What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 1 of 246 [ 3932 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 246  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 5:13 pm

wow, eric, that sounds like a long series of lucid dreams you've been having.
anyways, i dreamt i was taking a shower and i got out and looked in the mirror and noticed that i had vastly enlarged skin pores with abundant "brownheads" that would rupture and would emit stinkless feces in long ropes. some of the brownheads just hung out there like overstuffed sausages. i picked them off one by one, then noticed in the reflection that my sister was standing behind me looking at me with curiosity. all through this dream the song "christmas star" [from the "home alone" movie] was playing, "Star light, shine bright- See me through the dark night- Light mine, half way; Guide me home for Christmas Day." then I awoke very late. :huh:

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 5:26 pm

I've had the floating dreams for something like 25 or 30 years.

About that long ago, I somehow started to force myself to reread things in my dream. For example, it might be a sign or a newspaper column. Oddly enough, when rereading it, what I read was entirely different from the first reading. Oftentimes, the first reading made perfect sense and the second reading made no sense at all. That ability only lasted for a year or two. These days, I don't seem to consciously reread anything in a dream but it sometimes happens without my consciousness imposing itself on the dream.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 5:29 pm

when you consciously direct your behavior in the dream that is lucid dreaming. that is a talent, wished I could do that. I am almost always just a passenger wafting along in the dream. did you extract useful waking meaning from the signs and portents in your dreams?

now if only I could figure out why I was having those nasty skin eruptions in that dream.... :scratch:

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

25 Nov 2014, 6:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
when you consciously direct your behavior in the dream that is lucid dreaming. that is a talent, wished I could do that. I am almost always just a passenger wafting along in the dream. did you extract useful waking meaning from the signs and portents in your dreams?

now if only I could figure out why I was having those nasty skin eruptions in that dream.... :scratch:

It sounds to me like you might be reflecting about some personal aspect of yourself. Something you may want to change about yourself. Like your coming out of the closet. Maybe you would like to be in a relationship with a woman. Someone that may remind you of some aspects of your sister (unless you dont like your sister). All of that stuff coming out of your face has something to do with a change I think. It may just be stuff you don't want. You got rid of it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 6:54 pm

yournamehere wrote:
It sounds to me like you might be reflecting about some personal aspect of yourself. Something you may want to change about yourself. Like your coming out of the closet. Maybe you would like to be in a relationship with a woman. Someone that may remind you of some aspects of your sister (unless you dont like your sister). All of that stuff coming out of your face has something to do with a change I think. It may just be stuff you don't want. You got rid of it.

the getting rid of it part seems to be a work in progress. :)

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 6:58 pm

eric76 wrote:
I've had the floating dreams for something like 25 or 30 years.

About that long ago, I somehow started to force myself to reread things in my dream. For example, it might be a sign or a newspaper column. Oddly enough, when rereading it, what I read was entirely different from the first reading. Oftentimes, the first reading made perfect sense and the second reading made no sense at all. That ability only lasted for a year or two. These days, I don't seem to consciously reread anything in a dream but it sometimes happens without my consciousness imposing itself on the dream.

Flying dreams are awesome! I haven't had one in a while. When you have floating dreams, it is because you are lucid, and you are a relatively free bird. You don't have many things weighing you down. You probably don't need thearapy 8) . In fact you psychologist may need it more :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 7:04 pm

the last time I had a flying dream was when I was getting surgery for a shattered arm. I was flying through heaven, and it was bright and golden and warm.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 7:38 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the last time I had a flying dream was when I was getting surgery for a shattered arm. I was flying through heaven, and it was bright and golden and warm.

You were drugged :D . I know a lady who said the same thing. She said it was the only one she ever had.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 7:40 pm

yournamehere wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

You were drugged :D . I know a lady who said the same thing. She said it was the only one she ever had.

better living thru chemistry :drunken:

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 8:29 pm

yournamehere wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:
I suffer from horrible and sometimes also painful nightmares. They can be incredibly psychologically disturbing.
My dreams are in high detail, with varying colour schemes. I often remember the dreams well enough to draw and label a map of where I went in the dream.

Two nights ago I had a horrific nightmare where I was being chased around a church by a horde of headless women.

I' m Being Chased!"

... ...

I'm pretty adept at dream interpretation. And of course I left out 95% of the details in my previous post. It gets difficult when I add in the beige demons that watched me be chased in the church and the earlier movie store where I rented a scifi movie by a director named Gwesh. The movie featured men in a desert trying to survive.
The interpretation here is that:
I am watching my life passing by, the desert is symbolic if being left behind and abandoned. The men represent authority and aggressiveness, which I can't be (as shown by the clothes.) Since they all wore different clothes than me, it is symbolic of being an outsider. I am verbally abused by my for watching that movie, which shows that I am being taken advantage of. My parents symbolize power, shelter, and love, ergo I am being manipulated. leave the movie store and go to a church, which is symbolic of a search for enlightenment or reevaluation.
In the church I was chased around by bloody, naked, headless women. Since they were naked, it shows that I am too gullible and trusting of others. Since they were wounded, it shows that my mindlessness has put me in harms way. The fact that they were headless shows, in context that I am not thinking my situation through well enough. Women symbolize passivity, nurturance, love, and guilt.
The demons watching the events in the church show that I am experiencing fear and that I've given away better judgement to negativity.

It all ties together into two main themes... The first: Trust is a weakness, the people around me cannot be trusted because they are manipulating me. The second: My negativity or the fear that I am inadequate is causing me to have bad judgement.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 9:54 pm

Sounds like you may know what you are talking about. If that is the case, I feel for you. :( . Pritty sad story. Plus nightmares is difficult. I had them in my twenties. Sounds like you have your mind wrapped around it, and I hope you don't loose it.

Those things are not much of a problem for me anymore. I'm still working some things out. Dream interpretation has been helpful for me. However, on the flip side, I will be alone for thanksgiving. I got away from those things, and traded it for loneliness. Trying to fill it up with the right stuff is not easy. I feel empty right now. I want you and everyone to, but saying have a happy thanksgiving sounds, and feels sarcastic, blank, and ironic to me. I don't know where you're from, but do it anyways. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 9:57 pm

too bad a bunch of us can't just get together for the big day. :|

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 10:18 pm

auntblabby wrote:
too bad a bunch of us can't just get together for the big day. :|

I have a car. But it's a coupe. You live on the island of defective toy Santa's, and I don't think I can make it in time. :roll:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 10:21 pm

cute coupe :thumleft: I have one that is about 17 years older but it's a CRV, also black, and it can haul maybe 6 people total.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 11:14 pm

Crv's are good cars. I like those. I thought you had flying reindeer?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 11:27 pm

yournamehere wrote:
Crv's are good cars. I like those. I thought you had flying reindeer?

their antlers sprout out of my hondeer after thanksgiving Image :santa: