What sensations do you hate that others don't mind?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

coalminer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Nov 2017, 9:24 pm

When I'm eating food in a bowl with a spoon, I hate touching the bottom of the bowl with the spoon. Oftentimes, a small portion of the food doesn't get eaten as a result, which makes my dad angry.

There are other examples of course, but they're difficult for me to explain. Whenever something of this nature happens to me, or even when someone near me does one, I get a horrible tingly feeling throughout my whole body; almost like a chill. Does anyone else experience this?

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 9:42 pm

I hate being licked by a dog.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 9:46 pm

I feel uncomfortable in clothes if the sweater is not a V-neck, or if a detail on the shirt is peeking over the top of the sweater. I don't know why - maybe because I feel I have to keep adjusting it? I also am grossed out by things like bubbles in milk or the strings on a banana.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 10:16 pm

coalminer wrote:
There are other examples of course, but they're difficult for me to explain. Whenever something of this nature happens to me, or even when someone near me does one, I get a horrible tingly feeling throughout my whole body; almost like a chill. Does anyone else experience this?

A psychologist told me that the tingly, almost electrical feeling is our body's reaction to feeling "exposed" to stimuli we can't process. She recommended something to make me feel more anchored in time and space like a weighted blanket or vest. I find it works very well.

As far as sensations others can handle that I can't, the top of my list is soft kisses. My wife is used to it now. I recoil from her if she doesn't kiss me firmly enough!

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 12:03 am

I can't handle having a shower, so I don't often have one.
The sensation of water running down my body is creepy.

Oddly, I like those cold showers at the beach that almost blast your skin off. :?

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2017, 1:29 am

Can't hold the wooden stick of a ice cream lolly. Didn't realize that was weird until my boyfriend asked me why I always wrap the plastic bag around it.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 7:07 am

Texture of some clothes, especially wet wool. It's the feeling of something grinding under my touch.
It gives me thrills the same kind as fingernails on blackboard sound does.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 7:49 am

I don't like the feeling of kissing on the mouth. I HATE being tickled. I also dislike shirts that aren't vNeck because I feel like I'm being choked but this may be PTSD related but not sure.

You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

Location: With the Sailor Guardians & my other friends watching documentaries

28 Nov 2017, 9:12 am

I love taking a shower, but having water drip down my back when I am dressed is a nightmare for me. I absolutely HATE IT. :x

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on November 28, 2017)

If you are interested in PMing me, don't hesitate, you are welcome to do so anytime! :wtg:

The past is always such an adventurous thing to study! :mrgreen:

Quote:
Ahhhhh, this stuff is really fresh!
-Fab 5 Freddy (Change The Beat (Side B) (1982)