Name something weird that happened this Friday the 13th 2017

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 11:40 am

Name something weird that has happened to you this Friday the 13th.

I was listening to “Battery” by Metallica on a CD player and part way through the song the batteries died.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 1:05 pm

I hadn't realized today even was Friday the 13th! 8O And I'm usually good at keeping track of a date like that.

Earlier today I started playing Animal Jam, and then suddenly the whole computer froze up and the screen went black. I had to turn it off and start over. This has happened with my computer before, so I really don't believe it has anything to do with today's date. :)

My cat Mischief had decided to climb up on top of the filing cabinet next to my desk, and then he jumped about a couple of feet down onto my desk, knocking things over and being a pest, so I got angry and yelled at him. :( I wonder if that's what messed up my computer.

My mom mentioned getting me a new computer this Christmas... I just hope all my Sims games run on it okay.

Mischief is a black cat, too. Well, a black and white "tuxedo" cat. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 6:53 pm

on the subject of today, Friday The 13th, I had a very strange dream [typical for such a day] where I saw a car I liked in a Car & Driver magazine, so I hopped into the magazine [jumped into the picture] and found myself in a white Buick Lucerne, and was on a road where razor blades popped up out from the Bott's Dots, and as cars would try to change lanes, the blades would slice through their tires, puncturing them and sending the cars careening and crashing into each other and into walls. I raced to get to the nearest exit, where I found myself out in the country on a narrow 2-lane road, and as I climbed a hill it got an attitude on me and reared up to a vertical position which flipped my car over and send me falling back down to the bottom, where I noticed other cars passing me and climbing the hill which flattened itself out for them only. so I revved up the hill again before it had a chance to go vertical on me, but it reared up enough to send my car flying through the air and when I got to the other side I landed hard with a big jounce. then the straight road immediately warped itself before my eyes, into a bunch of Zs and Ws and S's. Hmph. :|

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:18 pm

I pretty much fogot it is Friday the 13th. It taking place in October always seems extra special, like a pre-Halloween thing. But alas I've been battling a nasty cold and nowhere near as attuned as I'd like to be.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:30 pm

I still remember it being Friday 13th in December a few years ago. I found this amusing because of it being in a month with a holiday that's supposed to be all about joy and peace. On Facebook I posted a picture of an animated black cat from a game I was playing and wished people a Happy Dismember. :twisted:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:31 pm

^^^ "happy dismember" :lmao:

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 11:06 pm

EzraS wrote:
I pretty much fogot it is Friday the 13th. It taking place in October always seems extra special, like a pre-Halloween thing. But alas I've been battling a nasty cold and nowhere near as attuned as I'd like to be.

It does seem special when Friday the 13th takes place in October, like a pre-Halloween thing. Do you dress up for Halloween or do anything for it? I dress up in an actual pilot uniform but I don't really do anything for Halloween besides that.

EscapingTheCrowd
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Oct 2017, 11:46 pm

I accidentally was an as*hole to multiple people. It was completely unintentional. I also missed a turn my GPS said to take. Stupid roundabouts. I could have sworn I was taking the second exit but the app counted it differently than me. That cost me a half an hour of time, and I was a little worried that I would never get to my destination.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 1:05 am

Went to see Lee Perry, as a bd-present! cool, a crowd of propably 200, early concert for the old, lol.
For the french friday 13 pressumably brings luck, and everyone wants to play the lottery on that day.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 11:15 am

I have going through my stuff lately, getting rid of old stuff I no longer want. Friday I looked through an old notebook where I had jotted down names to use in the stories I used to write. One of the lists there were for fantasy names.
I read through them and to my amazement I saw the name Denali there. This was something I had written down somewhere between 15 and 25 years ago, and I had no recollection of having heard the name before.

Just a few weeks ago I saw the name Denali on the back of a fantasy book I never got around to reading but that has been on my shelf for a few years.

These were two funny incidents to me since the name Denali has become important to me lately, seeing as it is the name of one of my favorite wolves. Funny thing is, when I first heard of this wolf in November 2016, I kept messing up his name saying "Delani" instead. It was weird for me to realize that in no less than two earlier instances I had come across the name that has now become dear to me.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765