Page 1980 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983 ... 4092  Next

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 7:52 am

Raleigh wrote:
You will cope with things as they unfold and as they present themselves.
And why do you think you need to talk to make friends?
I presume you will have some assistance on the autism program? Will you have some accomodations?

Because that's the only way I've made friends before? :oops: Not to sound pessimistic...

Yeah, the autism program folks help you coordinate with the teachers and people in disability services. :mrgreen: And I've got note-takers for all my classes, so I'm good on that front.

It is certainly more well-organized than the hoopla that was my high school. >_>

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 7:56 am

1Biggles1 wrote:
Well, thats a good thing Lillikoi as they will already be aware of some of the sensory difficulties you face. Might take some time but when you become more familiar with your surroundings there, things may become a little easier to open up... I remember when i went to my second boarding school.. I sat mute on a concrete parking post for 5 hours.. Couldn't move or talk to anyone...

I cant deny it will be a little nerve racking for you when you arrive there but the same will likely be going through the minds of many of the other students also :D

Okeydokey. Aww, that is super nice Biggles/Raleigh... :oops:

I am just worried because I have ADD and I am worried I will zone out in class and get behind. Also processing disability, I am worried I will get behind.

That happened with me with art in high school...

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 8:02 am

Just do the best you can Lillikoi :) Maybe they have some sensory rooms there where you are able to better study? I had a hard time too with concentrating as mind was busy taking everything else in around me that i would often shut down especially at exams.... Try not to set yourself NT expectations and just do what you can sensory handle and DONT beat yourself up in those moments where things can get a little overloading :)

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 8:07 am

Lillikoi wrote:
1Biggles1 wrote:
Well, thats a good thing Lillikoi as they will already be aware of some of the sensory difficulties you face. Might take some time but when you become more familiar with your surroundings there, things may become a little easier to open up... I remember when i went to my second boarding school.. I sat mute on a concrete parking post for 5 hours.. Couldn't move or talk to anyone...

I cant deny it will be a little nerve racking for you when you arrive there but the same will likely be going through the minds of many of the other students also :D

Okeydokey. Aww, that is super nice Biggles/Raleigh... :oops:

I am just worried because I have ADD and I am worried I will zone out in class and get behind. Also processing disability, I am worried I will get behind.

That happened with me with art in high school...

I've tried three unis, and they've all been easier than HS. I think you'll have no problems there :)

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 8:11 am

1Biggles1 wrote:
Just do the best you can Lillikoi :) Maybe they have some sensory rooms there where you are able to better study? I had a hard time too with concentrating as mind was busy taking everything else in around me that i would often shut down especially at exams....

They do have sensory rooms, actually. 8O

1Biggles1 wrote:
Try not to set yourself NT expectations and just do what you can sensory handle and DONT beat yourself up in those moments where things can get a little overloading :)

Hoof, that's true. But I do that all the time... :cry:

But I suppose you're right. It is silly to lament over things one can't change. :)

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 9:35 am

Raleigh wrote:

apt

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 9:37 am

Good morning, everyone. A combination of the sun and Boo woke me up early today.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 9:40 am

Lillikoi wrote:
Honestly, I keep snacks in my closet so I don't have to leave my room and I only eat one meal a day, so how in the fresh hell am I supposed to do this s**t? :cry:

How the heck am I gonna talk to my professors if something is wrong? >n<

write them a note. you're plenty articulate here.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 10:13 am

Boo is crying at the office door. I closed it because she kept trying to give me love bites.
I really want to open it...

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 10:49 am

Cat wakeup calls are tough. :roll:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 1:31 pm

Morning.

One of those mornings when you wake up feeling like you've slept for 8 minutes.

:tired:

By you I mean me.

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 2:04 pm

^Morning! Still contemplating whether i should sleep or just stay up now!?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 2:06 pm

^ haven't you slept at all?

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 2:09 pm

Not since yesterday..

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 2:13 pm

^ haha.

I was doing a bunch of 4 7 8 breaths last night but it didn't help much.

That's the 3rd night I haven't been able to sleep well.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 2:15 pm

Raleigh wrote:
^ haha.

I was doing a bunch of 4 7 8 breaths last night but it didn't help much.

That's the 3rd night I haven't been able to sleep well.

melatonin and ginger?