Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jan 2018, 8:34 am

I hate ostriches. I don't even know why, I just have a unexplainable dislike for them.
Anyone else have an animal they really don't like?

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2018, 9:57 am

Mosquitoes.

They do nothing but annoy you and suck your blood. They should go extinct.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2018, 10:18 am

Humans.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2018, 10:33 am

Flies. I really hate them.
Can't say I like mosquitoes, ticks, fleas or lice either. I have strained relations with some other 6 and 8 legged ones as well.

I never could stand apes, and particularly not primates. And most of all people.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2018, 11:15 pm

Humans are the worst animals ever. In fact, they're about the only animals that actually are horrible. Most animals people think are horrible, like snakes and spiders and rats, are really just gravely misunderstood. Just a few minutes ago I was reminded of this a genius on Facebook claiming to have educated themselves about vaccinations being dangerous and useless. I told them sarcastically "Yes, it's so much better and safer to get a life-threatening disease" and said their post was proof they weren't educated about vaccines at all.

And then I thought, "What have I done? This genius is not going to listen me because they're not capable of listening to anyone but themselves. They're just going to send me hate mail or something."

I think even animals I really don't like such as mosquitoes and flies and cockroaches (yes, they are animals) have a reason for existing, even if it's mainly as a food source by other animals that are less unpleasant. Humans have no reason for existing.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2018, 11:44 pm

I have an irrational phobia of parasites, particularly internal ones (as in, they send my brain into instant fight-or-flight mode, not just the simple "ew, gross" reaction most people have), but I can't say I hate them. They can't help what they are, and if I can get past my initial reaction, they're actually very interesting - some have quite complex and unique life cycles involving multiple hosts, and they have unique adaptations to living inside other animals. I think I'd have a special interest in them if it weren't for my phobia, but oftentimes I just can't get past that.

I'm not fond of house centipedes - for some reason, I find the angle of their legs and also their speed unsettling. I can't say I hate them either, though - again, they can't help what they are.

The only animals I actually hate are humans as a species, although individually, a good number of humans are decent enough.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 12:17 am

Bedbugs. They're brown and ugly and they feed on blood. They also take over and infest places. They're the Hitlers of the animal kingdom.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 5:04 am

Killdeer. The sound they make is very irritating.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 5:13 am

deer.

horses make me uncomfortable, but i wouldn't shoot any.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 6:15 am

Crabs, lobsters, scorpions... anything with pincers... I hate pincers.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 6:33 am

Just looking at a slug can make me retch. It's the closest to hate I have for an animal but I don't actually hate any animals.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 10:43 am

Hate is a strong term. Nevertheless, pitbulls fall in that category. They have no right to be among humans because they're unpredictable and kill for sport.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 11:56 am

I dislike many humans,find some creatures annoying.Black gnats are the worst.
Pit bulls are ok,they used to be used as nanny dogs.You can look up images and see.Its irresponsible breeders that only bred aggressive dogs to fight,that's what gave the dog a bad rep.
No bad dogs,only bad owners.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 12:37 pm

Since by some accounts we are in the midst of the sixth mass extinction (of plants and animals, including sea life) in geological history - and since by even more accounts human activity, selfishness, and indifference account for most of this, if not all - I can't hate any animal.

What I hate is human selfishness and indifference. Not humans per se. Just the monkeymind aspect that seems to be working overtime to destroy all it can reach.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

MidnightMoon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 1:18 pm

Killer whales, gorillas, orangutans, and baboons

Why yes, I am a conservative.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 1:25 pm

Embla wrote:
I hate ostriches. I don't even know why, I just have a unexplainable dislike for them.
Anyone else have an animal they really don't like?

Skunks and raccoons. I've had to deal with both, stinking up my property, and ransacking my garbage. Mosquitoes too. I did live in Mississippi for five years.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado