I would be a McDonalds addict if it wasn't for social anxiet

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 6:41 am

My social anxiety is saving me on my health here. :) In my town there's a McDonalds restaurant which is always really busy whenever I'm in town. I get anxious if there's a lot of young people, teenagers and chavvy families with kids queuing because it's chaotic. I get anxious when I have to order my food because sometimes it's so noisy that I can't hear myself or the staff talk, also some of the staff are snappy and impatient and I get sensitive to it. Despite the popularity of the McDonalds in my town, often when I've gone in there the drink machine or the ice-cream machine isn't working, which is really annoying.
So, to avoid all that trouble, I am more tempted to go to the store on the other side of the road, which sells healthy lunches like pasta or fruit or salads or sandwiches. It's the same sort of price I would have paid for a McDonalds, but it's healthy and reliable too - they always have what I want every time, and it's quieter and friendlier too.

So, thank you social anxiety, you make me resist fast food and draw me to healthy food instead. :D

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 6:52 am

You're lucky you don't drive , less anxiety with a drive thru

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 7:30 am

Your body truly thanks you!

RESleight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Oct 2018, 9:25 am

It's the job of the food chemists to make sure people are enslaved to that stuff... It's a good thing you are unable to eat there.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Oct 2018, 12:46 pm

I was eating there about 1ce a week when I lived with my parents & probably a couple times a week when I was working at WalMart(there was a McDonald's a couple parking lots over that you could drive through & the drive tru was open all night). I eat there less than 1ce a month nowadays that I live with my girlfriend because there isn't one close by. The one at the mall was snuffed out along with at least a few local businesses so a Target could come in. I started eating at Dunkin Donuts more often as a result. There's a Dunkin at WalMart & we would sometimes stop at the mall along the way there so we could eat.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 12:56 pm

Joe90 wrote:
So, to avoid all that trouble, I am more tempted to go to the store on the other side of the road, which sells healthy lunches like pasta or fruit or salads or sandwiches. It's the same sort of price I would have paid for a McDonalds, but it's healthy and reliable too - they always have what I want every time, and it's quieter and friendlier too.
Not certain if others will corroborate this, but it is my general impression that in the US, a meal at the sort of cafe you describe as being across from the McDonald's will typically cost more than McDonald's. I think McDonald's is usually more expensive outside the US.

Speaking of which, I believe you once identified the town in which you live so I Googled that and found a photo of what I will assume is the McDonald's you have in mind. In the act of Googling, I found out there's a town of the same name in the US and they've got a McDonald's there too. Perhaps they should send each other Christmas cards every year!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 1:35 pm

lol I clicked on the thread title in order to tell you to count your blessings because it's far healthier not to eat McDonald's - but I see you already realize that. 8)

Last night my brother told me it's about $12 for a quarter pounder with cheese meal here, now. I haven't ordered a McDonald's meal in probably ~8+ years because I don't eat garbage food like that, so I had no idea it had gotten so expensive. Why anyone would go there and order that for $12 when they could go to a better restaurant and order a better burger and fries for ~$15 or so is beyond me. *shrug* I'm more the go to the grocery store, buy some lean or extra lean ground beef on sale, and go home and make burger patties kind of guy - healthier and cheaper if & when I choose to spend the money to eat beef. (a few times a year these days vs. a few times a week growing up.)

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 1:50 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
You're lucky you don't drive , less anxiety with a drive thru

Not in my case.
If I used the drive thru I would have to have someone with me to decipher whatever the hell was coming out of the speaker box.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 3:18 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Last night my brother told me it's about $12 for a quarter pounder with cheese meal here, now.
According to https://burgerlad.com/mcdonald-usa-menu-prices/, the price is $5.99US or $7.76 Canadian for the same thing in the US.

EDIT: I should point out though that the Canadian price probably includes VAT which I believe is about 13%, so for a fair comparison we should look at $10.44 rather than $12.00 Canadian. Also, Canadians may soon have access to less expensive beef due to the recently signed free trade agreement, as US beef producers aren't subject to the same regulations regarding use of hormones, antibiotics, etc. as are Canadian producers. That could possibly shave another dollar or so off the price in the near future.