Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2017, 6:14 am

Post one recommendation and tell us why you recommend this. The recommendation can be anything you like.

I'll start.

I recommend power naps. Whenever I start feeling tired, sleepy or just stressed out a power nap can help me calm down or give me the energy to go on instead of going trough a full sleep cycle of many hours or drinking coffee products. A power nap only takes about 10 - 20 minutes. 20 minutes is max. Don't overdo it or you'll risk it not working and you'll only be more tired and potentially ruining your normal night sleep. Use a timer if you can't judge how long you've been doing it. I usually don't need a timer as I know by feeling when I have done it for long enough to work. The good feeling I get when power napping is one of the best I can have. My body is relaxed and my mind is going trough all kinds of weird and interesting thoughts that usually don't make any sense to me once I wake up. It can be a bit hard to get out of it as it feels so good and you really want to just make it last forever. But more than 20 minutes is not recommended.

Here's a very useful step by step guide to power naps:
https://www.wikihow.com/Power-Nap

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 9:40 pm

I recommend that people, when they are still young, stop eating refined carbs. that is the single most important thing. do this before the damage happens later in life. your body will thank you then. I speak from experience.

Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2017, 1:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I recommend that people, when they are still young, stop eating refined carbs. that is the single most important thing. do this before the damage happens later in life. your body will thank you then. I speak from experience.

Interesting. I have heard some people say this. I'm by no means an expert on diets and stuff. But personally I try to vary everything I eat, eat 5 different vegetables or fruit every day and then I go for a run every second day. If I do that I can pretty much eat everything I wan't with a good conscience 8)

Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2017, 2:01 pm

I recommend the youtube channel Tested.
https://www.youtube.com/user/testedcom/featured

If you're a nerd like me you've probably heard about them or if you've watched MythBusters you'll recognise Adam Savage as one of the regular people on the shows.

They do reviews of technology, talk about pop culture, gaming, VR, science and maker culture. All the stuff I find very interesting in life.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 2:09 pm

Enceladus wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Interesting. I have heard some people say this. I'm by no means an expert on diets and stuff. But personally I try to vary everything I eat, eat 5 different vegetables or fruit every day and then I go for a run every second day. If I do that I can pretty much eat everything I wan't with a good conscience 8)

please consider the personal experience of this old timer, I used to be able to get away with that when I was your age, but the consequences of eating what I wanted [as long as I got my exercise in each day] caught up with me when I became middle-aged. your mileage may vary, but not by as much as the natural optimism of youth may commonly estimate.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 2:22 pm

I recommend Aspies go outside more even if it is by yourself.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 2:55 pm

^^^ :wtg: :idea:

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 8:34 am

I recommend having a pet. They are a comfort in bad times and they entertain us. They are work, but the love they give us is worth it.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 10:27 am

Hmmm, what can I recommend that hasn't been already recommended about a billion times already? I can easily think of things I would *not* recommend:

I would not recommend performing open heart surgery on yourself.
I would not not recommend putting your face in boiling water to see if it's hot enough.
I would not recommend getting a haircut at a salon that has no mirrors in it and there are hairdressers named "Butch", male or female. :lol:
And I would not recommend giving a toy with small parts to a child who is not over 3 or 4 years old.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 1:06 am

I would recommend going to a high-end stereo equipment store and listening to some acoustical music recordings [not amplied or synthesized] in their best system. you would be amazed at the quality of the sound that most folks never get to hear.