Page 2006 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 ... 4092  Next

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 8:28 am

I've never studied history. :|

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 8:37 am

Lillikoi wrote:

I find it magical and fascinating... However not via standard historical academics. I like to follow the trails myself.. As i realised when younger, Much of what i was being taught in the history class room didnt add up, so i switched off.

The Whole Columbus thing for one really didn't make sense in my mind at the time for a number of reasons.

and are you feeling a little more relaxed Lillikoi? I know it will be a sensory bomb for a while..

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 10:29 am

Good almost lunchtime, everyone.

Boo ate something she shouldn't have and threw up last night and then again this morning. I cleaned it up last night, but not this morning. I cleaned her food and water dish and swept cat hair off the stairs.

I'm also re-starting Edge of Eternity from the beginning; it's a lot weirder and more awesome this time. It starts with the immortal words"'I am a feather!"
Would anyone like to know more?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 10:53 am

I ordered an expensive camera yesterday. I'm expecting it will help with an important project, so it's needed, but spending a lot of money like that still makes me nervous. 8O I hope it will be worth it.

There Are Four Lights!

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 11:50 am

1Biggles1 wrote:
Lillikoi wrote:

I find it magical and fascinating... However not via standard historical academics. I like to follow the trails myself.. As i realised when younger, Much of what i was being taught in the history class room didnt add up, so i switched off.
and are you feeling a little more relaxed Lillikoi? I know it will be a sensory bomb for a while..

Yeh, I am. :) Now that I've been spending some time by myself this morning. I think I should lay back on the socializing for a little while.

Not that that's a bad thing, but since all my friends are autistic that adds up to about three hours of nonstop talking. :lol: That, and I feel like that these past few days have been quite a bombardment of information.

I know that I've been known to sleep for sixteen hours following an anime convention, so perhaps I should try not to overload myself with information. :( I know I am the type of person who tries to do a lot of different things at once, but then I end up getting nothing done at all. I have decided to set myself a schedule for the week where I assign myself two things to work on each day. I think I'm going to rotate my hobbies on each day, I have a little bit of time for each. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to keep up on all my Youtube series, while watching anime and working on three different RPs, and singing and writing and keeping in touch with my friends. :oops: It's a bit hard to let that go. At night, my brain just wants to keep going and get everything done, so it's hard to fall asleep!

I know what you mean about history class. I did take history class in the tenth grade, but there was so much to cover that it all got mixed up in my head. 8O I'm curious, how do you learn about these types of things? What do you mean by "follow the trails yourself?" :mrgreen:

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 1:34 pm

"Cause it's a bittersweet symphony this life.
Trying to make ends meet, trying to find some money then you die."

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 1:44 pm

It seems like that sometimes.....

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 1:44 pm

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 1:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It seems like that sometimes.....

You're not wrong Kraftie!

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 1:50 pm

1Biggles1 wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
Yes, exactly! I think that's why I took Latin lol....I could spend days in the archeological museums. My family had problems getting me out of there, since I'd spend hours and hours there. :lol: It's fascinating.

Yeah, even looking closely at the stones looking at the cutting marks and imagining them doing the work, or something seemingly simple as a small hole and what its purpose was...

Turkey had some great places for that also, We have areas here of archaeological importance including hieroglyphs on some of our rocks that are not of Maori origin...

Really? What origin are they? :) Google seems to suggest Egipt, and to some civilisation of people who lived there before Maori arrived.

We have here so many Roman artefacts at the seaside :D

On the ancient forum of Roman Iadera, you can see the pillars of the former Roman pagan temple inbuilt into what is now the Church of St Donatus. I could live on that site, especially since the archaeological museum is across the church.!

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 1:51 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
You're right, the Adriatic Sea is pretty. :D ...Wait, Booya, you live near Italy?!

I cannot speak for a history museum, but art museums are really cool.

Lol yes I do :) They're our neighbours, I live in Croatia, though unfortunately far from the seaside.

Art museums are fun as well - not sure what sort of art museums you have there, but last I saw here was some exhibition on Baroque paintings from Venice. Quite cool :)

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 1:51 pm

1Biggles1 wrote:
Lillikoi wrote:

The Whole Columbus thing for one really didn't make sense in my mind at the time for a number of reasons.

What is the alternative story to the Columbus one? :)

We were also very much misinformed, especially when it comes to national history.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 1:52 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
1Biggles1 wrote:
Lillikoi wrote:

Yeh, I am. :) Now that I've been spending some time by myself this morning. I think I should lay back on the socializing for a little while.

Not that that's a bad thing, but since all my friends are autistic that adds up to about three hours of nonstop talking. :lol: That, and I feel like that these past few days have been quite a bombardment of information.

I know that I've been known to sleep for sixteen hours following an anime convention, so perhaps I should try not to overload myself with information. :( I know I am the type of person who tries to do a lot of different things at once, but then I end up getting nothing done at all. I have decided to set myself a schedule for the week where I assign myself two things to work on each day. I think I'm going to rotate my hobbies on each day, I have a little bit of time for each. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to keep up on all my Youtube series, while watching anime and working on three different RPs, and singing and writing and keeping in touch with my friends. :oops: It's a bit hard to let that go. At night, my brain just wants to keep going and get everything done, so it's hard to fall asleep!

I know what you mean about history class. I did take history class in the tenth grade, but there was so much to cover that it all got mixed up in my head. 8O I'm curious, how do you learn about these types of things? What do you mean by "follow the trails yourself?" :mrgreen:

Wow, so you can choose when to take history classes or not? :) Here it's obligatory, we had to take it it from the fifth grade onwards.

hope things get better for you soon :)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 2:01 pm

Just thought I let you all know about a new type of dangerous email doing the rounds - please be aware:

The email offers processed pork , gelatin and salt in a can.

If you get his email , do not open it - It's Spam :P

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 2:04 pm

Booyakasha wrote:
B19 wrote:
Hope all goes really well with that. I'm feeling really refreshed now, thanks to certain members on WP and my first cousins (except for one no longer with us on the planet) who threw a wonderful surprise pre-birthday lunch for me today. It was lovely! (My birthday is not until next month though I will be in Raleigh country on a visit to Oz in September, so the cuzzies got in early, I thought we were just meeting for coffee). Also had a cruise on the harbour and just lovely vibes all day.

And that's so nice to hear! So we'll be celebrating your birthday next month :)

A cruise on the harbour sounds great - I've never done that. It seems to be involving a boat like this.

Sydney harbour!

Ho Hum.

See it EVERY DAY!

How boring!

Don't come here! It becomes a bit of an eyesore when you're forced to see it everyday!

Image[/quote]

WOW - Booyakasha

Not heard from you in A LONG TIME - GOD, I'VE MISSSED YOU!

How's things going?

GOD, I'm glad to hear from you again.
It felt like I'd lost a long term friend!
Where have you been?!

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 2:12 pm