What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 107 of 246 [ 3932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 246  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 7:53 pm

That's interesting. That you have tactile, and taste, in your dreams. Physical pain. And tasting food.

I only get taste, or pain, in dreams, if its my head adapting to real life external stimuli happening. Like I once dreamt I was eating a steak dinner because I had the residue of beef on my teeth from eating a hamburger before I went to bed. And I once dreamt that I had somehow become a mantle piece-or was trying to mimic a mantelpiece - a porcelain figure sleeping on a hard porcelain pillow above a fireplace- until I realized that I had a splitting headache IRL, and woke up realizing that I was hungover from drinking the night before (this was back in college), and also realized that the dream was trying weave my headache into its narrative to keep me asleep.

But your head seems to be able to generate pain, and food flavor, in your dreams without real external stimuli.

That's surprising to me.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 8:13 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^^here is the place to describe the story of that dream :star:

Ok! *Cracks knuckles*

Well, from what I recall of the dream, there was a group of students (with me as their leader) who began to resent the more and more authoritarian nature of school. So we struck out and took over the school to implement our own regiment. That's really all I can remember. I guess I dreamed this because, all thought-out my youth, I hated school and constantly felt confined by it.

Interestingly, I have been on new meds for the past couple of days and have had very vivid and long dreams. :flower:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 8:23 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
That's interesting. That you have tactile, and taste, in your dreams. Physical pain. And tasting food. I only get taste, or pain, in dreams, if its my head adapting to real life external stimuli happening. Like I once dreamt I was eating a steak dinner because I had the residue of beef on my teeth from eating a hamburger before I went to bed. And I once dreamt that I had somehow become a mantle piece-or was trying to mimic a mantelpiece - a porcelain figure sleeping on a hard porcelain pillow above a fireplace- until I realized that I had a splitting headache IRL, and woke up realizing that I was hungover from drinking the night before (this was back in college), and also realized that the dream was trying weave my headache into its narrative to keep me asleep. But your head seems to be able to generate pain, and food flavor, in your dreams without real external stimuli. That's surprising to me.

no longer so surprising for me, I get many sensations and sounds and visions in my dreams. but what I REALLY wish for, is LUCID dreams. closest I've gotten is the vague awareness that i'm dreaming, or taking notes in my dreams so that when I wake up I can post about them here and there. but no real sense of efficacy, no control, like i'm just along for the ride.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 8:24 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Ok! *Cracks knuckles*

Well, from what I recall of the dream, there was a group of students (with me as their leader) who began to resent the more and more authoritarian nature of school. So we struck out and took over the school to implement our own regiment. That's really all I can remember. I guess I dreamed this because, all thought-out my youth, I hated school and constantly felt confined by it. Interestingly, I have been on new meds for the past couple of days and have had very vivid and long dreams. :flower:

Hmmmmm..... :chin: I useta have dreams where the school was abandoned and I was the only one there. :o

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 6:30 am

My school-related dreams usually involve taking a test and I don't know any of the answers, or I have a lot of work to do, usually a lot of nonsense busywork.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 10:30 am

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Ok! *Cracks knuckles*

Well, from what I recall of the dream, there was a group of students (with me as their leader) who began to resent the more and more authoritarian nature of school. So we struck out and took over the school to implement our own regiment. That's really all I can remember. I guess I dreamed this because, all thought-out my youth, I hated school and constantly felt confined by it. Interestingly, I have been on new meds for the past couple of days and have had very vivid and long dreams. :flower:

Hmmmmm..... :chin: I useta have dreams where the school was abandoned and I was the only one there. :o

Interesting! :D That was nearly a reality for me once. Ok, technically I wasn't alone, but most of my school had left for a field trip to another state, but I didn't want to go. So most of the school was deserted. It was eerie! 8O

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 12:22 pm

I dreamed that I was playing yet another video game, against a kid I've never seen before [he had blonde hair]. None of the critters in the game seemed familiar either, as if my subconscious was just inventing random monsters for the heck of it.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 8:06 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Ok! *Cracks knuckles*

Interesting! :D That was nearly a reality for me once. Ok, technically I wasn't alone, but most of my school had left for a field trip to another state, but I didn't want to go. So most of the school was deserted. It was eerie! 8O

that happened to me also but only because I lost the slip I was supposed to give my parents to sign.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Jun 2017, 5:55 am

The Faculty of Physics was attacked by hordes of zombies. But they couldn't harm me, because I was totemically identical to one of them.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 12:29 pm

According to my mum's friend, who is a dream interpreter, most books on dreams don't work very well because people in your dreams represent aspects of yourself, and so other people's interpretations [derived from books or their own minds] are often inaccurate since they don't know you as well as you know yourself.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 9:03 pm

Most dream books interpret dreams as sexual. Cat dreams are constantly depicted as something sexual.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 2:05 am

but many dream symbols are common per a given culture. Jung believed certain symbols were common among humanity in general.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 10:00 am

^^Really? Oh, yuck.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 3:37 pm

Term interpretation is easy once you realize that the symbolism is idiosyncratic to the person dreaming (you).

You don't ask "what does such and such mean" ask "what does such and such mean to me (in my waking life)"?

Eric Clapton used to turn up in dreams I had in the late Eighties. When I would ask myself "what does Eric Clapton represent to me?" it would then become instantly obvious why he crops up in dreams, and how what he represents related to stuff I was going through at the time IRL.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 6:56 pm

^Exactly, that's what I meant.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 10:26 pm

i dreamt I was in a music store, and I got into a conversation on the merits of The Beatles' "Norwegian wood" song with another customer from India, and together we went to this audio wall that let us pull up versions of songs, and we were listening to India versions of "Norwegian wood" and discussing what we liked about each.