is J. Mascis an Aspie?
Yes 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 8

dajand8
Raven
Raven

08 Jun 2013, 11:13 pm

Who cares if you are a veteran? That has nothing to do with this. Maybe people with your hateful mentality made those in the 27 club so miserable they overdosed? But regardless, this is a small sample of thousands upon thousands of artists.

dajand8
Raven
Raven

08 Jun 2013, 11:14 pm

J. Mascis is still alive anyway! He is even middle aged.

dajand8
Raven
Raven

08 Jun 2013, 11:23 pm

Musicians ODing has nothing to do with my question. And because some musicians have od'ed, dosn't mean J. Mascis is a druggy and is not an Aspie.

dajand8
Raven
Raven

08 Jun 2013, 11:24 pm

Aspies can be druggies too you know! The culture wars have no place here.

coevolve
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Feb 2015, 11:00 am

Fnord wrote:
Just another long-haired stoner / musician.

J Mascis is not into drugs, interview starts around the 2 minute mark http://youtu.be/9daa4CxZQMI

Subterranean Homesick Alien
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Apr 2017, 6:49 pm

I would say that J as an Aspie is a very likely, listen to interviews were he’s talking about his guitar setup and distortion textures etc. Others talk of him being a very weird child.

The whole fall out between Mascis and Barlow lends itself to this idea also. J started to show up to Sebadoh gigs not understanding what had gone wrong, Lou had some empathy and apparently forgave him for poor communication then they played an autism awareness benefit together shorty afterwards.

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2017, 4:35 pm

Never really suspected that J Mascis could be an aspie but from what others are saying, I guess it's plausible. Whether he is or not doesn't matter to me. Dinosaur Jr are a great band btw. Seen them live a couple of times and I'll be seeing them again at a festival in Madrid this summer so that should be pretty cool.

Rex
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jun 2021, 6:45 pm

Fnord wrote:
Just another long-haired stoner / musician.

Go to your music collection and discard everything made by a drug user. Do the same for your art collection, book collections. Take your movies, and discard everything starring or directed by a drug user.

It’s possible that you don’t like music, art, books, or movies, ink which case, you’ll be perfectly content. Congrats for putting your money where your mouth is.

For the rest of us, it would be a pretty bleak world indeed.

Prince was a drug user. Ditto Michael Jackson. As was Kurt Cobain, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, The Beatles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, jimmy Hendrix, Elvis Presley, Janis Joplin,Hank Williams, George Jones, I could go on for pages. Not just musicians, there’s Bill Clinton, George Bush, Donald Trump, pretty much anyone who is anyone has used drugs at one point or another. It’s not the grand insult it used to be.

Talented, creative people sure seem to be drawn to drugs for some reason. Certainly not all, but probably most. All the way back to antiquity.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 7:06 pm

Trump never did DRUGS! :twisted: