What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 96 of 246 [ 3932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 246  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 5:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
looking back on some of my old dreams on this as well as the non-poll weirdest dream thread [authored by "spazzergasm" way back when] I am amazed I am still alive.

Why do you say that? :(

because at least one person has hinted to me that my dreams were in their opinion suggestive of a psychotic break.

but...do you think they were suggestive of psychosis?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 6:21 pm

seaweed wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
looking back on some of my old dreams on this as well as the non-poll weirdest dream thread [authored by "spazzergasm" way back when] I am amazed I am still alive.

because at least one person has hinted to me that my dreams were in their opinion suggestive of a psychotic break.

but...do you think they were suggestive of psychosis?

well...... one kid shrink said I was schizoid, the other said I was schizotypal. I know my neural circuits are not what they ought to be, and I feel it more strongly on some days than others.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 7:46 pm

auntblabby wrote:
well...... one kid shrink said I was schizoid, the other said I was schizotypal. I know my neural circuits are not what they ought to be, and I feel it more strongly on some days than others.

and your dreams are also indication to you that your neural circuits are not well?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 7:57 pm

seaweed wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

and your dreams are also indication to you that your neural circuits are not well?

well... :chin: to answer that, i'll just quote Freud: "dreams are the royal road to the unconscious mind." my neural circuitry does the best it can, but this world besets them and sometimes resets them.

Last edited by auntblabby on 14 Apr 2017, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 8:30 pm

Last night I dreamed about Dr. Temperance 'Bones' Brennan, from the CBC show Bones. In the show, she is very logical and analytical and not remotely like me, and I wasn't thinking about her or the show, so i have no idea why I would dream about her.
In the dream, I experienced everything that she was experiencing.

It was at night, and she encountered a black cat that seemed harmless but then suddenly bit her savagely in the left ankle and wouldn't let go until she had pretty much kicked it to death with her high heeled foot. [ 8O 8O Most of my dreams are weird and not remotely violent]. Her ankle was bleeding a lot, so she hobbled down the road to find help, but it was so dark she could barely see and brazenly walked right out on the road without looking both ways. She reached the old church in the town I used to live in, and collapsed onto the grass in the dark.

The heck? 8O :huh:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 9:24 pm

auntblabby wrote:
seaweed wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

well... :chin: to answer that, i'll just quote Freud: "dreams are the royal road to the unconscious mind." my neural circuitry does the best it can, but this world besets them and sometimes resets them.

oh, okay. thanks for explaining :)
freud is no longer considered credible, and for good reason, but i don't think he's completely dismissable either.

i like to think that dreams have some kind of meaning in our conscious lives, even if it's not important.

have you heard the term "junk dreams" (dreams that don't "matter")? i just heard it recently and it reminds me of "junk DNA" (noncoding genetic sequences) in which used to be thought of as inconsequential but now are understood to be a good space for genetic exploration and expression.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 9:38 pm

seaweed wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
seaweed wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

oh, okay. thanks for explaining :) freud is no longer considered credible, and for good reason, but i don't think he's completely dismissable either. i like to think that dreams have some kind of meaning in our conscious lives, even if it's not important. have you heard the term "junk dreams" (dreams that don't "matter")? i just heard it recently and it reminds me of "junk DNA" (noncoding genetic sequences) in which used to be thought of as inconsequential but now are understood to be a good space for genetic exploration and expression.

I've heard of "neural garbage" but like the so-called "junk DNA" it just means psychiatry has idiopathic ideas about such.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 11:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

You seem pretty mentally stable to me, they don't know what they are talking about! Heck, if you want to see mentally unstable, look at me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 11:40 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

You seem pretty mentally stable to me, they don't know what they are talking about! Heck, if you want to see mentally unstable, look at me.

we all have our moments, sunshine :sunny:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2017, 11:21 am

I believe that during dreams you astral travel to other places to learn things that are eventually downloaded into your conscious mind.

Last night I dreamed that I was with my dad at the library [upstairs in the adult section] for a Halloween event. We were the only ones there, and the staff behind the tables covered in Halloween books didn't move at all. I found a book about a little red dragon, but when I opened it up to read it, it was about this pink naked thing living underground. 8O When we left, it was late at night and very snowy, but I trusted my dad to get me home safely. As we were walking, we went down an alleyway illuminated by the headlight of a parked motorcycle, but then suddenly a pack of small dogs appeared and jumped around me. My dad lifted me onto his back [which could never happen, because of his back problems], and ran down the alleyway with the dogs still leaping up and trying to pull me down. They eventually vanished, and the snow was coming down more and more, and it was getting darker and darker.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2017, 9:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Ya, I guess your right! Thank you. :sunny: That made me feel a little better about myself.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2017, 9:27 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Ya, I guess your right! Thank you. :sunny: That made me feel a little better about myself.

what are friends for? :flower:

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2017, 8:21 am

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

what are friends for? :flower:

Organ donation? I'm kidding!

Have any good dreams last night?!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2017, 5:50 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Organ donation? I'm kidding! Have any good dreams last night?!

i'm an organ donor so if I prematurely bite it, you can have my organs [get in line, though]. and I slept the sleep of death last night, 11 hours of ZZZZZZZZZZZZs. no dreams that I can recall but throughout the night I had aural dreams, I kept hearing john lennon singing "real love." :dj:

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2017, 1:31 am

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Organ donation? I'm kidding! Have any good dreams last night?!

i'm an organ donor so if I prematurely bite it, you can have my organs [get in line, though]. and I slept the sleep of death last night, 11 hours of ZZZZZZZZZZZZs. no dreams that I can recall but throughout the night I had aural dreams, I kept hearing john lennon singing "real love." :dj:

Oh no thanks, I have enough organs as it is. :o Sometimes I have music in my dreams too. :dj:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2017, 1:36 am

i had a dream where some fellow was rowing a boat along a river composed of tiny ball bearings (about the size of the balls in ball point pens).