Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 2:13 pm

For some reason I get really, really sad when I'm hungry. 8O

FromPluto
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jul 2017, 3:06 pm

I'm fermenting sauerkraut in my toddler's bedroom. It has garlic in it. My husband thinks I'm an evil mother. I think his room has the ideal temperature. The nanny thinks it smells home-y. I agree. But I have a hyposensitive sense of smell. I'm not sure what my son thinks. Perhaps my nanny is crazy.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 4:21 pm

FromPluto wrote:
I'm fermenting sauerkraut in my toddler's bedroom. It has garlic in it. My husband thinks I'm an evil mother. I think his room has the ideal temperature. The nanny thinks it smells home-y. I agree. But I have a hyposensitive sense of smell. I'm not sure what my son thinks. Perhaps my nanny is crazy.

ew

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 5:05 pm

If there was a button you could push that ended your life , I'd have pushed it close to 5000 times by now.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

FromPluto

25 Jul 2017, 5:54 pm

komamanga wrote:
FromPluto wrote:

ew

:oops:

Probably right. But I hope the good properties in the kraut will make up for my poor parenting otherwise. I think my son is okay. His favourite foods so far include liver, tarama and spicy tuna salad. Maybe he's also happy with fermented garlic and cabbage like his sensory seeking mama. The nanny is his neurotypical mom. She was born in the rural Eastern Cape and is Xhosa speaking. She's just more at home with fermentation smells.

FromPluto

25 Jul 2017, 6:09 pm

Komamanga, I see that you are in the Czech Republic. Are you familiar with sauerkraut smells?

Healthy food is part of my intense interests. I'm especially interested in diets traditional to different cultures that have been around for hundreds of years and have proven health properties.

Sorry to gross you out. I don't gross out easily because almost all my senses are hyposensitive.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:43 am

I'm of German descent, but sauerkraut was definitely not one of my favorite things. It tasted okay, but it makes the house smell like a big cat litterbox.

FromPluto

26 Jul 2017, 10:34 am

Ha ha. That's bad. Maybe my nose isn't working or maybe the cabbage is different here. I hope I'm not killing my little boy. He hangs out there of his own free will, so maybe it's not as bad as chemicals mixed with cat pee pee.

In any case I have made my profile pic a plate of Kraut Chi (fake Kim Chi) in celebration of this odd behaviour of mine. :lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 10:45 am

I habitually crack my knuckles.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 11:02 am

I can't roll my tongue into a tube.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 12:28 pm

I love all kinds of music and listen to just about every genre.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 12:44 pm

I am sitting under a recently-replaced lightbulb.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 3:40 pm

FromPluto wrote:
Komamanga, I see that you are in the Czech Republic. Are you familiar with sauerkraut smells?

Healthy food is part of my intense interests. I'm especially interested in diets traditional to different cultures that have been around for hundreds of years and have proven health properties.

Sorry to gross you out. I don't gross out easily because almost all my senses are hyposensitive.

I hate Czech cuisine haha. I can assure you there's nothing healthy about it either. I'm familiar with the smell, I really can't stand it :D

I'm from Turkey and Turkish cuisine is heavenly and a lot healthier though the latter can depend.

I like healthy food too and once obsessed over healthy eating. But I trust my nose the most when it comes to food, better than having to spit or throw up later on. I mostly eat really simple, mostly few ingredient meals as I'm on the hyper end of sensitive.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 1:04 am

I'm not fond of kumbaya and good vibes.