Page 1287 of 4092 [ 65461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1284, 1285, 1286, 1287, 1288, 1289, 1290 ... 4092  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 1:38 pm

Quote:
Peace comes within the souls of men when they realize their oneness with the universe.
--Black Elk

“To let go means to give up coercing, resisting, or struggling, in exchange for something more powerful and wholesome which comes out of allowing things to be as they are without getting caught up in your attraction to or rejection of them, in the intrinsic stickiness of wanting, of liking and disliking.”

“One practical way to do this is to look at other people and ask yourself if you are really seeing them or just your thoughts about them.”

“Breathe and let be.”

“There is just this moment. We are not trying to improve or to get anywhere else.”

“Our ability to touch love and kindness and be touched by them lies buried below our own fears and hurts, below our greed and our hatreds, below our desperate clinging to the illusion that we are separate and alone.”

“There is a price we pay for being attached to a narrow view of being “right.”

“Live with nature
In the present
Above time”

“in meditation practice, the best way to get somewhere is to let go of trying to get anywhere at all.”

“Non-doing simply means letting things be and allowing them to unfold in their own way.”

[Exerts from ― Jon Kabat-Zinn, Wherever You Go, There You Are]

bump

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 1:43 pm

I put as much deep truths and inner wisdom and intuitive beingness as I could into my papers on Shintoism and Zen for the World Religions course I'm taking online. I got a 60, for not following the analytical rigid structural whatevers of the course. I laughed and laughed at that; it is so hilarious.

[If anyone would like to read them, I can post them here in little bits.]

Oh, it's the first day of Spring here. There's a Wiccan festival today, but I cannot recall the name. Maybe I'll dance around the house naked. :P :P

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 1:51 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Oh, it's the first day of Spring here. There's a Wiccan festival today, but I cannot recall the name. Maybe I'll dance around the house naked. :P :P

Finally spring! From now on it will only get warmer and warmer. I assume you are home alone, if you follow up on those plans :P

What is a Wiccan festival?

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 1:55 pm

Welp, I finished Pokemon Sun. What have I got to say about it?

My favorite generation still hasn't changed, but it has a darn close runner up. That ending... just... :cry:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 2:01 pm

Froya: Here you go: https://wicca.com/celtic/wicca/wicca.htm

Midnightstar: I still haven't finished Moon.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 2:08 pm

Last edited by Kuraudo7777 on 20 Mar 2017, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 2:10 pm

My favorite final fantasy girl (even though I haven't played final fantasy, just kingdom hearts games woth final fantasy characters) is Aerith. :heart:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 2:14 pm

^Aeris is my third favourite, after Cloud and Tifa. Zack gets fourth place.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 2:24 pm

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 2:27 pm

I drew an older Irene, because I thought she somehow deserved it along with the rest of the XY crew, and she came out looking like Little Red Riding Hood? :?

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 2:30 pm

Midnightstar16 wrote:
I drew an older Irene, because I thought she somehow deserved it along with the rest of the XY crew, and she came out looking like Little Red Riding Hood? :?

I actually started drawing Irene, if you wanna see it. :mrgreen:

(At least, my interpretation. :lol: )

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 2:32 pm

?!

I wanna see if you wouldn't mind? 8O

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 2:32 pm

So like Velouria from Fire Emblem Fates? [She's a werewolf.]

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 3:14 pm

Midnightstar16 wrote:
?!

I wanna see if you wouldn't mind? 8O

Idk, I tried to make her look older, (around 17) but I'm not sure if that was succesful. :oops:

It's not finished yet because I can't draw arms. ;n;

Also, I'm not sure if she's a blonde or a redhead.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 3:21 pm

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 3:22 pm

^^Lillikoi: I like how the colours go from orange on top and then gradually goes into darker red and wine color! Also I like the two random dashes on the side. It gives the drawing a "free" feeling.