Black Panther [NO SPOILERS & DON'T POST ANY]

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 3:46 pm

This was my FB status immediately after seeing it at the premier last night in 3D w/ D-Box seats (motorized seats that move and rumble with the action - worth it for action movies! When there's a lot of action it's almost like a massage chair. :P )

goldfish21 wrote:
Black Panther: Trump better hope he can negotiate a good deal with Wakanda.. otherwise the USA is super f****d.

and my follow up comment:

goldfish21 wrote:
I'm gonna get real racist here for a sec:

IMO, the darker your skin & the younger you are, the more important it is for you to see this movie - especially on the big screen. I don't think there's ever been ANYTHING quite like this before and it reeeeeeally highlights just how privileged white kids are to see fictional white characters dominating everything on screen. Truly, I think this movie is a game changer for positivity for young black/non-white kids & could legit have a generational effect. While the comic book isn't exactly new, it's pretty perfectly timed considering the USA just had a black president for 8 years & now has a racist orange one.. the timing of this release seems to be just when America needs it most, and I hope it helps build momentum for a better future.

Thoughts? Comments? Discuss!