Page 3 of 282 [ 4512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 282  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 9:46 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I got through a bit more of "garota de Ipanema" on the organ today :dj:

I never got why this song is so popular

My achievement today is that I finish the plan for my studio project and at least until now I like it
Cool!

I really like the way your living room design is focused on the TV. A narrow room with two opposing walls is the way to go. One wall for the couch and one wall for the TV. I really hate being in houses where the TV is miles away from the couch or even worse, where the couch and the TV are at right angles.

Just as I hate houses where the living room doesn't have two opposing walls. E.g. one wall has the front door in the middle of it, one wall is open to the kitchen/dining room and one wall has the path to the stairs or hallway so it's impossible to put a 3 seater couch up against the wall without blocking access to something (in a really big room the couch can go near the middle but the average sized room is getting smaller all the time).

Anyway, kudos for coming up with a very practical layout. What's it for? Is it for your course? Is it for a house you're planning to build?, etc.

Is the open space in the top left corner a balcony? A patio? Is this design for an apartment? For a unit? A holiday home? Is it freestanding or attatched? Is it meant to be at ground level or up a building?

I find this all very interesting :)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 9:49 pm

auntblabby wrote:
in the wee hours of this new day, I achieved an even greater appreciation for an even wider variety of music including works by finnish composer Einojuhani Rautavaara, his symphony #7 "angel of light" has to be heard to be believed, as is his novel composition "cantus arcticus" which uses sampled birdsong played through loudspeakers as part of public performance. :dj:
Oh wow that music is amazing! Can you recommend more music? :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 10:11 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
in the wee hours of this new day, I achieved an even greater appreciation for an even wider variety of music including works by finnish composer Einojuhani Rautavaara, his symphony #7 "angel of light" has to be heard to be believed, as is his novel composition "cantus arcticus" which uses sampled birdsong played through loudspeakers as part of public performance. :dj:
Oh wow that music is amazing! Can you recommend more music? :)

I think the long-forgotten compositions of Leroy Anderson should be listened to anew by a new generation.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 10:24 pm

I got outta bed. Does that count?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 10:46 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I got through a bit more of "garota de Ipanema" on the organ today :dj:

I never got why this song is so popular

My achievement today is that I finish the plan for my studio project and at least until now I like it
Cool!

I really like the way your living room design is focused on the TV. A narrow room with two opposing walls is the way to go. One wall for the couch and one wall for the TV. I really hate being in houses where the TV is miles away from the couch or even worse, where the couch and the TV are at right angles.

Just as I hate houses where the living room doesn't have two opposing walls. E.g. one wall has the front door in the middle of it, one wall is open to the kitchen/dining room and one wall has the path to the stairs or hallway so it's impossible to put a 3 seater couch up against the wall without blocking access to something (in a really big room the couch can go near the middle but the average sized room is getting smaller all the time).

Anyway, kudos for coming up with a very practical layout. What's it for? Is it for your course? Is it for a house you're planning to build?, etc.

Is the open space in the top left corner a balcony? A patio? Is this design for an apartment? For a unit? A holiday home? Is it freestanding or attatched? Is it meant to be at ground level or up a building?

I find this all very interesting :)

Thanks for being interested :D I study architecture, and I'm very interested in houses (specially interior spaces) and most of people look down at it in university, at least here in Brazil. Like it was less serious field.

It's for my course. It's a second house on top of a already existing house (that's why I don't have much credit for the layout, because the structure already existed so I needed to conform within it). As it's near the university, the owner plans to build an apartment to rent for students (we don't have student housing at university here).

It's a balcony, also can be used as laundry (I noticed that in Europe laundry machine is often in the kitchen or bathroom, for people here this is very weird and they often put it on a separate space or in the backyard, even if it's together with a social area. I don't know how it is in USA). I think it's too big, but it needed to be that way because of the structure. This direction takes more sun, so as it is open, the kitchen will take more sun as well, which is nice because my area is a coldish during the winter. (The kitchen also needed to be in that location because of structural reasons, mostly because it need to be as cheap as possible – the focus of the project is on low income houses, so there will be no need to extend the hydraulic system).

I never understand those rooms with TV where there isn't a comfortable point to watch the TV.

this is more or less how the house will look at the outside – I didn't decided about the roof yet, and maybe I'll change something, from now, I just replicated the first story facade. The model is very poor, I'm trying a new software and I can't do things properly yet, I have no idea how to connect the stair railings with the balcony. And there is no context (just the big wall that is the neighbor building)

here is the actual house, they already started to build the second story, but they abandoned it for a while. we are going to demolish that front part because otherwise it wouldn't fit a stair (there is a corridor on the side that was supposed to be 150cm large, so it would fit a stair, but the neighbor just build the house outside his limit – it's quite common this sort of thing in low income neighborhoods because people just build things without any technical assistance or government approval).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 11:14 pm

I got my laundry done.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 11:36 pm

Rinsed and conditioned my skull wig, sent a letter to a support worker, had a fifteen minute stroll around an industrial ghetto area I like exploring in the dark when I can get myself out, began sketching some kind of cavernous scene with my pencils that I ain't touched in months due to low mood, let myself read for a bit which I've found hard to do lately, that's quite a decent innings for me! :P

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 5:32 pm

Today I
Sorted my documents 
Walked to the supermarket to buy groceries 
Reassembled the PS2
Assembled a flatpacked table
Arranged a date with a girl for Monday 
(I met her on a dating site)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 5:34 pm

i managed to get out of bed and have 2 BMs. Image

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 12:38 am

Orgasm.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 1:13 am

^^^ :wtg:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 7:29 am

Today I went on a date with a pretty girl.
She said I was cute.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 4:06 pm

I finished drawing the forehead of an eagle, and cooked a nice pie for dinner.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 4:12 pm

I listened to nice music, and worked a lot on my new story.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 4:24 pm

Hotness.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 5:39 pm

I had tea. All is well. :mrgreen:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII