Page 4 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 11:23 pm

elbowgrease wrote:
I never really gave much thought to cows until I saw them in India. And there's no way to really describe how amazing they can be in writing. Decided I was going to take a picture of every one that I saw, but gave up after a day. Then broke my camera while holding it between my toes in order to film a scooter ride. Not sure that I could possibly offer adequate tribute to auntblabbly.

thank you for thinking of me :flower:

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 11:31 pm

You're one of my favorite people here.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 11:33 pm

auntblabby wrote:
prego :) be aware that some people react badly to kindness.

Yes, what is that? I know there are folks who perceive kindness as weakness and/or stupidity, and I have read that the same type of person will tend to loathe those character traits, and/or the people who possess them. I guess that's the answer in a nutshell. I have a problem where, if I see such people being treated differently, or poorly, even justifiably, so, I feel deep empathy for them. Particularly if they are being ignored. There is definitely something wrong with that, and I have only, recently, noticed this about myself. I cannot manage witnessing anyone being ignored, rejected or ostracized. It touches a nerve, and breaks my heart. Even if I am the one being ignored, rejected, or otherwise, it is the worst feeling in the world, to experience. rambling.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 11:39 pm

elbowgrease wrote:
You're one of my favorite people here.

you make me feel very welcome here indeed :heart: us aspies oughta stick together :bounce: :bounce:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 11:42 pm

Britte wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
prego :) be aware that some people react badly to kindness.

Yes, what is that? I know there are folks who perceive kindness as weakness and/or stupidity, and I have read that the same type of person will tend to loathe those character traits, and/or the people who possess them. I guess that's the answer in a nutshell. I have a problem where, if I see such people being treated differently, or poorly, even justifiably, so, I feel deep empathy for them. Particularly if they are being ignored. There is definitely something wrong with that, and I have only, recently, noticed this about myself. I cannot manage witnessing anyone being ignored, rejected or ostracized. It touches a nerve, and breaks my heart. Even if I am the one being ignored, rejected, or otherwise, it is the worst feeling in the world, to experience. rambling.

folks with the dark triad will tend to be in the behavioral category you described above. but I try to be good (and fail often) because of a somewhat selfish reason, in that I want to avoid as much as possible, having to explain myself to god, why I mistreated part of god's creation, why I denied love to one of god's own.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 11:43 pm

I have a problem with kindness because I don't believe I deserve it.
Which is my problem.
It seems more natural and logical to be abused.
Perhaps because I had an abusive upbringing and I don't think you ever get over that completely.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 12:08 am

Raleigh wrote:
Which is my problem. It seems more natural and logical to be abused.
Perhaps because I had an abusive upbringing and I don't think you ever get over that completely.

my mother thought I was "very stupid" while my dad, uncharacteristically defended me by saying "he has a good mind, he just thinks differently." at least when he was sober. in any case, I had an abusive older sociopathic brother, and I was a reject loner all throughout my childhood as I had no peers, and it took me decades to learn how to love myself and to gracefully accept a compliment.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 12:12 am

auntblabby wrote:
"SSF"? can you tell me who was that person? and Ferdinand would be so glad to see my dad when he came home from school, that he would sidle up to him sorta prancing sideways, tail swishing about, mooing loudly.

I apologize. SSF = StampySquiddyFan. I miss her very much, and we'd always send our posts off to one another, with matching emoji's. 2 of each, representing her and I. : ) I adore her and hope she returns, here, at some point, in the future.

Last edited by Britte on 17 Feb 2018, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 12:22 am

I hope at least you can find her on FB or mebbe on another aspie forum somewhere.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 12:22 am

Raleigh wrote:
Which is my problem.

Personally, I still feel guilty for wanting kindness, because I feel like I don't deserve it. However, I refuse to be abused by anyone else and you should too. You didn't deserve it then and you certainly don't deserve it now. There was a time I didn't feel the way I do today, there was a time I was angry with the world and even more so with myself. I still loathe myself, but I have learned to allow myself to be human. I hope with all my heart you too can learn to forgive yourself because you didn't deserve that sort of treatment.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 12:44 am

elbowgrease wrote:
Is there a "pot of gold" emoji?

Hi elbowgrease. I don't believe I have ever noticed a pot of gold emoji. I would think it would be utilized, a good bit. I wonder if emojis can be added with updates to the forum software.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 12:49 am

blackicmenace wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
Which is my problem.

Personally, I still feel guilty for wanting kindness, because I feel like I don't deserve it. However, I refuse to be abused by anyone else and you should too. You didn't deserve it then and you certainly don't deserve it now. There was a time I didn't feel the way I do today, there was a time I was angry with the world and even more so with myself. I still loathe myself, but I have learned to allow myself to be human. I hope with all my heart you too can learn to forgive yourself because you didn't deserve that sort of treatment.

I'm much better now, but I still feel weird when people say kind things like you just did and I don't know how to respond to it.
It confuses me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 12:50 am

Britte wrote:
elbowgrease wrote:
Is there a "pot of gold" emoji?

Hi elbowgrease. I don't believe I have ever noticed a pot of gold emoji. I would think it would be utilized, a good bit. I wonder if emojis can be added with updates to the forum software.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 12:52 am

I have found the best way to respond to compliments is with a smile and "thank you" :) one does not have to "feel" it, just do it so you won't have to worry about it later.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 12:52 am

auntblabby wrote:
I hope at least you can find her on FB or mebbe on another aspie forum somewhere.
Thank you. I don't have facebook, and I don't believe she did, either. I know she gets quite busy with school. She is 14, so I imagine she is in middle school, or, first year of high school and quite involved with music/violin. We share some of the same OCD symptoms, thus, we were helpful to one another, and had some nice conversations in the process. She is a lovely person and friend.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 12:54 am

thank you auntie for making me feel welcome and belonging here since day one and always being a positive presence in WP. :cat: i shan't forget you soon.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.