Forum Moderator

07 Jul 2021, 4:54 pm

I'm afraid I need an explanation.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2021, 4:59 pm

Part 13 of the Health and Safety at Work (Hazardous Substances) Regulations 2017 (the Regulations) applies to the storage of liquid and solid class 6 (toxic) and class 8 (corrosive) substances above prescribed thresholds.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2021, 5:07 pm

Fnord wrote:
Part 13 of the Health and Safety at Work (Hazardous Substances) Regulations 2017 (the Regulations) applies to the storage of liquid and solid class 6 (toxic) and class 8 (corrosive) substances above prescribed thresholds.

Noooooope.. that's not it - try again! :D

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2021, 5:23 pm

British Rail Class 56 Diesel Locomotive

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2021, 6:48 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
British Rail Class 56 Diesel Locomotive

Nope!

Grammar geek in me is irked by their formatting.

It should read:

“Class 5, 6” imo

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Jul 2021, 3:11 am

The print looks like a state document with these dots designed to make modifications harder.
So, it's some state-recognized document to show outside, probably some certificate.

Canada has some licensed driving instructor system with class 5 for cars and class 6 for motor bikes.
Maybe this?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 5:04 am

I do believe she’s got it! :)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 9:18 am

magz wrote:
The print looks like a state document with these dots designed to make modifications harder.
So, it's some state-recognized document to show outside, probably some certificate.

Canada has some licensed driving instructor system with class 5 for cars and class 6 for motor bikes.
Maybe this?

:D 8)

Passed my motorcycle road test first time w/ an almost perfect score!

I made a few very minor mistakes that I caught, buuut the tester made a big one.. he tells me "turn right, turn right," over the radio and so I do what I'm supposed to do and am already in the right turning lane when he says "I meant left, turn left, turn left, turn left!" so I changed my signal, shoulder checked deep left to make sure it was clear, and deked across the driving lane and into the left turn lane, paused, cleared the lane and completed the turn ~flawlessly. Pretty sure that slick response was why he didn't bother dinging me for anything else at all. (I had one slightly wide turn I was worried about, and another slightly narrow one, and I think I missed one deep right shoulder check for bicycles at a right turn from a stop.) The only thing he dinged me for was "maintaining speed," because on some short residential side street I caught myself going nearly 55kmh, eased off the throttle but let it drop down to ~42, and then back up to 50. Meh, whatever.

I rode about 700kms since Sunday (and over 9,000 since I bought the bike), a 600km ride Sunday that was helpful, but then the rest was a mock road test at the riding school where they film it and give you feedback, then slow street, school/park zone, and parking lot practice practice practice. Was well worth it. Now the last few second stage learners restrictions are removed so I'm allowed to ride after Sunset, have a passenger, and can have a BAC over 0.00. (legal limit here is 0.05) Never have to redo a test - just get to keep my full motorcycle licence every time I renew my drivers licence for life.

Sooo, since I didn't have to be home by Sunset, last night I ripped to the beach and made it there just a few minutes before Sunset and then hung out for an hour and a half before riding home not worrying about getting a ticket for being out after dark. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 12:14 pm

Coffee/breaky time, then work to do for my cousin's cousin, maybe pop into my friends office in between to help out with something else, back to the other work etc.. and then MAYBE if I'm not too tired by the end of the night I'll go for a ride - if not, tmw.

Fun times burning 94 octane for the sheer hell of it :lol: although I might pick a destination or two.. might go deliver some toys I bought for a few pandemic toddlers, or go to Costco and see if they have a Winter wetsuit in stock, or maybe just go hit the beach that I so rarely get over to these days.

Regardless, destination, no destination.. I'll be burning 94 just for the thrill of the ride. 8) and a little internal LOL at the American news I've been hearing lately with right wing people complaining to no end that Biden is the cause of such high gas prices, *gasp* they're over $3/gallon in some places!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Wanna know what 94 costs me here right now? $1.989 cdn/L. Know what that is for a US gallon? $7.53 cdn/US gallon. In USD if currency exchange matters to you = $6.05 usd/US gallon. Pfffffffft, $3 gas is something to whine about incessantly on every online news media outlet??? :? :lol: :lol: $3 is half price!! ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 3:39 pm

Oops, I must have completely forgotten about the unwritten rule that no one on this forum is supposed to post anything positive or about accomplishing any sort of goal or achievement. :roll: