Post a random fact about yourself.

Page 3 of 10 [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 11,525
Location: United States

25 Jul 2017, 10:46 am

I have OCD.



Kiprobalhato
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2014
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Posts: 22,837
Location: booya's house, eating figs and celery

25 Jul 2017, 1:45 pm

i don't know if i have OCD.


_________________
I shall live and be in Duinkerken; that's just how it is.

(not currently a mod.)


Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,516
Location: Under a rock. Emerging occasionally.

25 Jul 2017, 2:13 pm

For some reason I get really, really sad when I'm hungry. 8O



FromPluto
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2017
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 32
Location: Johannesburg, Republic of South Africa

25 Jul 2017, 3:06 pm

I'm fermenting sauerkraut in my toddler's bedroom. It has garlic in it. My husband thinks I'm an evil mother. I think his room has the ideal temperature. The nanny thinks it smells home-y. I agree. But I have a hyposensitive sense of smell. I'm not sure what my son thinks. Perhaps my nanny is crazy.



komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jan 2017
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 550
Location: CzechRep.

25 Jul 2017, 4:21 pm

FromPluto wrote:
I'm fermenting sauerkraut in my toddler's bedroom. It has garlic in it. My husband thinks I'm an evil mother. I think his room has the ideal temperature. The nanny thinks it smells home-y. I agree. But I have a hyposensitive sense of smell. I'm not sure what my son thinks. Perhaps my nanny is crazy.


ew



SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2016
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,515
Location: UK

25 Jul 2017, 5:05 pm

If there was a button you could push that ended your life , I'd have pushed it close to 5000 times by now.


_________________
And after briefly dipping his toe in the waters of reason, the man with no brain happily retreats to frollic on Insanity beach


FromPluto
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2017
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 32
Location: Johannesburg, Republic of South Africa

25 Jul 2017, 5:54 pm

komamanga wrote:
FromPluto wrote:
I'm fermenting sauerkraut in my toddler's bedroom. It has garlic in it. My husband thinks I'm an evil mother. I think his room has the ideal temperature. The nanny thinks it smells home-y. I agree. But I have a hyposensitive sense of smell. I'm not sure what my son thinks. Perhaps my nanny is crazy.


ew

:oops:

Probably right. But I hope the good properties in the kraut will make up for my poor parenting otherwise. I think my son is okay. His favourite foods so far include liver, tarama and spicy tuna salad. Maybe he's also happy with fermented garlic and cabbage like his sensory seeking mama. The nanny is his neurotypical mom. She was born in the rural Eastern Cape and is Xhosa speaking. She's just more at home with fermentation smells.



FromPluto
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2017
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 32
Location: Johannesburg, Republic of South Africa

25 Jul 2017, 6:09 pm

Komamanga, I see that you are in the Czech Republic. Are you familiar with sauerkraut smells?

Healthy food is part of my intense interests. I'm especially interested in diets traditional to different cultures that have been around for hundreds of years and have proven health properties.

Sorry to gross you out. I don't gross out easily because almost all my senses are hyposensitive.



IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Nov 2016
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,261
Location: Santa Maria, CA.

26 Jul 2017, 9:43 am

I'm of German descent, but sauerkraut was definitely not one of my favorite things. It tasted okay, but it makes the house smell like a big cat litterbox.



FromPluto
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2017
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 32
Location: Johannesburg, Republic of South Africa

26 Jul 2017, 10:34 am

Ha ha. That's bad. Maybe my nose isn't working or maybe the cabbage is different here. I hope I'm not killing my little boy. He hangs out there of his own free will, so maybe it's not as bad as chemicals mixed with cat pee pee.

In any case I have made my profile pic a plate of Kraut Chi (fake Kim Chi) in celebration of this odd behaviour of mine. :lol:



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,380
Location: STENDEC

26 Jul 2017, 10:45 am

I habitually crack my knuckles.


_________________
Three-Eyed Raven

Level 2 moderate/severe nonverbal autism.

To me everyone is them.


StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Age: 13
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,013
Location: Stampy's Lovely World

26 Jul 2017, 11:02 am

I can't roll my tongue into a tube.


_________________
Special Interests: Stampy Cat, Autism, and AGT
Feel free to PM me!


TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Aug 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,034
Location: Looking for aliens in Cardiff

26 Jul 2017, 12:28 pm

I love all kinds of music and listen to just about every genre.


_________________
Have you never seen something so mad, so extraordinary, that just for one second you think there might be more out there?
Diagnosed PDD-NOS, 1997, High-Functioning Autism, 2013
Just call me Gwen ^_^


248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 747
Location: the world wide web

26 Jul 2017, 12:44 pm

I am sitting under a recently-replaced lightbulb.


_________________
Life ... that's what leaves the mess. Mad people everywhere.


komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jan 2017
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 550
Location: CzechRep.

26 Jul 2017, 3:40 pm

FromPluto wrote:
Komamanga, I see that you are in the Czech Republic. Are you familiar with sauerkraut smells?

Healthy food is part of my intense interests. I'm especially interested in diets traditional to different cultures that have been around for hundreds of years and have proven health properties.

Sorry to gross you out. I don't gross out easily because almost all my senses are hyposensitive.


I hate Czech cuisine haha. I can assure you there's nothing healthy about it either. I'm familiar with the smell, I really can't stand it :D

I'm from Turkey and Turkish cuisine is heavenly and a lot healthier though the latter can depend.

I like healthy food too and once obsessed over healthy eating. But I trust my nose the most when it comes to food, better than having to spit or throw up later on. I mostly eat really simple, mostly few ingredient meals as I'm on the hyper end of sensitive.