Page 3 of 2310 [ 34647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 2310  Next

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,912
Location: Out of my mind

14 Oct 2015, 7:01 am

^ Thank you.
Good to be back.
A little vice is nice 8)


_________________
It's like I'm sleepwalking


mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2013
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,601
Location: Alberta, Canada

14 Oct 2015, 7:08 am

I'm not entirely sure what it is that keeps me coming back here. It seems that people here discuss the same things day after day, yet I am always checking for something new, or at least for responses to my own posts.



dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,807

14 Oct 2015, 9:33 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
It seems that people here discuss the same things day after day


Same can be said about any forum, topics range from

Arch Linux forums - "We are a superior human race because we use Arch Linux" and "Why haven't you read the wiki, you know its the best Linux one out there"

Gentoo Forums - "We are a superior human race because we compile our code from scratch because reasons, u mad bro?"

Ubuntu Forums - "OMG We have a gloried version of Debian" and "How can I get (a)(b)(c) working on Linux"

Fedora Forums - "OMG We have a gloried version of Red Hat that some how manged to be worse than OS it was based on" and "How can I get (a)(b)(c) working on Linux"

4chan - "Lets post some disturbing stuff" and "I can't get a girlfriend, presumably cause I browse 4chan"

vogons - "OMG Dos is better than anything else on the planet" and "Have you used Dos lately? its better than shrooms"

Crazy Boards - "We are crazy and don't insinuate that we are not"
(Back story here, I got banned because I suggested in a joking tone that a forum called crazyboard might insult some)

Suicide Forums - "I am gonna do it for real while most users don't provide actual support"

I could go on, some of these are obvious jokes but they are in fact, very true.



Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2015
Posts: 3,364

14 Oct 2015, 10:01 am

Hi, I'm Earthling and I'm an addict. :)
And Raleigh is back, how nice. :D


_________________
Get up and go


Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Dec 2014
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,631
Location: In the Wasteland

14 Oct 2015, 2:32 pm

Welcome back :)


_________________
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

No Arab loves the desert. We love water and green trees, there is nothing in the desert. No man needs nothing.

Grey ships pass. Into the west.


Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,912
Location: Out of my mind

14 Oct 2015, 3:49 pm

^ Thanks.
Missed you guys too :)


_________________
It's like I'm sleepwalking


Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 May 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,861
Location: Away

20 Oct 2015, 2:34 am

I resist any treatment at this moment.


_________________
"Embrace the glorious mess that you are."


Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Dec 2014
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,631
Location: In the Wasteland

20 Oct 2015, 3:06 am

Image


_________________
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

No Arab loves the desert. We love water and green trees, there is nothing in the desert. No man needs nothing.

Grey ships pass. Into the west.


mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2013
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,601
Location: Alberta, Canada

21 Oct 2015, 8:31 am

dcj123 wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
It seems that people here discuss the same things day after day


Same can be said about any forum, topics range from

Arch Linux forums - "We are a superior human race because we use Arch Linux" and "Why haven't you read the wiki, you know its the best Linux one out there"

Gentoo Forums - "We are a superior human race because we compile our code from scratch because reasons, u mad bro?"

Ubuntu Forums - "OMG We have a gloried version of Debian" and "How can I get (a)(b)(c) working on Linux"

Fedora Forums - "OMG We have a gloried version of Red Hat that some how manged to be worse than OS it was based on" and "How can I get (a)(b)(c) working on Linux"

4chan - "Lets post some disturbing stuff" and "I can't get a girlfriend, presumably cause I browse 4chan"

vogons - "OMG Dos is better than anything else on the planet" and "Have you used Dos lately? its better than shrooms"

Crazy Boards - "We are crazy and don't insinuate that we are not"
(Back story here, I got banned because I suggested in a joking tone that a forum called crazyboard might insult some)

Suicide Forums - "I am gonna do it for real while most users don't provide actual support"

I could go on, some of these are obvious jokes but they are in fact, very true.


Hey, another fellow VOGONS user. :P I agree, discussion there does tend to be quite monotonous, though it's usually n00bs trying to figure out how to use DosBox to run Win95 on their tablets, people obsessing over soundcards, and other crap I can't bother to remember. It sure would be nice if the DosBox devs FINALLY released version 0.75, with some of the SVN changes added.

I'm also fairly familiar with 4chan as much as I'd hate to admit it, and I know a little bit about the Ubuntu forums from the vast number of times I've tried using Linux. Which reminds me, I gotta get that Win7 usb ready for my Thinkpad.



Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 May 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,861
Location: Away

21 Oct 2015, 10:34 pm

repairing macbook power adapter ..still continue lurking WP..

Life is too short..

Image


_________________
"Embrace the glorious mess that you are."


Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Dec 2014
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,631
Location: In the Wasteland

21 Oct 2015, 10:44 pm

Drawyer wrote:
repairing macbook power adapter ..still continue lurking WP..

Life is too short..


I once had a broken PC power adapter that I tried to fix....there was a bright flash, some smoke, and my computer hard shut itself down :mrgreen:


_________________
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

No Arab loves the desert. We love water and green trees, there is nothing in the desert. No man needs nothing.

Grey ships pass. Into the west.


Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 May 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,861
Location: Away

21 Oct 2015, 10:46 pm

I'm soldering now it will take some minutes.


_________________
"Embrace the glorious mess that you are."


Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,912
Location: Out of my mind

23 Oct 2015, 2:59 pm

^ I love soldering.
The fumes smell so good.
Perhaps another reason why I have a lung condition? :|

I make Tiffany style (copper foiled) stained glass objects which require a lot of tinning.


_________________
It's like I'm sleepwalking


Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 May 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,861
Location: Away

23 Oct 2015, 3:44 pm

Raleigh wrote:
The fumes smell so good.
Perhaps another reason why I have a lung condition? :|
You're not joking?

I was once very sick after finishing about one hour soldering. I believed it was due to inhalation of a lot toxic fume, so since then I hold my breath as long as I can whenever soldering, and a fan is necessary to move bad fume away from my face. I think it damages your lung definitely.

I wish you hate the fume smell from now on, Raleigh!


_________________
"Embrace the glorious mess that you are."


Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2015
Posts: 3,364

23 Oct 2015, 3:51 pm

Drawyer wrote:
repairing macbook power adapter ..still continue lurking WP..

Life is too short..

Image

Noob! :P
Y U no use "View Posts Since Last Visit"?


_________________
Get up and go