter and started counting my register getting ready to change shifts. He stood there for a few minutes looking around then he took off his hat, threw it on the ground and walked out.

I didn't lose my job. That wasn't mean but I'm sure it was very, very frustrating for him, trying hard to fire somebody but they just wouldn't be fired. If we weren't all friends, including our boss with all of us there, it wouldn't have worked. We were all college age kids and he was in his 50's. It was sort of like a family and he was our dad or something.,

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 9:55 am

The meanest thing I ever did to my boss was randomly quit without giving any type of notice. I just didn't show up for work one day so she panicked and called my emergency number which was my mum who freaked out and called the police. I wasn't answering my cell phone either so the police randomly showed up when I wasn't expecting it.